Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman fans will you be pissed

• 59 results
    flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By flashrobin

Superman fans will you be pissed if Superman/Batman movie ends up like this?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@flashrobin: Its not going to end up that way, that would be dumb as hell considering they're using Superman as their flag ship for the DC cinematic universe. They let it slide in the comics and the animated movies because they weren't risking 100 million dollar budgets. They may have the standard hero vs hero before the actual villain reveals himself thing but they will not be doing a live action Dark Knight returns anytime soon.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deaditegonzo

Yes, as that fight is 100% stupid. Frank Miller gave Batman every advantage he could for that fight and Batman still held up thousands of times better than he should have in a fight with Superman. And Kryptonite has never had that impact on Superman, it had to be overblown for the purposes of that particular story. Superman is not a government puppet, and would not become a federal hitman. In fact, Batman is the authoritarian, Superman has stood against the US Government on many occasions, even more frequently in the New 52. Not to mention the MoS movie established that Superman wouldnt do the governments bidding. On that note, in the movie, he was shown to be many times faster than Mach 24 (as he caught up to the ship travelling at that speed, even though he took off from the other side of the world), strong enough to destroy a building with nothing more than the force of his punch, etc. Batman shouldnt have a prayer in a fight, not to mention Knite hasnt even been introduced.

My guess is that Batman gets a hold of Kryptonian tech, allowing him to terraform the "arena" where they come to blows to be similar to Krypton, and he will utilize modified Kryptonian armour. But even then, that is really stupid, as Clark was shown capable of resisting a pure beam of gravity while exposed to Krypton's environment. Superman Fans: Prepare yourselves, the Jobbing of Your Life is Incoming.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashrobin: I'm a Superman fan and I......would like to see that :)

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By flameboy298

Im sure many Superman Fans will walk out the theater by this,atleast the ones I know

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no i wouldn't be pissed, the entire fight was superman holding back only hitting batman in his armored sections....makes it seem like he was playing fair and i respect that

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Pissed is not enough...

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, it wont happen. Znyder is no shmuck. They will engineer a confrontation where everyone is happy and no one loses, bit like the fights in the Avengers between Iron Man, Thor and Captain America....

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: That fight was so stupid....

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If WB saw a script for a movie staring a cash cow they want to keep milking being humiliated in a way that might make toy sales go down they'll give Snyder 2 options, change it or quit. They will certainly allow Batman to be shown in an equal light with Superman because he's actually a bigger cash cow at the moment but they won't let one outshine the other.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deaditegonzo

@bezza: That fight was so stupid....

At least the difference between Iron Man and Thor isnt even close to extreme as the difference between Supes and Batman. :|

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AweSam

It better be exactly like that.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By flameboy298
    Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If WB saw a script for a movie staring a cash cow they want to keep milking being humiliated in a way that might make toy sales go down they'll give Snyder 2 options, change it or quit. They will certainly allow Batman to be shown in an equal light with Superman because he's actually a bigger cash cow at the moment but they won't let one outshine the other.

That's basically what I was trying to say -you put it better than me!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their not going to let Batman beat Superman or the vice versa, at least not right now, I can see something like the Trinity battle from Avengers but nothing like TDKR because right now WB needs to make sequels to both franchises and I can't see them pissing of the fans of either heroes.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: A lot of people who have this worry that WB actually cares what happens in the comics as it relates to the movies, this is false. If a Batman fan boy thinks Batman should humiliate Superman in the movie WB does not care about disappointing him because they know that it could negatively affect future Superman movies and Superman can't humiliate Batman for the same reason.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Wolverine008

Why are Superman fans pulling their hair out worrying that Batman will look better than Superman? You guys just look paranoid right now.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: A lot of people who have this worry that WB actually cares what happens in the comics as it relates to the movies, this is false. If a Batman fan boy thinks Batman should humiliate Superman in the movie WB does not care about disappointing him because they know that it could negatively affect future Superman movies and Superman can't humiliate Batman for the same reason.

