Superman/Batman Movie, Why it's going to suck.

• 98 results
#1 Edited by Techwarrior (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello everyone,

We've all heard the news, and it's bitter sweet. I'd love another Superman movie, but Batman in the sequel.. just what? I can't believe this, and to me the biggest is the quote that Frank Miller said, he quoted what Batman quoted when he "beat" Superman in the Dark Knight Returns.. Oh my god..What? Just what? You bring new respect to Superman, and you announce it with a Batman quote, oh my god. I just can't believe this, and sadly not many people will accept, that Superman is better than Batman. Really? I just can't. They leave Superman at an emotional crossroad at the end of Man of Steel, and Batman and Superman movie comes out.. We all know that the Batman is going to steal all the credit.. cause he's more popular.. but this isn't the time especially casting a new Batman.. The worst part is.. I bet they're going to make Superman loose to Batman gawwwd. Well there you go guys lol.

#2 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

We all (most Superman fans) feel the same, man...

*hides before people attack*

#3 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2273 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully they end the movie where Bats and Supes stand on equal footing.

#4 Edited by Superboy101 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it's a nail biter for sure.

#5 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (897 posts) - - Show Bio

A Superman sequel having Lex Luthor as the main villain while working with the U.S. government trying to create a weapon based on alien technology left by Zod so they can take down Superman out of fear, but the weapon turns on them which becomes Brainiac so Superman has to save the day once again from alien threats to mankind. That would've been a great story line for the sequel. I can see if they're having Batman as a side character to help Superman in the events of the movie like with Black Widow did in Iron Man 2, but if they trying to have Batman fight Superman in a 'The Dark Knight Returns" fashion they better come up with a way for him to do so since theirs no Kryptonite involved.

#6 Posted by The Stegman (26005 posts) - - Show Bio

The title of this thread pretty much sums up the ignorance of the internet

"Hey, this news only came out a week ago, and all we have is a vague title and a vague idea"

"Let's judge it anyway and automatically say it's gonna suck based on our vague opinion on the vague idea"

"YAY!"

#7 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

You convinced me when you said "Frank Miller". Seriously? Does he have creative input on this?

#8 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

Soooo...the movie is going to suck because you hate Batman?? Yuuuuup, that makes perfect sense... *rolls eyes*

#9 Posted by Ace20XD6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Batman more than Superman, but even I hope Superman beats him if they fight.

#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (45597 posts) - - Show Bio

"Hey, this news only came out a week ago, and all we have is a vague title and a vague idea"

"Let's judge it anyway and automatically say it's gonna suck based on our vague opinion on the vague idea"

"YAY!"

This.

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (45597 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell do you mean by "Superman is better than Batman". Stronger? Faster? Better character?

#12 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell do you mean by "Superman is better than Batman". Stronger? Faster? Better character?

Because of...cupcakes. The fiend!

Oh, also, something about the yellow son :D

#13 Edited by Wolverine08 (45597 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@wolverine08 said:

Lol. I was just asking what he meant by better. His little rant was kind of vague.

#14 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

Calm down. Man of Steel made a sh!t ton of money, they know the Superman fans are a big part of their audience, they won't disrespect him. Superman fans are being way too defensive about this. Snyder even explicitly stated that the movie will NOT be based on The Dark Knight Returns in any way, that was just the most well-known quote they could think of.

There will be a fight, because people will want to see a fight. There will not be a definitive winner, because they don't want to piss off either fanbase, because they want to continue making money off of BOTH fanbases. I understand why Superman fans are so quick to react to this way, with all the morons who have shunted Superman in favor of Batman over the years, but your rage is unjustified. There is nothing to support any of your hatred at this point. Both heroes will be treated with respect, Superman isn't going to lose to Batman, Batman won't steal the spotlight (though he will have some of it, because he IS a co-star in the movie) and everything will be okay.

And before anyone jumps on me for being a Batman fanboy (there is absolutely no reason to, but I know that some of you out there would) I have to point out that Superman is my favorite superhero, and I'm bored to death of Batman at the moment.

#15 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

Soooo...the movie is going to suck because you hate Batman?? Yuuuuup, that makes perfect sense... *rolls eyes*

#16 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

I've gotta respectfully disagree, buddy. I'm a massive Superman fan, and I really, really don't anticipate Batman to outshine him in this movie. Profit-wise, it wouldn't make sense on WB's part, and at the end of the day profit is all they care about

#17 Posted by Your_Friendly_Azn (325 posts) - - Show Bio

There's so much of these topicsXD

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24720 posts) - - Show Bio

If you got complaints when there is some form of actual information about the movie aside from the basic concept fine but right now you just look like a cry baby jumping to unfounded conclusions.

