Superman comics discussion thread

• 143 results
#101 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

In their weekly e-mailer, DC Comics has announced a new creative team for Superman: World of New Krypton. The announcement reads:

JAMES ROBINSON AND GREG RUCKA TO WRITE SUPERMAN: WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON #1

SUPERMAN: WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON #1 (JAN090192; variant edition JAN090193), the first issue of the 12-issue miniseries, will be written by the James Robinson and Greg Rucka, the title’s regular writing team

In this issue, following the events of the “New Krypton” crossover, the Man of Steel has had to embrace his past to ensure humanity's future. And while a devastating armed conflict with Earth may have been averted, keeping the peace will be Superman's greatest challenge yet.

Because of this change, SUPERMAN: WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON #1 will be made returnable at a later date.

SUPERMAN: WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON #1 is solicited in the January Previews and is scheduled to arrive in stores on March 11.

#102 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

DC kicked off its programming at the New York Comic Con with Superman: Building a Better World panel. Panelists for the discussion of all things Kryptonian included Greg Rucka (Action Comics), Geoff Johns (Action Comics, Superman: Secret Origin), Superman group Editor Matt Idelson, DC Senior Story Editor Ian Sattler, Supergirl artist Jamal Igle, Supergirl writer Sterling Gates and Superman writer James Robinson.

And for celebrity watchers, Anthrax’s Scott Ian was seen in the audience (and huddling prior to the panel with Sattler).

After a brief delay due to sound issues, Sattler kicked off the panel, handling the introductions of the panelists, and then kicking off a selection of slides highlighting the Superman titles coming up.

The slides began with Superman: World of New Krypton #1, with Rucka noting that the cover to #4 is “better because it has a Green Lantern on it.”

“Superman moves - kinda - to New Krypton,” Rucka said when asked to described the book. “There are Kryptonians there, some of who he doesn’t get along with. One of them is named Non and one is named Zod.”

Rucka continued, saying that he and Robinson have spent the better part of the week breaking down the series, saying that the story takes Superman on an extraordinary character journey in a way and a place that’s been a long time coming.

Robinson added that, within the main Superman titles, Superman will be off planet for a year, but World of New Krypton is the driving book of the Superman titles in many ways. Events in New Krypton will affect not only Supergirl, but also Nightwing and Flamebird in Metropolis (in Action Comics) and other books, Robinson said.

Moving to a slide of an upcoming issue of Superman showing The Guardian, Robinson said that while Superman is off planet, it will take more than one hero to protect Metropolis, and listed Mon-el, Steel, Zatara, and Black Lightning as some of the other protectors that readers will see. Describing Mon-el as a “goofy good guy,” Robinson said that his arc will be somewhat tragic as his clock ticks down on his time on earth; while the Guardian’s overarching arc will be about him trying to find his humanity.

Moving on to an upcoming cover of Action Comics showing a woman with glowing red eyes, Rucka said simply, “That’s Ursa – she’s not right in the head. She has issues. And She explores these issues through violence. A lot of violence. “

“Can she fight Black Adam?” Johns asked.

“I hadn’t thought of that,” Rucka answered back. “I like that idea. We’ll get there in the end.”
Continuing to talk about the heroes taking Superman’s place in Action Comics, Rucka assured readers that Flamebird and Nightwing are very cool in the series, and suggested readers who may be planning on not picking the series up due to the lack of Superman “ust read a little bit” before making their final decision.

Sattler then asked members of the audience to raise their hands if they were nervous about the coming changes to Action and Superman, and the lack of the main character.

Among the few hands that were raised, one fan said that he was nervous about the coming storyline because the idea had been explored before, and that, if he wanted to read about other characters, he wouldn’t buy Action or Superman, he’d buy another book.

Acknowledging the fan’s concerns, Rucka said that while the coming story may mine elements of, and stories that were told before with Superman, it does it in a new way, allowing the character to reach a new place in a satisfying way.

