Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman comics with great fights in them ?

90mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 90mv

I watched superman/batman apocalypse, and now I wanna see supes punch something :)

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HeWhoSees

Wow. Shallow much?

Probably some of the BETTER fights involving Supes are the ones that occurred in The Death of Superman, the follow up arc where Doomsday returns dubbed: "Hunter/Prey", and that Eclipso fight with Captain Marvel.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For animated fights, you can't go wrong with:

"Justice League Unlimited: The Doomsday Sanction."

Loading Video...

"Justice League Unlimited Episode: For the Man Who Has Everything"

Loading Video...

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PowerWoman

Death battle,superman vs goku,good video

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and Kal-L vs Superboy Prime in Infinite Crisis

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Superman vs Asmodel (jla issue 7)

Superman vs Mongul (superman annual 1)

Superman vs Captain Marvel (kingdom Come)

Superman vs Brainiac (superman brainiac)

@90mv: top of my head i think they will satisfy you

90mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By w0nd

Wow. Shallow much?

Probably some of the BETTER fights involving Supes are the ones that occurred in The Death of Superman, the follow up arc where Doomsday returns dubbed: "Hunter/Prey", and that Eclipso fight with Captain Marvel.

It's completely shallow, but at the same time satisfying. People like to go on how poetic superman is and all these metaphors and word play and blah blah blah is amazing, but lets get down to brass tax here, sometimes it's nice to just see him punch someone in the face.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Our worlds at War! Superman punches all kinds of ass in that one, War of the supermen...superman/batman public enemies, superman: last son...to name a few.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

always liked Final Crisis throwdown between WW and Superman....

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, "For the Man who Has Everything", featuring Superman vs Mongul is an epic fight, and always does a great job hitting on Superman's personality.

Our Worlds at War has Superman punching crap left and right, and he is pretty much the only one who can do anything against Imperiex and his drones.

In Superman #175, he faces Doomsday Rex, and actually pulls out a speed blitz as shown in Superman/Batman Apocalypse.

In Trinity, which is overall a pretty crappy arc, Superman throws planet crushing punches at a Hulk clone called Konvikt, and then one mans the entire Crime Syndicate of America, including his alternate Universe doppelganger.

Doomsday: Hunter/Prey does have some awesome fighting in it, with a particularly brutal Doomsday.

Infinite Crisis, as someone mentioned, has several HUGE battles featuring him, including one where he and an Alternate universe version of himself shatter reality with their blows. Though the majority of this fight takes place in the Superman tie-ins.

Final Crisis: Superman Beyond 3D, features one of Superman's most absurd slugfests, as he pilates a cosmic armour version of himself and fights a multiversal threat. He ends up winning by the power of PIS, literally.

In Superman vs Darkseid: Apokolips Now! he throws down with Darkseid, but its pretty... dumb. If you just want to see him punch stuff, though, he totally does. There is also the actual issues Superman/Batman Apocalypse is based on, an arc in Superman/Batma called "The Supergirl from Krypton." It is also kind of dumb lol.

In the New 52, and beautifully drawn by Kenneth Rocafort, Superman throws punches that send tremors through the atmosphere at H'El, in issue #17. He punches the lovingly fan coined Super-Doom in Action comics #18-19, all while poisoned with K-Nite. In my favourite fight so far in the New 52, he has a two part fight with Helspont, and in the second fight, Helspont proves capable of giving Kal a concussion with a back hand, Superman issue #8 and Superman Annual 1.

In the Superman: Brainiac graphic novel he has a pretty bad a** fight. Theres a lot of great Superman brawls out there.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@hewhosees said:

Wow. Shallow much?

It's completely shallow, but at the same time satisfying. People like to go on how poetic superman is and all these metaphors and word play and blah blah blah is amazing, but lets get down to brass tax here, sometimes it's nice to just see him punch someone in the face.

Agreed, but if that's the ONLY reason you like Superman (or the majority of characters, now that I think about it) or heck, even the majority, and you think power automatically equals a great character or a bad character then you've got issues man and probably aren't very bright (but DEFINITELY very shallow).

You'd probably like to eat shiny glitter and sequins or other stylish things instead of just eating all five essential food groups.

By the way, yes, that was a style and substance joke.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HeWhoSees

Yeah,

"For the Man who Has Everything"

, featuring Superman vs Mongul is an epic fight, and always does a great job hitting on Superman's personality.

Our Worlds at War has Superman punching crap left and right, and he is pretty much the only one who can do anything against Imperiex and his drones.

In Superman #175, he faces Doomsday Rex, and actually pulls out a speed blitz as shown in Superman/Batman Apocalypse.

In Trinity, which is overall a pretty crappy arc, Superman throws planet crushing punches at a Hulk clone called Konvikt, and then one mans the entire Crime Syndicate of America, including his alternate Universe doppelganger.

Doomsday: Hunter/Prey does have some awesome fighting in it, with a particularly brutal Doomsday.

Infinite Crisis, as someone mentioned, has several HUGE battles featuring him, including one where he and an Alternate universe version of himself shatter reality with their blows. Though the majority of this fight takes place in the Superman tie-ins.

Final Crisis: Superman Beyond 3D, features one of Superman's most absurd slugfests, as he pilates a cosmic armour version of himself and fights a multiversal threat. He ends up winning by the power of PIS, literally.