That's what I said.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I'm not worried, I'm just stating a logical fact here, they wan't both these guys to have long lasting and successful franchises and they aren't going to do anything that might jeopardize that.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wolverine08: I'm not worried, I'm just stating a logical fact here, they wan't both these guys to have long lasting and successful franchises and they aren't going to do anything that might jeopardize that.

True.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

stupid ending is you ask me.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, there are people who want Superman to,stalemate their favourite Heroes, if fans had their way Superman will fight every JLA member.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

My prediction is that they'll get into some sort of scuffle but the fight will be interrupted once they realize there are more important things to worry about, therefore there will be no clear winner and fanboys of both Superman and Batman won't be offended.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have no idea.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By consolemaster001

I don't want this to be a versus movie !

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I doubt that they will even fight. I think that Supes will disregard Batman in the beginning thinking that he won't be able to help until Batman does something to prove otherwise. Movie Supes could flick Batman across the city and the movie will probably show Batman as an actual human as opposed to appearing as a meta in the books.

Riot_Sqrrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

When has DC ever made a bad decision? Ever? ~whistles innocently~

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By flameboy298

@cap10nate: They will fight atleast get into a brawl they even insinuated it ,They said they're still thinking of a name for the movie Batman vs Superman Superman vs Batman

or World Finest(which would be best)

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like this- batman will think superman is a major threat,and willing to kill,so he will steal all the kryptonian tech he can find,research supermans strengths and weaknesses,and go at him.course he will get a couple good shots on him,but superman will not fight him,and batman will see that,so they both will stop,And over time learn to trust and respect each other.the end.......well until a actual villian shows up.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, as that fight is 100% stupid. Frank Miller gave Batman every advantage he could for that fight and Batman still held up thousands of times better than he should have in a fight with Superman. And Kryptonite has never had that impact on Superman, it had to be overblown for the purposes of that particular story. Superman is not a government puppet, and would not become a federal hitman. In fact, Batman is the authoritarian, Superman has stood against the US Government on many occasions, even more frequently in the New 52. Not to mention the MoS movie established that Superman wouldnt do the governments bidding. On that note, in the movie, he was shown to be many times faster than Mach 24 (as he caught up to the ship travelling at that speed, even though he took off from the other side of the world), strong enough to destroy a building with nothing more than the force of his punch, etc. Batman shouldnt have a prayer in a fight, not to mention Knite hasnt even been introduced.

My guess is that Batman gets a hold of Kryptonian tech, allowing him to terraform the "arena" where they come to blows to be similar to Krypton, and he will utilize modified Kryptonian armour. But even then, that is really stupid, as Clark was shown capable of resisting a pure beam of gravity while exposed to Krypton's environment. Superman Fans: Prepare yourselves, the Jobbing of Your Life is Incoming.

So, in other words, prepare to be shat upon like we usually are, only with a budget in the hundreds of millions of dollars?

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Superman fans should like Batman. Their practically brothers.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By flameboy298
    Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If superman would've won none of you would be complaining about that fight. And it was in a batman book, who did you expect to win?? Don't insult the entire work because you didn't like the last fight in it

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

If superman would've won none of you would be complaining about that fight. And it was in a batman book, who did you expect to win?? Don't insult the entire work because you didn't like the last fight in it

Frank Millar is whack job. And not the talented sort, like Alan Moore. He has all these absurd opinions, and this Tim Burton-esque infatuation in being off-colour, and all bleeds into his book. I hate the Dark Knight Returns.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I'm not gonna argue your opinion so that's fine. The dark knight returns is a bad@ss book for batman but not much else

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This is...displeasing.

Not the way I wanted the movie to be. As a fan of both Batman and Superman, I was hoping the movie would be a way to bridge the gap between the fanbases on the characters (and the actual characters themselves, practically all they do is get into skirmishes nowadays, I'd be good to the friendship between them again).

Batman and Superman are far cooler as a team, than they are when at odds with eachother.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a fan of both Superman and Batman, I don't care who wins.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are Superman fans pulling their hair out worrying that Batman will look better than Superman? You guys just look paranoid right now.