Continuing to talk about what will be happening in the Superman books without Superman, Rucka said that Lois will be appearing in a crucial role in Action, while Robinson’s handling of Jimmy in Superman will be very important as well. Reminded by Johns, Robinson added that threads that he began back with the Atlas story, and going back to the General Zod story will start to come together.

Speaking to the large-scale nature of the Superman story, Rucka said, “I was made aware of the Superman story over two years ago, and this is the midway point.” Robinson added that he and Johns agree that Rucka has created as book that neither of them could write in Action.

Moving on to Supergirl, Gates said that the “Who is Superwoman” arc will end with #41, and then the series will move on to tell more stories with Supergirl’s mother, and explore more of New Krypton. Gates added that Supergirl’s “Linda Lang” secret identity will continue in the series as well.

Upcoming Action artist Eddy Barrows arrived late to the panel, those his arrival brought accolades from Rucka, who said that “You guys ain’t seen nothing yet” when it comes to his art.

Next up was a slide of Adventure Comics, which Johns said that he will be launching in June with Francis Manapul. The cover, Johns noted, shows two shadows “One’s good and one’s bad,” Johns said. The cover also shows Starman, and Johns said that this is the series that spins out of Legion of 3 Worlds. Robinson pointed out that the cover is fully representative of the interior artwork.

Following the slides, Johns said that Superman: Secret Origin is due out in summer, and will focus on the stories of Superboy, Bizarro, Clark Kent, Lex Luthor, the Parasite and the Legion, among others.

The slides over, the panel moved on to the Q&A.

Asked if readers will need to get World of New Krypton to understand the throughline of the Superman titles, Johns said that you can still just buy what you like, and hopefully you’ll try the books and find that they’re all worth buying, but the flavor of the characters will remain consistent throughout the titles. “If you read them all you get the full picture, but any one of them is a nice look out the window,” Rucka added.

Speaking about their working style on New Krypton, Rucka said that Robinson was the one that came up with the terra-forming of the new world – something which was a slip and not meant to be said at the panel, but indicating that the whole of New Krypton will be inhabited by Kryptonians.

Asked about his larger story concerning Krypto that he began with his run on Superman, Robinson said that the goal of the arc is headed towards him being the “best boy, ever.”

Asked about the tease of the idea of a sibling to Lex Luthor, Johns said to continue reading Legion of 3 Worlds.

Asked if readers will see Supergirl interacting with heroes of her own age, Gates and Igle said that there will be more coming up, but she has a lot of things going on. The same audience member then thanked them for hints about Conner Kent returning (as seen in this week’s Adventure Comics #0), and said that he hoped to return next year to thank them for a full return of the character.

Johns: “If you like Black Lanterns, you’ll be happy.”

Asked if the Newsboy Legion will return, Robinson said that readers of Superman will see them again, and their story will tie in with the Guardian’s clone “daughter.”

Will we see Chris Kent back anytime soon? Johns: “I hope so.”

Asked if there are plans for older Kryptonian characters such as – Tor-am, Dev-Em, Jax-ur, and Ak-var– Rucka, who completed the list of Kryptonians with Johns said, “Oh yeah. You notice how we have those names on the tips of our tongues?” Rucka asked. “Like we might be talking about them a lot?”

Are people wondering where Clark Kent is while Superman is on New Krypton? Robinson: “There will be a logical explanation – it will be explained.”

“He and Bruce Wayne are in Hawaii,” Johns quipped.

Asked again about Chris Kent, John s said that the hunt by Zod for Chris will be seen in New Krypton.

Will there be changes in Superman’s supporting cast as well? Asked a fan. The writers said that the Daily Planet staffers will continue to appear in the books, and play important roles. Rucka said that he had already claimed Lois for Action Comics, Gates said he claimed Cat Grant for Supergirl, “And I love Jimmy Olsen,” Robinson said.

“I claim Steve Lombard then,” Johns said.

