Superman at Marvel in 2014?

• 184 results
#1 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Fan or DC Fan. It Matters Not.
 It Looks Like Time Warner might lose Superman to the creator's Families in 2013.
 Disney has a LOT of money.
 It most definitely could happen......
 How would you feel? What would you want to see?
 My personal belief is DC will lose Superman, and a NEW comic universe will be built around him by his new owners, but what if MARVEL got him????
#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel won't get him. If Disney hasn't used their deep pockets to buy back X-Men, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, and Blade rights back, I doubt they'd use it to buy Superman. Furthermore, WB won't lose Superman. He's way too valuable and will not just give him away without spending the money for him. Superman will be fine and all will be just as good as it is now. 

#3 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" Marvel won't get him. If Disney hasn't used their deep pockets to buy back X-Men, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, and Blade rights back, I doubt they'd use it to buy Superman. Furthermore, WB won't lose Superman. He's way too valuable and will not just give him away without spending the money for him. Superman will be fine and all will be just as good as it is now.  "
You are absolutely wrong. Anyone with even a passing knowledge of the legal case knows there are very intense hard feelings between the families and Time Warner/DC. This makes Superman remaining at DC unlikely, actually. The families have ALREADY been awarded most of the rights effective 2013. Marvel won't get him either though as they are also enemies with Marc Toberoff who will be partial owner of Superman come 2013.
#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

So if you "know" Marvel isn't going to get him, what is the point of this thread?

#5 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: 
Read the OP, I was asking what if Marvel did somehow end up with him..
#6 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

a NEW comic universe will be built around him by his new owners

i think is the most likely case.

#7 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

What if Marvel gets hin? Better question is...How would he fit in the Marvel Universe?

#8 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" What if Marvel gets hin? Better question is...How would he fit in the Marvel Universe? "
He would be the new Cornerstone, I Imagine he would be given the respect accorded to him as well before eventually becoming just another (Top) member of Marvel's Pantheon of heroes. Since Disney owns Marvel I could see trying to acquire Superman from a business standpoint having him as a regular Marvel character would be great for all forms of media. The only real problem is that the same Lawyer that represents the Superman Heirs also represents the Kirby Heirs who are now fighting Marvel/Disney in Court too making this also unlikely. It would be cool though.
#9 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone: Cornerstone?
#10 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" @turoksonofstone: Cornerstone? "
lol. Centerpiece, Belle of the Ball, etc.
Cornerstone -   cor·ner·stone /ˈkôrnərˌstōn/ Noun An Important quality or feature on which a particular thing depends on or is based on.
#11 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be funny if he showed up in Marvel and jobbed to people like the Spot, Marvels ultimate FU to DC

#12 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
" It would be funny if he showed up in Marvel and jobbed to people like the Spot, Marvels ultimate FU to DC "
Would it really be funny? I Doubt Marvel would regard him as anything other than top hero if he was theirs to use.
#13 Posted by Manchine (3974 posts) - - Show Bio

Just think of all the fun Superman could have fighting all these new people (new to him).  So many people would have him fighting Thor/Hulk/Silver Surfer.  It would be crazy.  Although it would be weird to have him not at the daily bugle.  Of course Clark and Lois is in the Marvel Universe 
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2832398.html

#14 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Would he had been born on krypton? Why did it took him so long to become Superman? And...well Superman exist in Marvel, but as a fictional character.

#15 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manchine:  @Primmaster64: 
Lois, Krypton, Daily Bugle(LMAO "Planet"). They all go with the Superman package as well as the origin from Action #1. Has anyone read it recently?

#16 Posted by Manchine (3974 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone said:

Didn't know Lois and the Daily Bugle were in it.  =)
#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24623 posts) - - Show Bio

I just had a flash of mortal terror at the thought of Bendis writing Superman

#18 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manchine: 
LMAO.
#19 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio
IF Marvel was to get Superman and bring him into their Multiverse would they bring him down to closer to majority of Marvel's Top Tier Characters or keep him at his level and rise some of those guys closer to him?

#20 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaTheDestroyer said:

" IF Marvel was to get Superman and bring him into their Multiverse would they bring him down to closer to majority of Marvel's Top Tier Characters or keep him at his level and rise some of those guys closer to him?

"
I bet they would leave him at golden or silver age levels to differentiate from what will then be the old(to us current)DC version. And re-introduce or retcon him since his DC continuity post Siegel & Shuster(Superman #9 or #10) would still be property of DC.
#21 Posted by FortressoftheMoon (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

"

"

Yeah I can see Superman hanging starbucks and then Hulk shows up and be like "Yo, remember me bitch? How about that rematch?" and they get into it and somehow Thor shows up and somehow he gets beaten down.
#22 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm a fan of Supes regardless where he goes so, be interesting to see what happens in the upcoming years.

#23 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio
@FortressoftheMoon said:
"

@joshmightbe said:

"

"

Yeah I can see Superman hanging starbucks and then Hulk shows up and be like "Yo, remember me bitch? How about that rematch?" and they get into it and somehow Thor shows up and somehow he gets beaten down. "
All of Marvel's Heavy Weights just start coming out of the woodworks to fight Supes. that would be an interesting storyline.
#24 Posted by War Killer (19983 posts) - - Show Bio

Is DC still keeping Batman? Yes? Then I'm cool. :P

#25 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Gladiator shows up and so does Hyperion after hearing of this Superman.

