Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18941 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman Books - Need a bit of help

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CTG

Hey guys. I'm mainly a Marvel guy, but have been wanting to check out some of the DC titles. Superman is easily the most interesting to me right now, but I don't know what the difference is between Action Comics, Superman, etc.

Could someone clarify the differences story wise? Which is the main Superman book, etc? Thanks.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

@CTG: Action Comics is placed five years before superman

Grant Morrison delivered the origin and the first adventures of superman in his action comics run (ending with issue 18)

The Superman title was a complete mess until issue 12

I suggest you get the first volume of action comics which is great and wait for issue 19 of action comics when the new creative team takes over

here is a preview of issue 19 http://www.comicvine.com/news/first-look-action-comics-19/146173/

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CTG

@Squalleon: Thanks!

Is there anymore information about Superman Unchained? I just know Jim Lee is drawing it, which is almost all I need to know to jump onboard.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Squalleon

@CTG said:

@Squalleon: Thanks!

Is there anymore information about Superman Unchained? I just know Jim Lee is drawing it, which is almost all I need to know to jump onboard.

Scott Snyder is writing the story

Dustin Nguyen does the art in the back ups

It is releashed in june.....i think thats all :-)

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CTG

@Squalleon: Gracias.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.