Idelson: “Then who has RonTroupe?”

Johns: “I have him too.”

Igle: “Aw, can’t you give Ron to the only brother on the panel?!?”

There are more plans for other specials down the road a la Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen by Robinson.

When find out the mystery of Sam Lane? “It’s going to happen this year,” Rucka said.

“It will most likely be a Wednesday,” Sattler added.

Adventure Comics will be set in both present day and the Legion’s time, according to Johns. “And maybe a third time,” the writer added.

Asked about the line in Last Son – Zod mentioning that there is something worse than him in the Phantom Zone., the writers said that the topic was something they had just discussed the previous night at dinner. “We can’t tell you,” Rucka said to persistent questioning, saying that, “it’s something that Zod is nervous about. Until he had his keister handed to him by Superman in Last Son, he’d only had one other defeat in his life, and that was to Brainiac, but he’s not afraid of Brainiac. He’s afraid of this thing.”

Rucka said that there will be a period of culture shock in New Krypton as Superman learns the way of Krypton from real, living Kryptonians. Robinson pointed out that for Superman, his experience with Krypton has been one akin to seeing the tour guides of the planet and its culture – depictions of Krypton’s finest and highest achievements. The reality, Robinson said, is different than what he knew.

There will be other animals on New Krypton, Johns said in response to a question, adding that Dan DiDio’s personal request was a thought beast.

Asked about the triangle numbering, Idelson said that the numbers will remain, but will be reset at some point, as to not make them too intimidating, but that hasn’t been determined yet.

Asked if Superman will have to make a choice between New Krypton and earth, Rucka said that he feels that’s kind of a false question for Superman. “If there’s a third way, Superman will find it. I think it will be an interesting question for Supergirl, though,” Rucka said with Gates agreeing.

Asked why the writers wanted to bring Zod, Ursa and Non back, Johns said that the characters are more popular than Brainiac with fans, and known by a much larger audience, so the question then becomes, why not use them?

Likewise, when asked about using the crystalline structure for both Kryptonians architecture and the Fortress of Solitude, Igle said, “The crystal stuff is timeless, that’s why that approach works so well.”

Asked about the format of Adventure Comics, Johns said that there will be a lead in the series, but many characters will appear in the series as well.

#103 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so happy about this. They seem to be working well on this. I love FC: Legion of 3 Worlds as well. The ending of #3 was for me excellent! I knew that Rucka was coming back to Action and I can't wait to see his new stuff!

#104 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio
Superman: World of New Krypton #3 (of 12)

Written by James Robinson and Greg Rucka; Art by Pete Woods; Cover by Gary Frank; Variant Cover by Eric Canete

With Superman now drafted into New Krypton's Military Guild, it seems that General Zod finally has the Man of Steel under his control. But when given a command to commit an act of brutality against his fellow Kryptonians, Superman must choose between following orders and following his conscience – at the risk of being branded a traitor by his own people!
  • Superman
  • 32pg.
  • Color
  • $2.99 US

On Sale May 6, 2009

Action Comics #877

Written by Greg Rucka; Art by Eddy Barrows and Ruy José; Cover by Andrew Robinson

Nightwing and Flamebird have beaten back Ursa's first assault. But Round Two is about to begin! Forget brutal – now it gets personal.
  • Superman
  • 32pg.
  • Color
  • $2.99 US

On Sale May 13, 2009

Superman #688

Written by James Robinson; Art by Renato Guedes & José Wilson Magalhães; Cover by Andrew Robinson

Mon-El's role as Superman's stand-in for Metropolis is threatened by a sudden and mysterious power loss. How can he be the hero he needs to be without any special abilities? Meanwhile the Guardian and his Science Police go to the rescue of a missing member of the Legion of Superheroes. And who is the spy within the Science Police ranks?
  • Superman
  • 32pg.
  • Color
  • $2.99 US

