SUPERMAN FAMILY SOLICITATIONS FOR JULY, 2013

#1 Edited by War07 (135 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

All I can say is ''That Ass''

Anyway, Superman unchained looks good.

WTF is up with Batman/ Superman? Is this even canon?

#3 Posted by Akindoodle (971 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

All I can say is ''That Ass''

Anyway, Superman unchained looks good.

WTF is up with Batman/ Superman? Is this even canon?

Yeah, do they mean Earth 2 James Robinson's title? I thought that crossover was still 2 years away!

#4 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3455 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet, I'm looking forward to these. Except for anything by Lobdell. I'm really annoyed with him.

#5 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: It seems so. This pretty much recons anything that has happened in JL.

#6 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth 2 is getting a replacement Batman. It seems that earth 2 is also getting the expected replacement Superman. Maybe they are bruce wayne junior and clark kent junior who used to appear in imaginary stories in World's Finest. Altho the cover suggests, the earth 2 batman shown is the original earth 2 batman who is now dead so the story probably is set in the past before the death of the earth 2 batman.

#7 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: You think there will be a replacement Superman? There should be. Since there is a WW and Bats one.

#8 Posted by deaditegonzo (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

I see a lot to be excited about. Superman Unchained, a seeming return of Brainiac, and the fact that Lobdell will have more total control of Superman.

#9 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo:I gotta say Rocanforts art is stupendous.He should draw Superman forever ..or GL.

#10 Posted by Saren (25241 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@akindoodle: It seems so. This pretty much recons anything that has happened in JL.

So Superman never beat Batman!

#11 Posted by deaditegonzo (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@deaditegonzo:I gotta say Rocanforts art is stupendous.He should draw Superman forever ..or GL.

AGREED. I never thought anybody would usurp Lee as my favorite current artist (as Alex Ross hasnt been doing a lot lately, I saw his "The Shadow" covers), but Rocafort totally has.

And what I like about Lobdell is, he doesnt seem to be afraid of Superman's campy elements, or afraid to just let Superman be powerful. He is writing huge scale stories and putting Superman first, and I think thats great.

#12 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: I'm pretty sure he will here :P...Or Batman decided to forget that they met...or Mind erase :P

#13 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (14438 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to Superman Unchained and Batman/Superman.

#15 Edited by Akindoodle (971 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: Geez, can DC not get their NEW continuity straight? But I guess it's for the best. Clark should never be fists first, words later like he was in that JL issue (JL's been a mediocre mess IMO)

#16 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Not exactly thrilled about Lobdell now in control of both Action Comics and the namesake title.

#17 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: It seems like a retcon. It doesn't really make sense. It would if it was the 5 years timeline.

#18 Posted by Akindoodle (971 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: And again with that stupid "let's-shoot-ourselves-in-the-frigging-foot" 5 year gap. It's messed up so many things for them... maybe the solicit refers to their first mission together outside the JL?

#19 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The earth 2 story seems to be set in the past before the death of the earth 2 batman and death of earth 2 superman, so it is probably set before the first Justice League meeting. In the older continuities, Superman and Batman have already met before the Justice League was formed.

#20 Posted by sinestro_GL (3030 posts) - - Show Bio

BRAINIAC!

Wasn't a fan of the caterpillar version by Morrison. Hopefully this version will be more similar to Johns'

#21 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Jae Lee used to draw such powerful characters . . . what happened?

#22 Posted by consolemaster001 (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

Jae Lee used to draw such powerful characters . . . what happened?

you mean jim ?

#23 Edited by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.