Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman Doesn't need a third ongoing!

• 70 results
    deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By deaditegonzo
    No Caption Provided

Frankly, this is the new book I am most excited about. Its seriously about time that DC uses some resources.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
    deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: just because its the one he wants to tell dosent mean its the only one he will tell.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By Saren

He barely needs two. Three is pushing it. Four? Get outta here. Five now with SM/WW? Shut up and give me the Adventures of Mr. Unknown & Lolita Canary already.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By z3ro180

@deaditegonzo: who writing SM/WW I know tony s Daniels is on art.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@deaditegonzo: who writing SM/WW I know tony s Daniels is on art.

Charles Soule, the writer of Swamp Thing and Red Lanterns

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

More Superman the better!

Superman

I dropped, but I'm going to collect Lobdell's run later.

Superman Unchained

1st issue was okay, but $5 per issue? No thanks! I might collect it after the price drops on comixology.com

Batman/Superman

Definitely going on my pull list, great 1st issue, love the art too.

Superman/Wonder Woman

Definitely checking out the 1st issue.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@sethysquare said:

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

BUT IF THE UNDERWEAR COMES BACK IM OUT.

Why does he have to wear the same outfit every day? No one in the real world does. Jim Lee helped to design to downright awful, atrocious, "crime against humanity on par with genocide and child molestation" New 52 armored look, so I think you're likely to find that gaudy costume in Man of Steel. But with three ongoings he could easily be drawn in the classic tights and underwear in Superman and the new jeans and tee-shirt appearance in Action Comics. That way fans of each are satisfied with at least that aspect for at least one of the titles.

Or perhaps it would be best to remove editorial mandates altogether and let each artist bring their own interpretation to the costume as they see fit. Having seen some fairly cool variants on DeviantArt I'd love to see what professional artists could do with the same level of freedom.

please don't use phrases like that. You're making genocide and child molestation sound less severe than it is.

hate the costume all you want but nobody died or got traumatized for life so please refrain from making such stupid comparisons.

After alliteration, hyperbole is my favorite literary device and I employ it with great frequency. I make it quite clear that I'm exaggerating and do not genuinely hold this opinion. All the while, there are some opinions reflecting the zeitgeist of our age being expressed on these very forums which I deeply ignorant and yet do not express offence at. After all, offence is so subjective that anyone could take offence at absolutely anything, so that trying to avoid offending others is an exercise in futility and frustration

Still messed up how you compared the two, not cool at all.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59 the_stegman  Moderator

Action Comics is a must. So is "Superman". I think Batman/Superman is a good third title. But I'd rather have the "Superman Unchained" team on Action Comics instead of a fourth title.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid said:

@squalleon: You would think that DC would shine the spotlight on other characters instead of making a bunch of Batman/Superman titles which they ironically made a book called that.

COME ON! They just made ANOTHER "Lantern Title"! Guess Larfleeze just showed you that DC does not just focus on Superman and Batman .... (yes I'm being sarcastic)

To be fair, Marvel is loaded with Avngers, X-men and Spiderman family titles! What Sells sells!

They should totally do a

• Green Lantern / Batman title
    • Green Lantern / Superman title
    • a Batman /Wonder Women title
    • a green Lantern / Wonder Woman title
    • A Superman squadron (since family failed)
    JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By JakeN7

@ccraft said:

Superman Unchained

1st issue was okay, but $5 per issue? No thanks! I might collect it after the price drops on comixology.com

Only the first issue was priced at $4.99 because of the pullout poster splash page. Both the 2nd and 3rd issues are currently solicited at $3.99

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

He needs only Action Comics and Superman.Superman Unchained would be better if it is something like a miniseries and just telling one big story.And the Superman/WW title,why would they even do that?Superman is great and I like him but he doesn't need so damn many titles.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Well this one (and only this one) is the only one that I'm of course going to buy (and the kenneth rocafort one because the art is phenomenal).

But you know what they're gonna do,when they run out of ends they're gonna cancel all the good titles such as Supergirl,Talon,All-star Western,Batwoman,Green Arrow (WW gets invulnerability...thank god since she only has 1 title while batman and Superman have like 8 put together...why does DC not care about her? And Snyders Batman gets invulnerability since its like Batmans primary book,but it doesn't even need it anyway being that it's amazing.And Superman's title gets invulnerability also even though it's awful) and replace it with more JL,Batman,and Superman titles....

I mean,this one I actually love,but when it's over a course of time when they cancel all the good titles and replace it with more Batman or Justice League or Superman,it actually gets sickening.

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like action comics and Superman but You're right he doesn't need a third

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Action Comics

I'm getting it. It's improved since Morrison left. Don't like his run.

Superman

I'm getting it even though I have problems with it.

Superman Unchained

Instead of doing this they should put the team on Action

Batman/Superman

No interest in getting. I liked it last time but they shouldn't go again

Superman/Wonder Woman

Looking forward to this.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#66  Edited By Lvenger

@dernman said:

Action Comics

I'm getting it. It's improved since Morrison left. Don't like his run. I'd wait till Pak's on the title.

Superman

I'm getting it even though I have problems with it. Hate Lobdell's writing of the character but if you want to get it, your call

Superman Unchained

Instead of doing this they should put the team on Action. Agreed but I'm still gonna get it. Best creative team on Superman for a while

Batman/Superman

No interest in getting. I liked it last time but they shouldn't go again I quite like it actually

Superman/Wonder Woman

Looking forward to this. Can't say I am despite the good creative team. Wish they were on Action Comics instead.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@lvenger:

Superman

Hate Lobdell's writing of the character but if you want to get it, your call

Trust me there were times I wanted to light my copy on fire and never get it again. Usually right after each issue. By the time next issue comes out I forget and pick it up again to my regret.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@dernman said:

@lvenger:

Superman

Hate Lobdell's writing of the character but if you want to get it, your call

Trust me there were times I wanted to light my copy on fire and never get it again. Usually right after each issue. By the time next issue comes out I forget and pick it up again to my regret.

Fair enough.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By toptom

why he should not have other titles? i get your idea that DC should make his 2 classic titles better, but i think we all should hope to have many titles with an high quality.Having more titles doesn't make them less beautiful or pleasant. I am more than happy we are going to have 4 Superman's ongonings this year ...plus the Jl 's books, of course.

Action Comics has had a great writer but a mediocre artist. Now it has had a mediocre writer but an eceptional artist. I am curious to see the short run of lobdel...since i just love space stories...but of course i can not wait to see Pak in action!

Superman has gotten waaaay better with Lobdel: this is not a great run,even tough it is not as bad as many though. Lobdell has got many crazy ideas and i love his version of Supes: strong,confident and above all clever....but his writing is inconsistant;sometimes it is good,sometimes it is not. Thankfully the art is gorgeus.(above else,after this "psi-war" i think we are going to see Superman vs Darkseid or Helspont or both.......crossing fingers...)

Superman Unchained seems to be good,even if i was expecting more from the first issue. Actually i don't know what i was really expecting from it, but this title had the premise to soar above the rest even if it is not so good yet.

Batman/Superman,at leats for now ( and at least for me) seems to be the best superman's title out here.

I am also happy to see Daniel's art again on Supes/WW,since i love him as much i love jim lee now.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By toptom

@drgnx said:

They should totally do a

• Green Lantern / Batman title
    • Green Lantern / Superman title
    • a Batman /Wonder Women title
    • a green Lantern / Wonder Woman title
    • A Superman squadron (since family failed)

i have thought to that too! i'd love to see both of them sharing some cosmic story, i can totally see this 2 characters work well togheter.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.