On Sale May 27, 2009

Supergirl #41

Written by Sterling Gates; Art by Talent Caldwell; Cover by Joshua Middleton

The dramatic conclusion to "Who Is Superwoman?" Superwoman's identity stands revealed, leading to a knock-down-drag-out fight the likes of which Metropolis will be talking about for years to come! Supergirl will wish she'd never found out who was under the hood as Superwoman and Reactron join forces against the Girl of Steel. How can Supergirl possibly survive?
  • Superman
  • 32pg.
  • Color
  • $2.99 US

On Sale May 20, 2009

Power girl #1

Written by Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray; Art by Amanda Conner; Covers by Adam Hughes and Amanda Conner

In her own ongoing series at last! Straight from the pages of JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA, Power Girl starts life anew by building herself a secret identity. But a major villain from her past has other plans in store for the Super Hero, and to get his way, he's holding Manhattan hostage!

From the fan-favorite writing team of Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray (JONAH HEX, TERRA) and featuring the vivacious art of Amanda Conner (JSA CLASSIFIED, TERRA) comes this rip-roaring new series!
  • DC Universe
  • 32pg.
  • Color
  • $2.99 US

On Sale May 6, 2009

#105 Posted by King Saturn (222806 posts) - - Show Bio
Oooh Power Girl

lol
#106 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

At the DC’s Superman Panel at New York Comic Con, the writers of the coming 12-part Superman: World of New Krypton, Greg Rucka and James Robinson, gave some tantalizing hints about the story that will pull Superman from earth to New Krypton, but left many points such as the whys and wherefores of his move a little cloudy.

The new planet, for those who may have missed the “New Krypton” storyline which ran through DC’s Superman titles, was created using Brainiac technology, and is the home of the now enlarged Kandor, a city that was stolen from Krypton by Brainiac years before Superman was rocketed to earth as an infant. The city is the home to roughly 100,000 Kryptonians, many of whom demonstrated a clear distrust (with good reason) of earth and its inhabitants, and New Krypton now orbits our sun, albeit on the opposite side of it than the earth.

Initially, the series was to be written by Andrew (Green Arrow/Black canary) Kreisberg, but when he had to withdraw from the gig due to scheduling conflicts, Rucka and Robinson stepped in.

We spoke with the writers for more on the coming series.

Newsarama: First off, how did you two end up as the writing team on World of New Krypton? Andrew was announced as the original writer, but that changed in the solicitations, and then with an update from DC which named the two of you as the writing team from #1 on. What happened?

Greg Rucka: Andrew had to drop out due to time constraints, and James and I were in on that call, and said, “We’ll do it.”

World of New Krypton #1, page 2-3

James Robinson: And it was a case where I think both of us realized that we couldn’t take on another book by ourselves, but between us, we could. And besides, a scramble to bring someone in at the last minute just would have been a disaster, and we were already familiar with what’s going on in the larger picture, and what this book is supposed to be about.

NRAMA: You’d said before that there’s a synergy between all the writers handling the Superman books [Rucka is writing Action Comics, Robinson is writing Superman], and, even before Andrew left, you knew what was going to be going on with New Krypton...

JR: Yes- it’s a very tight-knit group. We try to have a conference call every week just to make sure we’re all on the same path.

GR: Yeah, the communication is really good. I’m late to this party – James and Geoff [Johns] have been working on this for quite a while, so for World of New Krypton, it was very much something that I could do with James, rather than something I could go off and do on my own. And I honestly think, his workload notwithstanding, James doesn’t need me there, because he has a very clear understanding of what’s going on and what needs to happen in this series.

Superman: World of New Krypton #2

JR: Well, thanks for that. At one point, just because we didn’t know who would be taking over, I put forward that I could do the Action book. Had I done that, it wouldn’t have been as good as what Greg is doing – it would have been a whole different thing. Greg has brought a singular creative dynamic to the book and it’s exciting to see what he’s doing. But I think the different creative energies that we have is giving World of New Krypton a unique voice.

