Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman Beyond

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I saw the series recently and was wondering if anyone had any views or opinions on them. The idea seems like it would have potential but we all know there is a difference between plans on paper and execution.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

It was very forgettable.

Like most DC digital first titles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It was pretty good for else worlds story. I was pretty sad when it finished but not as much as when Smallville ended.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It had some good points. But unfortunately the bad one's were more than the good.

Superman wasn't just older but weaker. Or at least he kept saying it in one way or another, over and over again.

The fact he felt so lost and out of place, just because Lois was no more, also didn't helped. It brought the cry baby Superman that becomes a whiner everytime Lois is dead.

Even his suit... I never understood the suit. Is that supposed to be an S on his chest?? Whenever I look at it seems I'm taking Rorschach test.

The Eradicator protocol suit was by far way better.

Honestly after seeing Kingdom Come and seeing that Superman surpassed Lois death and that of his adopted parents, moved on and continued to almost one thousand years into the future. And then looking at Superman beyond I espected the "beyond" part to have actual meaning.

Superman being more powerful, more wise, more in control, green K weakness was a thing of the past... You know... the Beyond part.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Never knew it existed

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness:

Don't let it bother you. You didn't missed anything crucial.

In fact you were spared a lot of leading to nowhere.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon : That does not sound like what I want. I would think Superman would continue to grow in power the older he got, and considering how many old character in comics are still above peek human that is very disappointing.

And a Clark that cannot get over Lois's and his friends deaths is not very interesting. I would prefer an isolated loner Superman who has lost connection to humanity but still is a hero to one who never gets over it.

Thank you all for your info, helped make the decision a whole lot easier.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Beyond universe is design for batman. It's noir, bleak , depressing and oxygen is replace with despair. Superman has no business be written in that universe.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent_ I think that just covers Batman's side of the world. As there is a Justice League Beyond and Superman Beyond both of their worlds look quite bright and futuristic.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker:

Yes in Justice League Beyond we did get a more proactive Superman, and one that believe it or not, had moved on from Lois and was even said he was in a relationship with another woman. But I didn't followed up on every issue so I can't tell you who that woman was, or if she even appears in the comic.

That's why Superman Beyond was even worst. Because it showed a Superman that had basically given up on life, and was lost in his path. While in JLB he was exactly the opposite.

It seems that Supes without a woman by his side, loses the Super.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: JLB Superman sounds better then. And the idea of dating someone else at least shows he is not resigned to being alone for the rest of his (estimated) long life.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.