Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman convergence tie in comic question.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is the comic tie in with Superman and Lois haveing a kid pre new 52 superman or an else worlds superman ?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@z3ro180: It's Pre New 52 Superman who's having a baby with Lois.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Grand :D you think this is DC bringing the Pre new 52 universe back for a sping of new weekly titles ?

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's confusing cuz pre new 52 Superman couldn't have a baby with lois, well naturally anyway, hopefully it's explained even though that universe technically doesn't exist anymore. (Continuity errors bug me, ya the last 4 years haven't been so swell :P)

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@lvenger: Grand :D you think this is DC bringing the Pre new 52 universe back for a sping of new weekly titles ?

Just that idea makes me happier than one can imagine but nothing's been announced so far along those lines.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: I never licked that idea that they couldn't have a kid together. I mean it's a good explanation he is an alien from another planet that only looks human so it understandable that they might not be able to have a kid. So it's more a nitpick than a problem :P

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Izaiah

Pre-Flashpoint, Mon-El (a Daxamite, thus part Kryptonian) got Billie Harper pregnant, which appears to suggest that the Human/Kryptonian incompatibility isn't as impossible to overcome as Jor-El thought. And Mon-El himself was descended from Bal Gand who had a baby with an ancient Mayan man.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Been done in Superman returns. This is a ripoff

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

I doubt it. In most interviews for Convergence, it's usually implied that Convergence is a swan song for the previous continuities, especially the Pre Flashpoint one. Then DC can go "Here we gave you Pre New 52 for 2 months? You want more? LOL nope here's our new stuff instead." Weekly Pre New 52 titles would be too hard to maintain and DC's questionable executives clearly don't want to go back to the Pre New 52 any time soon. This way, they can temporarily appease the New 52 haters, bring them back for 2 months then relaunch with a clean slate and attract new fans. That's the theory for them anyway.

It's confusing cuz pre new 52 Superman couldn't have a baby with lois, well naturally anyway, hopefully it's explained even though that universe technically doesn't exist anymore. (Continuity errors bug me, ya the last 4 years haven't been so swell :P)

I believe the solicits say Superman is powerless at the time. Which makes sense because he's been trapped in a domed city (Gotham maybe?) without access to yellow solar radiation. Thus, he could have a baby naturally with Lois without that pesky Kryptonian DNA getting in the way.

Been done in Superman returns. This is a ripoff

Why is it a ripoff? Stories of Superman and Lois marrying and raising a family have existed since the Silver Age.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waste of time I say, but some of the titles look interesting

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I hope Supes isn't powerless in this seris. If it's one thing new 52 haters hate more is their favorite hero being depowered.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@lvenger: I hope Supes isn't powerless in this seris. If it's one thing new 52 haters hate more is their favorite hero being depowered.

I don't know, there needs to be a good reason for Superman to regain his powers for it to work.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: jut the solicitations locks like he is going to be powerless but I think it might be for only the first issue. Anyway I'm looking forward to it, the new 52 is not without its flaws but I am enjoying it but it's just nice to have the version I grew up on return even if it's only for a few issues :)

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have to pick this one up. I hate how they did away with Lois's and Superman's marriage.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I'm just joking around

Oh my bad, I've done the same over the Internet, I shouldn't forget how easy it is for humorous posts to get misinterpreted.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.