GR: Yeah – I think we really compliment each other. We really play to each other’s strengths. James never forgets grandeur, and I always forget grandeur [laughs]. I tend to be on the street.

JR: And we’re starting to find that there are different characters and aspects of the book that we enjoy more than others. Greg’s really into Zod, and I’m more into Krypton itself.

GR: And we’ve got a character that’s going to be introduced named Tyt-Van. That was an idea that when James put him on the page, you could tell that he had been toying with him for a while, and he’s going to be really cool.

NRAMA: We’ve seen a little bit of where Superman’s mind is at the end of “New Krypton,” where he reaffirms his pledge to Pa to help as many people as he can, but what’s the real kick to get him to decide to split his time between two worlds?

JR: Well, we don’t want to give stuff away, but there are, what we believe, compelling reasons why he’s forced to become a Kryptonian – there are reasons for that that make sense.

GR: Well, to be fair, there are 100,000 compelling reasons why he feels the need to move. I can name one that’s chief among them – Zod. But now, there are 99,999 who can do pretty much what Zod can do, which is what Superman can do.

NRAMA: Are you saying that New Krypton is a planet of 100,000 Zods?

Superman: World of New Krypton #1

GR: See, this is something that’s always bugs me – people say about Superman that anyone who had those powers isn’t going to be that good. Maybe that’s true if you want to try and be realistic about your comics where a guy from Krypton can fly, but there is legitimacy in saying that Superman is a product of his environment, and his environment was Ma and Pa and Smallville. To expect that everyone who was in Kandor, which is amalgamated with Argo, which all just came back...these people don’t just have post Traumatic Stress Disorder from Brainiac, they’ve also got survivor’s guilt like nobody’s business. They’re all that’s left of their culture and their way of life. It’s gone. They survived being horribly uprooted, mutilated, and laboratory animal-ed, and you know what? I think it’s perfectly within the realm of believability for Superman to look at that and say, “You know what? This could go really, really badly. Maybe I should keep a close eye on it.”

NRAMA: When Superman does get to New Krypton – Superman knows that Zod is out and free on the planet. What’s their first meeting like? Instant fisticuffs, or is Superman more attuned at that point to what Greg just said, that he has great concern and compassion for the Kryptonians?

JR: Well, there’s more to it. Through one reason or another, Zod is able to exist in Krypton, much to Kal’s chagrin...

GR: And he’s not a criminal to them – he’s the man who did everything he could to save them, but couldn’t.

NRAMA: He was their General MacArthur in a way...

GR: Right. It killed him - killed him to not be able to save them. So you’ve got Kal telling Alura, “Council – killed council!” And Alura answering back, “No, no – troops, leader – desperately trying to save us.”

JR: He’s their hero.

GR: And Alura also can counter anything Kal can say with, “Excuse me, but my husband just died. Those people scare me more than you who’ve never been to this planet can tell me about this man that you’ve never really met and only know from one side of the story.” She knew Zod, she trusts Zod. And there will be some trouble because of that.

#107 Posted by santeria_smith (304 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"zee crusher said:
"Superman isn't the considered the first super hero. He was considered the first super hero with powers. Pop eye the salor man was first in news paper columns. As for superman. I use to watch him as a kid. read his stuff as a kid."

It's debatable, Superman wasn't the first guy to have powers, a super identity or something like that, but he was the first one to have this four things:

• Secret Identity

• Costume

• Fights crime

Super Powers

• "
    No. The Ghost Who Walks, was made in 1936. Fought crime, wore the familiar tights costume, secret identity. Phantom doesn't get much respect nowadays. But yes Superman was perhaps the first to have super powers though.
    #108 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

trailer of Superman new krypton

http://www.newsarama.com/common/media/video/player.php?aid=26335

#109 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

Sattler kicked off the panel with a second showing of the Superman: World of Krypton trailer, and then turned the panel over to Robinson to talk about what’s going on in the Superman titles. Robinson gave a quick recap of the “New Krypton” storyline, including the fact that Superman has gone to live among the Kryptonians, which is being shown in Superman: New Krypton, which he writes with Greg Rucka.