#19 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

I've gotta respectfully disagree, buddy. I'm a massive Superman fan, and I really, really don't anticipate Batman to outshine him in this movie. Profit-wise, it wouldn't make sense on WB's part, and at the end of the day profit is all they care about

*most :P

But I admit...I kinda read this fast without reading every detail.

@sandman_ said:

@wolverine08 said:

Lol. I was just asking what he meant by better. His little rant was kind of vague.

Y U NO GO ALONG WITH IT? :P

#20 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1133 posts) - - Show Bio

Calm down. Man of Steel made a sh!t ton of money, they know the Superman fans are a big part of their audience, they won't disrespect him. Superman fans are being way too defensive about this. Snyder even explicitly stated that the movie will NOT be based on The Dark Knight Returns in any way, that was just the most well-known quote they could think of.

There will be a fight, because people will want to see a fight. There will not be a definitive winner, because they don't want to piss off either fanbase, because they want to continue making money off of BOTH fanbases. I understand why Superman fans are so quick to react to this way, with all the morons who have shunted Superman in favor of Batman over the years, but your rage is unjustified. There is nothing to support any of your hatred at this point. Both heroes will be treated with respect, Superman isn't going to lose to Batman, Batman won't steal the spotlight (though he will have some of it, because he IS a co-star in the movie) and everything will be okay.

And before anyone jumps on me for being a Batman fanboy (there is absolutely no reason to, but I know that some of you out there would) I have to point out that Superman is my favorite superhero, and I'm bored to death of Batman at the moment.

More Superman fans like this, less like the OP.

#21 Posted by allenluo94 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both of them.

#22 Posted by LaserLambert (636 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to re-establish my previously expressed position that I would greatly prefer another Superman Solo film, and not a Batman/Superman film.

#23 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Be grateful Superman gets to be in another movie at all. Or did you forget what happened last time?

Kiss the mutha-f'ing Batman ring. You have a movie, a franchise, and indeed, a universe because BatGod exists. Otherwise, Joe Quesada would own you all.

I recognize this is a total troll, but frankly these whiny, ungrateful threads are getting boring.

#24 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, and welcome to the Vine, OP.

Just realized you don't have many posts. I'm only douchey when I feel like it, so don't take my earlier post too seriously. xD

#25 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god! The prejudice these fanatics have! Uggghhh!

#26 Edited by lilben42 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Use the search function.

Then drown yourself.

#28 Posted by RustyRoy (13908 posts) - - Show Bio

Another Superfan's rant, great just great. I still don't know how people can't see that Snyder used that quote to make the crowd go wild and what's the evidence that Batman's going to kick Superman's ass, not even Batfans want that, at least not as much as Superfans want Superman to kick Batman's ass. If you don't like the idea then don't watch the movie at all, you'll get your MoS 2 after that.

#29 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

"YAY!"

this

#30 Posted by Al_capOWN (538 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares, is just a movie, batman or no batman im still going to wake up tomorrow, take a shit, take a shower, and go to work.

I love comics and all, but crap like this doesnt bother me, i think is funny how some people react to news like this. Kind of sad actually, theres far more important things in life than worry about batman being a part of MoS 2.

#31 Edited by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie may suck if the creators get pissed with the fans so much and decide if they're gonna get flamed, might as well give the fanatics something to get furious about. Seriously, if I was Snyder or Goyer or Nolan, too much of this crap from the fanbase I'm supposed to cater to, would make me want to piss them off so much they'll leave the franchise alone.

#32 Posted by Techwarrior (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I see this thread topic has ticked some people off, I understand why.. since we live in a world of Batman fan's of course everyone is going to mad.. but listen guys It's not ignorance, It's speculation and I would say a hypothesis of what will happen if there was a Superman/Batman movie. I just don't like to see people idolize Batman and say he is the world's sole greatest hero, and is capable of beating everyone... but it doesn't matter what we think.. the studio just want's it's money. I would've preferred a solo Superman movie, where we could've explored Superman and more importantly Clark.. Sorry if I offended people, but stop it! Batman isn't everything.. or the best, and I just can't see Superman loose to him. Frank Millers TDR was just HUGE disrespect to Superman.. and if that's the tone of this new movie then just lol forget it. Thanks for your input guys.

#33 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he is going to find a way to tie in the TDKRises to Superman, since TDKRises was based on The Dark Knight Returns! THe quote could be a troll, kind of like how so many "New 52" covers portray completely different stories than what is on the cover. These threads are tiresome...