Because we have a history of being shat on and feeling like the Jews in Nazi Germany? :P Granted, our history of being shat on isn't as great as Aquaman's, but we still smell like dirty poo half the time.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Perezite

Superman fans should like Batman. Their practically brothers.

It's not that we don't like Batman. It's that we're afraid of being shat on again, because, let's face it, as Superman fans, we're much more frequent targets for abuse and get shat on more often. Not as badly as Aquaman (poor poor Aquaman), but still pretty bad.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CheeseSticks

@perezite: Yet Aquaman current title is better more acclaimed than every current Superman titles. So stop bashing Aquaman. You're writing like every Supes fans are victims.

I don't get why every Superman fans are so crazy about him losing. Get over it, my favorite character lose sometimes and i'm not crying about it.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: Yet Aquaman current title is better more acclaimed than every current Superman titles. So stop bashing Aquaman. You're writing like every Supes fans are victims.

I don't get why every Superman fans are so crazy about him losing. Get over it, my favorite character lose sometimes and i'm not crying about it.

1. Dude...how did you possibly confuse my post with Aquaman bashing?

2. Compared to Batman and Marvel fans?...yeah. Superman fans tend to be the victims more often.

3. It's not that we're crazy about him losing...we're crazy about him losing in stupid ways AND on the Big Screen and getting shat on again.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: 1. You said: ''poor poor Aquaman'' even if these days are gone. I don't see any Aquaman joke around like you are saying. Superman as even become more of a joke than him recently.

2. If you love being victims, good for you.

3. Superman fanboy are so overrating him that every time he lose it's ''bad writing''.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Perezite

1. Dude, the days of people shitting on Aquaman or think he's a joke AREN'T gone. Do I shit on him and think he's a joke? Fuck no. Why would someone who thought he was a joke by The Death of a Prince story arc in Trade Paper Back form? Pop culture and perception though, STILL view him as a joke though.

"Superman as even become more of a joke than him recently."

Doesn't this just give me ammunition and prove my point? Granted, I'm grateful for this new information I didn't know about before...but I'm really surprised you'd be generous enough to help someone your arguing with like that. Thank you kind sir.

Marvel fans who view him as a joke I find especially funny considering they have Namor, who wears a sequined speedo half the time, has pointed elf ears, AND little tiny wings on the back of his feet. Do I like Namor? Yeah! But come on! If you're going to hate DC's freaky fish guy, at least be consistent with your hate of freaky fish guys! XD

2. Ummm...when did I say I LIKED being the victim? All I just want is some level of respect and decency and understanding as to why I like Superman from other people, something I'm still looking for even after MoS and hoping that all the progress made towards that isn't dashed in the next movie and that I don't have to hear asshats in my college pray to the altar of the Bat-God because of how he totally wailed on that "Lameass Superhero Superman." Do I want them to pray to the altar of the Super-God? Fuck no. I just want people to quit taking a dump on Superman and playing up Bats like he's their own personal Jesus H. Christ.

3. Wow. I do love fallacies involving generalized statements. Please sir, can I have another? :P

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has fans?

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RedLantern23

@tjsh96: Considering a Superman book was the best selling title in June and July, yeah I'd say so.

Avatar image for doctorholmes241
    Doctorholmes241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Don't even start that

CairoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96 said:

Superman has fans?

I hope so or they are pumping out films and comics for no raisin.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as it isn't rubbed in my face, I'll be fine. Because I'm a lone Superman fan amongst all of my friends. Because, apparently, Batman is more believable.

The only thing Batman can take from these things is a moral victory. That's it. He knows that Superman would never cross the line, and if he ever did, there's plenty of ways to get Kryptonite and red solar radiation to bring him down. Cuz, let's face it, if this was Mr. Majestic, Sentry, Supreme, or (god-forbid) the Plutonian, Batman would be SOL.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96: I wonder the same thing these days. Sometimes I feel alone lol

zeejaybay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zeejaybay

@hart7668 said:

@tjsh96: I wonder the same thing these days. Sometimes I feel alone lol

Same here broha. We are definitely a dying race.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.