The first issue of the series hits on Wednesday (look for a preview of the first issue on Monday, right here on Newsarama), and Robinson explained how World of Krypton will explore the new planet. The writer continued to outline the rest of the Superman line, and singing the praises of Rucka, both as his co-writer on New Krypton and Action.

Speaking of Superman, Robison reiterated that many heroes will play a role in that series: Mon-el, the Guardian and the Science Police, Steel, Black Lightning, and Zatara, who Robinson described lovingly as “a little s**t.”

“One of the things that Dan asked me to do,” Robinson said, “was to give Metropolis a personality along the lines of how I gave Opal City a personality and a feeling of being a real place in Starman.”

Speaking of Supergirl, Robinson said that both the comic and the character will play a very large role in the coming storyline, and writer Sterling Gates will play with the original aspects of Supergirl, that is, keeping her presence on Earth a secret, as all Kryptonians (expect Superman) have been outlawed.

Robinson then spoke of the coming Superman: Secret Origin by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank, adding that the story won’t be a rehashing of stories that are already known, but rather fresh takes on the elements that allowed Clark Kent to become Superman.

The writer again said that the books are building to a “gigantic event” in 2010 that has been in the planning for over a year, “and I know you won’t be disappointed in the adventures to come.”

Robinson also said, in response to Black Lightning in Outsiders, that the character won’t be used as heavily as Robinson originally may have said.

Finishing out a round of questions directed at him, Robinson said that as Superman rolls on, John Henry Irons will be shown fitting into a role as the “anti-Luthor” of Metropolis rather than Steel, but will return to the armor, somewhat reluctantly. Steel’s niece, Natasha will play a role in Robinson’s story with Steel as well.

Asked about Legion of Super-Heroes, Robison said that there will be Legion material coming up in Superman. And ongoing Legion presence will be seen in 2010, Robinson said.
    #110 Posted by Fresh Prince (4939 posts) - - Show Bio
    How's the New Krypton series going? I'm thinking about picking it up but I wanna know if it's any good first.
    #111 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

it comes next week so can't say

#112 Posted by Fresh Prince (4939 posts) - - Show Bio
    I meant to say how was the special before it?
    #113 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

oh you mean the crossover? quite nice actually

#114 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading the O&O for Superman I was very happy to see Mon-El represent England. :D We need more (as Martha Kent would put it) distinguished voices. But I doubt you'd get them from London like. Cockneys.

Scousers rule! (A person with a Liverpudlian accent)

#115 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that read Rucka's first issue?

Would have never guessed who Nightwing is

#116 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

World of New Krypton?

Yeah I red it. twas good. But Robinson also took part. :P

Didn't like the uniform on Kal.

#117 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio
    Supreme Marvel said:
    "World of New Krypton?

Yeah I red it. twas good. But Robinson also took part. :P

Didn't like the uniform on Kal.
    "
    nope, action comics
    #118 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it was good. Nightwing better not be dead already.

#119 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

nah he is staying for the 12 issue run of Rucka

I loved a recent interview of Rucka by CBR

"Dan came to me and asked me Action Comics? To which I obviously replied: Replace Geoff in Action? Are you high?!"

"Then Dan came told me that I wasn't even gonna write Superman. To which I replied: Write Action Comics without Superman? Are you high?!

#120 Posted by BurningDoom (38 posts) - - Show Bio

So what does everyone think about what's going on right now in the Superman books? Do you like the New Krypton idea? Are you excited about the upcoming Secret Origin arc Geoff Johns announced?

I'm liking the New Krypton storyline. The only problem I'm having is that I'm dropping the 2 main Superman titles for now because Superman isn't in them! I'm only getting Supergirl and Superman: World of New Krypton. But both have been enjoyable so far.

