Superman: birthright

#1 Posted by HolySerpent (12734 posts) - - Show Bio

Should I get this series. Is it any good.? Is there action in the series or is more of telling superman history.

#2 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

To me, it's the best Superman origin story of the three I know of. There is plenty action.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Get it. Get it now.

#4 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a masterpiece, you should definitely buy it. 

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17856 posts) - - Show Bio

It's by far the best origin story for Superman. It should NOT be missed out on.

#6 Posted by HolySerpent (12734 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm sold...thanx

#7 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

It's really good.

#8 Posted by Izaiah (5238 posts) - - Show Bio

It's brilliant.

#9 Posted by blur99 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't like it. It seemed like it was a Superman movie. Which is good if it were that. However as a comic it was not a joy for me.

#10 Posted by DEGRAAF (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

i loved it

#11 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26221 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Get it. Get it now.

@Supreme Marvel said:

To me, it's the best Superman origin story of the three I know of. There is plenty action.

@Deranged Midget said:

It's by far the best origin story for Superman. It should NOT be missed out on.

@rogue_mar1e said:

It's really good.

@Izaiah said:

It's brilliant.

@DEGRAAF said:

i loved it

This^^

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn I loved this book... Can we just discuss the greatness of it here? lol

#13 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the best Superman origin story, I have said it sooooo many time... I will never understand why DC felt the need to replace it with that silver age crap in Secret Origins.

#14 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I.... hated it.

Secret Origins, Man of Steel, Earth 2, even the current action comics by Grant is better than Birthrights.

#15 Posted by Icon (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

Birthright is a gem. It fixed many of the problems of Byrne's Man of Steel and integrated a lot of different influences (silver age Superman, Smallville, etc) into a great origin story.

#16 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12275 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely loved it. The ending itself made me tear.

#17 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

The only sad thing was it didn't last long in the continuity. :( But still, amazing read. Actually I think this was one of the first Superman stories I read.

#18 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Just realised. My top three writer have or are doing a Superman origin story. :D Johns, Morrison and Waid.

#19 Posted by Pokeysteve (8558 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my favorites.

#20 Posted by cracker_jack (220 posts) - - Show Bio

It's fantastic.

#21 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally never liked the idea of having Lex grow up with Clark, but it was played off very well in this story, and it was really my only gripe about it. Get the series now. You won't be disappointed.

#22 Posted by conorbas440044 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

it opend my eyes to mark waid hes a pretty complex writer and you can tell he relly loves the charecters he writes for. there are some really good new ideas in the book, but it might offend a superman purest but if your open minded to new charter relationships its pretty damb good 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.