Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman Crime Stories

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is there any story that crime related just like the Batman stories?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Superman has to stop meteoroids from hitting the earth, not worry about who took the cookies from the cookie jar :P

JK, I dunno. Maybe someone else knows.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Try Morrison's Action run, he tries his hands there. Supes hasn't had much crime stories since he departed from the Golden Age though.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

You mean a detective story or Superman versus street level crime like thugs and the mafia.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: Yeah, one of the issues deals with Supes vs a Child Molester. It was, like most of Morrison's run, a good concept, but felt rushed and skipped through.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Squalleon

@superguy1591 said:

@squalleon: Yeah, one of the issues deals with Supes vs a Child Molester. It was, like most of Morrison's run, a good concept, but felt rushed and skipped through.

Are you sure you are answering to me? Considering I didn't ask anything or commented on something.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeremy1989 said:

You mean a detective story or Superman versus street level crime like thugs and the mafia.

Yes, something like that.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Squalleon

Do you mean issue 0? Because issue 0 had to do with a child abuser, not molester. And while I disagree that Morrison's run was "rushed", I am obligated to advice you to give it another chance since it is the best N52-Superman story yet. Maybe if you read it on a trade you might wanna like it more, since the order of the comics changed to make it more reader-friendly. As for issue 0, it is a great issue, I am actually surpriced you decide to skip it, maybe thats the reason you disliked it.

@squalleon said:

@jeremy1989 said:

Yes, something like that.

• SUPERMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 The first stories of Superman. Superman vs corrupt businessmen,politicians and gangsters. Its worth your money.
    • Fleischer's superman cartoon, you can find every episode on youtube.
    • Grant Morrison's Action Comics has instances were Superman fights police men and takes on the organized crime.
    • Superman: Lost Hearts is a mystery story that Clark tries to solve.
    Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Nah, loved number 0. I think that and Action Comics # 29 are my favorite N52 issues (I mean in general, not just Superman). Superman inspired hope and proved that we're all capable of heroics.

I mean AC#10. As far as Morrison's run, I didn't like All-Star Superman either so im not shocked i couldn't enjoy his AC. I have all 19 of his AC books, dont need trade.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

I mean AC#10. As far as Morrison's run, I didn't like All-Star Superman either so im not shocked i couldn't enjoy his AC. I have all 19 of his AC books, dont need trade.

• 0_o Ok...
    • The order of the books in the trade is different, maybe you would enjoy it more in that order, there is no need to buy it, just try to find the order they put it. And I am actually surpised people don't like the first arc of AC.
    Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Try some Golden Age stuff, Supes really just deals with uh how top put this....'bigger' problems

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.