I'm not sure I see the need for yet another origin story for Superman, but I'm willing to try it

-Nate-

#121 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

everything related to superman; past, present and future since Johns came to action comics is building to a big Superman event in 2010 so Superman and Action Comics are must read

Rucka's first action comics was quite good

#122 Posted by DEGRAAF (7811 posts) - - Show Bio
    Nighthunter said:
    "everything related to superman; past, present and future since Johns came to action comics is building to a big Superman event in 2010 so Superman and Action Comics are must read

Rucka's first action comics was quite good
    "

really where did you hear that from?

im dropping all superman comics except for new Krypton since thats the only one that actually has him in it now
    #123 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

The writers (Johns, Robinson, Rucka and Gates) have said it on every convention

#124 Posted by DEGRAAF (7811 posts) - - Show Bio

yea i dont pay close attention to those

#125 Posted by AtPhantom (14465 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff, you're a talented writer. You know how to tell a good story, you know how to keep people on the edge, could you please, PLEASE NOT BRING ANY NEW SILVER AGE BULLSH!T INTO SUPERMAN????

God, what is it with these people. I don't want a million kryptonians running around, I don't want Lex and Clark as childhood friends, I don't want superboy Clark, it's cheesy, it's stupid and Superman worked fine without it for 20 years. WHY BRING IT BACK???

#126 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

umm there weren't more kryptonians in the silver age

#127 Posted by King Saturn (222806 posts) - - Show Bio
    Action Comics are the shiznit...
    #128 Posted by AtPhantom (14465 posts) - - Show Bio
    Nighthunter said:
    "umm there weren't more kryptonians in the silver age
    "
    There was the whole freaking population of Kandor.
    #129 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio
    AtPhantom said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "
    "
    but they were in a bottle
    #130 Posted by AtPhantom (14465 posts) - - Show Bio
    Chaos Agent said:
    "AtPhantom said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "
    "
    but they were in a bottle
    "
    That doesn't mean they couldn't get out of the bottle...
    #131 Edited by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

All hail Commander Kal-El!

#132 Posted by CaptHowdy (193 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna be real interesting.  I am a Legion of Super-Heroes fan so am quite excited about MON-EL in the Supes book.  I don't really know about the new cast of Action comics though... but I will give it a try.  The New Krypton Superman title and the Supergirl title seem ties in really well though.  This really is the best the Supers have been in quite a while.

#133 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the new story around Krypton's new dynamic duo

Looking forward to Robinson's Superman story with the new heroes of metropolis

Are you ready for a world without Superman?

#134 Posted by DEGRAAF (7811 posts) - - Show Bio
    Nighthunter said:
    "

"
    where did you get this pic?

Nighthunter said:
    "I liked the new story around Krypton's new dynamic duo

"

idk why but im picking up this vibe like mon-el is turning evil
    #135 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio
    DEGRAAF said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "

"

Nighthunter said:

"

"
    first: DCcomics.com

second: nah, he is just (Spoilers alert) dying :P (he really is)
    #136 Posted by DEGRAAF (7811 posts) - - Show Bio
    Nighthunter said:
    "DEGRAAF said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "

"

Nighthunter said:

"

"
    first: DCcomics.com

second: nah, he is just (Spoilers alert) dying :P (he really is)
    "

no they healed him
    #137 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

from his poisoning yes, he seems to be dying of another thing according to solicits, doesn't say what though

#138 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how they'll take to him.

This is the same Mon-El of the LoSH? The one who has a costume similar to Kyle's ION, but with red colours as well?

#139 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

yup the same of Legion

Poor Mon-el, being the replacement of Superman should be no easy task, espacially how Earth just had problems with the kryptonians

#140 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I think everyone will like him...specially with his "English" accent. All depends on what type of accent it is. Marta said it was a distinguished accent. So he'd probably be from Coventry are something around the Midlands.