In Superman vs Darkseid: Apokolips Now! he throws down with Darkseid, but its pretty... dumb. If you just want to see him punch stuff, though, he totally does. There is also the actual issues Superman/Batman Apocalypse is based on, an arc in Superman/Batma called "The Supergirl from Krypton." It is also kind of dumb lol.

In the New 52, and beautifully drawn by Kenneth Rocafort, Superman throws punches that send tremors through the atmosphere at H'El, in issue #17. He punches the lovingly fan coined Super-Doom in Action comics #18-19, all while poisoned with K-Nite. In my favourite fight so far in the New 52, he has a two part fight with Helspont, and in the second fight, Helspont proves capable of giving Kal a concussion with a back hand, Superman issue #8 and Superman Annual 1.

In the Superman: Brainiac graphic novel he has a pretty bad a** fight. Theres a lot of great Superman brawls out there.

Hold it. Tell me why you thought Trinity was a crappy arc? Was it because of the lack of focus? Did they not manage to get the characters right? Did they not have some good and deep character moments? What!? What!? What!? I want DETAIL damn you!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@hewhosees said:

Wow. Shallow much?

Agreed, but if that's the ONLY reason you like Superman (or the majority of characters, now that I think about it) or heck, even the majority, and you think power automatically equals a great character or a bad character then you've got issues man and probably aren't very bright (but DEFINITELY very shallow).

You'd probably like to eat shiny glitter and sequins or other stylish things instead of just eating all five essential food groups.

Many disadvantaged African-Americans (like myself) have limited nutritional choices, therefore they must subsist of shiny glitter and sequins. It's a black thing, bro.

but in all seriousness yes you are right. I see people on here basing their choices off who is strongest

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HeWhoSees

@w0nd said:

@hewhosees said:

@w0nd said:

@hewhosees said:

Wow. Shallow much?

Many disadvantaged African-Americans (like myself) have limited nutritional choices, therefore they must subsist of shiny glitter and sequins. It's a black thing, bro.

but in all seriousness yes you are right. I see people on here basing their choices off who is strongest

Many advantaged Hispanics (like myself) are too lazy to go an entire day without 11 hours of sleep. It's a privileged Puerto-Rican thing madicone. :P

In all seriousness, I agree with you agreeing with me. I'd like to slap those people and tell them I'm Tony Montana.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: The characters did act really out of character, the whole basis in tarot was nonsense imo, and it was written like a Michael Bay film. It eas also painfully forgettable.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HeWhoSees

@hewhosees: The characters did act really out of character, the whole basis in tarot was nonsense imo, and it was written like a Michael Bay film. It eas also painfully forgettable.

1. Give me some examples.

2. The Tarot thing was cool and really played with the idea of the Trinity.

3. Please...Transformers 2 and 3 WISH they achieved that kind of quality in Trinity and Trinity, if it is bad, is not THAT bad.

4. How the hell did you forget Primat and that whole dreaming legion band, the big three becoming gods, the entire world being altered so that the idea of metas existed but the concept of a Superhero never did, that alternate two face and his daughter trapped inside SPHERE, that void wolf thingy, and that ending where the big three, being complete and UTTER trolls in a hilarious fashion, somehow manage to place the soul of the Riddler's dead daughter inside the Void-wolf and send him and her back to the world of the Injustice Gang?

I don't know what kind of shiz'nit you saw before, but it's pretty hard to forget that!

Also, isn't a habit of big crossover events to jump around a lot?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ssejllenrad

Grounded... Superman got b*tchslapped. Nyahahahahahaha!

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean like how Superman would to the Sentry were they ever to get into a no hold's bar, blood-lusted fight with everything they had? :P

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad said:

You mean like how Superman would to the Sentry were they ever to get into a no hold's bar, blood-lusted fight with everything they had? :P

Hell no! The person who slapped Supes was a bitter lady. And what that bitter lady is to Supes is not exactly what Supes is to Sentry...

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Hell no! The person who slapped Supes was a bitter lady. And what that bitter lady is to Supes is not exactly what Supes is to Sentry...

I know. In a blood-lusted battle, Supes is the FOLLOWING to the Sentry:

No Caption Provided

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: I hate the Tarot card concept honestly. It seems so silly to me. I think Tarots are nonsense in real life too.

The big three were all pretty much meathead versions of themselves imo, it makes sense, I guess, as eachothers emotions were bleeding through but still.

I didnt care about/ dont even remember all the side characters who were made central to this plot.

And I honestly dont see any of those events as memorable really, seeing as I only hazily remember them now. I do have a clear picture of the god versions of the characters, but thats it.

I do realize this is purely an opinion, and im not trying to say that it was objectively fatally flawed.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: I

hate the Tarot card concept honestly. It seems so silly to me. I think Tarots are nonsense in real life too.

The big three were all pretty much meathead versions of themselves imo, it makes sense, I guess, as eachothers emotions were bleeding through but still.

I didnt care about/ dont even remember all the side characters who were made central to this plot.

And I honestly dont see any of those events as memorable really, seeing as I only hazily remember them now. I do have a clear picture of the god versions of the characters, but thats it.

I do realize this is purely an opinion, and im not trying to say that it was objectively fatally flawed.

Wow. For a Superman fan, you're close minded about concepts. IRONY.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.