#26 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: 
Definitely! They took care of Bob Kane from the beginning and Batman is going nowhere.. Bill Finger though got screwed but that's another story...
#27 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmm I don't care about Bats in the moment....More worried about Supes.

#28 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

I highly doubt he's ever gonna leave DC, that seems incredible unlikely.   Though they still have Captain Marvel, so they'd be fine.    I'd hate to see what the "writers' at Marvel would do with Supes.

#29 Posted by joshmightbe (24623 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin: Probably give him a weird phobia that makes him useless until the last possible minute in a crisis and then have him go batsh*t crazy
#30 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do lose him then maybe Captain Marvel will get the recognition he deserves!!! Also it could be very easy to place him in Marvel I could handle it, as long as he loses to Thor and Hulk.

#31 Edited by Murasame (49 posts) - - Show Bio

IF that happens It'll be pretty hard for Marvel because they'd have to essentially start all over with him... Sure the rights to "Superman" could end up anywhere, but almost everything to do with Superman including powers, weaknesses, stories and characters will still belong to DC/WB.

#32 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

It won't happen.

#33 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: 
But, hasn't it essentially already happened? How won't it? Going to Marvel you mean?
#34 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: Yes it will and then this will happen  
#35 Posted by SC (12702 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad Marvel won't get him. Marvel wouldn't treat Superman bad for the sake of a few hardcore Marvel fans that want to see their favorites beat him. Too much money to be made from him. The evil Hyperion might get trashed pretty badly though too. Anyway, I think Marvel could do a good job, but I am already tired of how popularity affects creative decisions as it is. Throwing in a character like Superman would make things even crazier. 

#36 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone:  Not at all. Warner Bros will keep appealing the court's decision. If that doesn't work by the time the contract is up, they will make a settlement for the rights of Superman before any other company has a chance to snatch it up.
#37 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:

" @turoksonofstone:  Not at all. Warner Bros will keep appealing the court's decision. If that doesn't work by the time the contract is up, they will make a settlement for the rights of Superman before any other company has a chance to snatch it up. "

If the judgement that has already taken place takes effect in 2013, what good will an appeal do DC? DC has lost two rounds in a row by my count. Are you following the case closely? Why does everyone insist on discounting the hard feelings that are out in the open now as well? I doubt the heirs would like nothing more than to spite DC at any cost. Where have you read or heard anything       to the contrary?
#38 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone:  The "heirs" could careless about DC and probably about Superman. They want to fill their wallets, that is all.
#39 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody:
Sounds just a tad biased in favor of DC, but we all have opinions. right?
#40 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

It wont happen.

Aside from the fact this case is the biggest load of crap in the history of the civil legal system, Time Warner would pay the "heirs" enough money that their hard feelings would vanish.

If that doesn't work, I'll just k*** them all. I'm not letting Supes go to Marvel.

#41 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone:  DC is probably the same way. Superman is their cash cow and they can't afford to lose him.
#42 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" It wont happen. Aside from the fact this case is the biggest load of crap in the history of the civil legal system, Time Warner would pay the "heirs" enough money that their hard feelings would vanish. If that doesn't work, I'll just k*** them all. I'm not letting Supes go to Marvel. "
Greatest..comment...ever...lol.
#43 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" I just had a flash of mortal terror at the thought of Bendis writing Superman "
OH GOD
#44 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @turoksonofstone:  DC is probably the same way. Superman is their cash cow and they can't afford to lose him. "
Check out the details of the case, DC  essentially have already lost him. Your opinions of Greed from both sides are no doubt accurate. Although, I side with the Heirs myself.
#45 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" @joshmightbe said:
" I just had a flash of mortal terror at the thought of Bendis writing Superman "
OH GOD "
That's.......bite your tongue and knock on wood.
#46 Posted by joshmightbe (24623 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone: The whole case is just a bunch of spoiled grand kids trying to cash in on the work of their elders I say screw them if they want money from a comic company they can create a character like their grand parents did
#47 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

" @InnerVenom123 said:

" @joshmightbe said:
OH GOD "
That's.......bite your tongue and knock on wood. "

#48 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @turoksonofstone: The whole case is just a bunch of spoiled grand kids trying to cash in on the work of their elders I say screw them if they want money from a comic company they can create a character like their grand parents did "
On the surface and in the end that may be what it is about, However again I will recommended you look into the details of the case before you toss the Heirs(which until recently was composed  of the creators wives and children, and not too terribly long ago the creators themselves.) there are some youtube videos for both sides floating around too.
#49 Posted by Doctor Damn (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis writing Superman?

I haven't been this aroused since I heard he was writing Moon Knight.
#50 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @turoksonofstone: The whole case is just a bunch of spoiled grand kids trying to cash in on the work of their elders I say screw them if they want money from a comic company they can create a character like their grand parents did "
That's my take on it, though I'd rather just throw them all into a volcano.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.