As for his alter ego. They might not be so welcoming.

#141 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

So, finally know where Christopher Kent is now. :)

#142 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

Newsarama posted a preview of the solicits of july based in the superman comics

ACTION COMICS #879
    Written by Greg Rucka; co-feature written by James Robinson & Rucka
    Art by Fernando Dagnino & Raúl Fernandez; co-feature art by Cafu
    Cover by Andrew Robinson
        So far, Nightwing and Flamebird’s mission of apprehending Zod’s sleeper agents has gone fairly smoothly. But then they met Az-Rel and Nadira Va-Dim. Now the “Bonnie and Clyde of Krypton” have turned the tables on Earth’s newest protectors. The race to prevent war with New Krypton may be over before it’s even begun! And it’s all in preparation for next month’s crossover event in the SUPERMAN books!
        Plus: The debut of the Captain Atom co-feature written by Greg Rucka (DETECTIVE COMICS) and James Robinson (STARMAN), the writers of SUPERMAN: WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON! Where has Captain Atom been all this time? And is he back on the side of good – or still on the side of evil? Find out here in an adventure featuring art by Cafu (VIXEN: RETURN OF THE LION).
    On sale July 15 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

SUPERMAN #690
    Written by James Robinson
    Art by Renato Guedes & José Wilson Magalhães
    Cover by Andrew Robinson
        As media mogul Morgan Edge fans the flames of Earth’s distrust of all things alien, Mon-El wrestles with his looming demise and what to do with his remaining life. At the same time, forces from the future must prevent Mon-El from meeting Sodam Yat – the Green Lantern from Daxam known as Ion – for the sake of tomorrow. And General Lane rolls out his plan to ensnare our hero by lining up a vicious crew of villains – but to do this, Steel must fall. It’s a wild ride setting up next month’s crossover event in the SUPERMAN books!
    On sale July 29 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

SUPERGIRL #43
    Written by Sterling Gates
    Art by Jamal Igle & Jon Sibal
    Cover by Joshua Middleton
        Things are going well for Supergirl – she’s back on New Krypton, and she’s even managing to patch things up with her mother, Alura. But when she goes to visit her older cousin, Superman warns her that not all is as it seems in the House of El...
        Setting the stage for next month’s crossover event in the SUPERMAN books!
    On sale July 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

SUPERMAN/BATMAN #62
    Written by Michael Green & Mike Johnson
    Art and cover by Rafael Albuquerque
        When the inmates take over Arkham Asylum, it's a job for the World's Finest duo – Robin and Supergirl! Rafael Albuquerque (BLUE BEETLE) joins the series as regular artist for a story we could only call "Sidekicked!"
    On sale July 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

SUPERMAN: WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON #5
    Written by James Robinson & Greg Rucka
    Art by Pete Woods
    Cover by Gary Frank
    Variant cover by Tan Eng Huat
        Superman is on trial for his life. The crime: Treason! The punishment: Death! But is this a challenge Kal-El can even hope to triumph over when the man pulling all the strings is General Zod? A tale of heroism, evil and base betrayal – on the strange world of New Krypton.
        And all of this helps set the stage for next month’s crossover event in the SUPERMAN books!
        Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 25 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Gary
    Frank), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Tan Eng Huat). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
    On sale July 8 • 5 of 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Where the hell are Adventure Comics (I thought it counted as one) and Superman: Secret Origin?
    #143 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
    Nighthunter said:
    "

SUPERMAN/BATMAN #62
    Written by Michael Green & Mike Johnson
    Art and cover by Rafael Albuquerque
        When the inmates take over Arkham Asylum, it's a job for the World's Finest duo – Robin and Supergirl! Rafael Albuquerque (BLUE BEETLE) joins the series as regular artist for a story we could only call "Sidekicked!"
    On sale July 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

That looks great. I'm a big fan of Tim, as you know. And I think that might make Cass jealous. ;) Me happy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.