@wolverine08 said:

His body doesn't store fat like Humans do! I think L&C Superman's stored calories as energy! That is the best Superpower ever, unless Batman has an anti-fat pill ...then Batman wins!

#34 Posted by Wolverine08 (45597 posts) - - Show Bio

I see this thread topic has ticked some people off, I understand why.. since we live in a world of Batman fan's of course everyone is going to mad.. but listen guys It's not ignorance, It's speculation and I would say a hypothesis of what will happen if there was a Superman/Batman movie. I just don't like to see people idolize Batman and say he is the world's sole greatest hero, and is capable of beating everyone... but it doesn't matter what we think.. the studio just want's it's money. I would've preferred a solo Superman movie, where we could've explored Superman and more importantly Clark.. Sorry if I offended people, but stop it! Batman isn't everything.. or the best, and I just can't see Superman loose to him. Frank Millers TDR was just HUGE disrespect to Superman.. and if that's the tone of this new movie then just lol forget it. Thanks for your input guys.

................. You are trying to sound reasonable while you stereotype Batman fans as always being angry? Great job being a hypocrite. No one is saying that Batman is capable of beating everyone. That is a small group of fanboys. And just because you don't think Batman isn't the best and is inferior to Batman doesn't make it fact. Frankly, you sound like a Superman fanboy who hates Batman.

#35 Edited by MrShway88 (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone confirmed whether this is a Man of Steel 2 film, a World's Finest film, or a Superman vs. Batman film?

#36 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

"YAY!"

No. Based on our opinion of Warner Bros., the makers of Man of Steel, and the movie going public.

#37 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@wolverine08 said:

Yellow sUn.

#38 Edited by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Their first aggressive encounter will probably be Superman quickly pinning Batman down or something, bullying him around a bit, then suddenly Batman pulls out some gadget to turn the tables, and they end at a standstill. Though when the whole movie is titled B "Vs" S I can't say how they'll do it.

#39 Posted by acer51 (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie will bring glory and increased popularity to both characters, besides they have to do this if they ever want to make a Justice League film.

#40 Posted by dcdyno (130 posts) - - Show Bio

since dc isn't copying marvel, this is a great step towards justice league.

#41 Edited by dcdyno (130 posts) - - Show Bio

@techwarrior:

we are both new but at least I know not to start a battle of idiots and fans.

#42 Posted by AgentHawk (19 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I say that Superman and batman fans should all be thrown into a ring so that they can fight each other to the death.

#44 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19:

I imagin them acting like the heroes they represent!

Batman fans would win, they would prep and bring things to throw, the Superman fans would head to the gym, then come all ready to rumble only to realize working out at the gym doesn't make objects thrown at your head hurt less....

#45 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4895 posts) - - Show Bio

The superhero Twilight Saga continues.

What side do you choose?

Team Bruce or Team Clark?

Who is meant to be with Bella... errrrr... I mean Diana?

( + )

#46 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

Its ok man, I get you.

I dont have any faith in people to handle these characters with integrity, especially since they are RUMOURED to be calling it Batman vs Superman, Snyder has said that Dark Knight Returns "will inform the film", and because the logo is clearly the Dark Knight Returns logo. Its speculation, cool we get it, but I know I hope (probably more than ANYONE) that this isnt a Batman wankfest. I hope the Movie's Ad campaign changes directions, and restores my faith, and more than that, I hope they still do a MoS2.

#47 Posted by Justthatkid (4704 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep the hero world realistic they said. They'll most likely make Kal stupid. Sadly I'm thinking they made Kal so powerful in MOS just to make Bruce look better.

#48 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow so confident that a movie is going to suck, just based on the title. You have no other information on the movie other than the title, there's a Batman in it, and the cast of Man of Steel. You haven't seen any footage and don't know who's cast as Batman. It's a Superman movie, meaning that even though Batman will show up, Superman will be the star. And in the end, they'll be on equal footing facing off against possibly Lex Luthor and some other villain. How I see it, the fight (Batman vs Superman) will end in a stalemate, with Batman most likely injured pretty badly. Superman made a ton of money so they're not going to disrespect the star in his own movie.

#49 Posted by Nightwing4 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why fans are already assuming 2 things:

1. Supes & Bats will fight

2. Batman will win

There's no grounds for any of these arguments. Lets just be happy a DC Cinematic Universe is finally happening.

#50 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why fans are already assuming 2 things:

1. Supes & Bats will fight

2. Batman will win

There's no grounds for any of these arguments. Lets just be happy a DC Cinematic Universe is finally happening.

this

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.