Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18883 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman and Wonder Woman, should they be together or not?

• 144 results
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@batshrine said:

@drgnx said:

@batshrine said:

I honestly think its a bad idea. WW would never go for a guy stronger than her but she would go for a guy as stubborn as she is. I think she is a much better match for Batman than Superman. Plus she is way too violent for Superman's tastes, personality wise they just don't mesh. And this definitely feels like a masogynistic approach, the whole point of WW for me is that she doesn't need a man to protect her. And lets face it everyone think Superman is stronger and he has always been shown that way, and they have a very similar power set (super strength and flight) and its just screams typical.

Well.... she has dated/married Superman (in different realities), and it looks like DC is considering having her dating Orion... and in one continuity she actually married a god, so dating power houses who potentially rival her strength is actual not that foreign.

Honestly, Catwoman is Batman's match: Dark, broken, and shady...

Why would WW want some guy who sulks and skulks in the shadows when Steve and Superman or even Orion are nothing like that? I actually think she does not like guys in masks ... 0_o" ... has she and Batman ever dated in any reality? The best I recall was Batman showing he really cared for her in the animated series.

I think at this point, she is off limits to the rest of the JL, less DC wants to weather the backlash of her being passed around.

So I do know Superman and Wonder Woman have dated on different realities but I never enjoyed it, and I especially don't enjoy it now that it became canon (though I am loving how the fact they are together has elements of the end of reality).

As for dating Orion, I actually think thats perfect. They are both "gods" and I'll be honest I don't think Orion is stronger than Wonder Woman, I think they are equal, which fits with Diana being a powerful woman not needing a man to protect her. Superman is stronger and it creates that power stronger that women should only date guys stronger, smarter, better than them. And to give you a heads up Batman and Wonder Woman were into each other in many realities. In fact read Wonder Woman's Blackest Night tie ins to see how she felt about Bruce. They even kissed in JLA: Obsidian Age.

As for why Batman and Wonder Woman are a good match, opposites attract. Though they aren't total opposites, he has his strong morals, doesn't waver from them (Superman although a "boy scout" has been known to waver from his morals), and he also has a violent side. Plus Batman rivals Wonder Woman in combat since well they are both well trained fighters.

In the end though I am not arguing that they should be together, in fact I find the appeal in the Batman/Wonder Woman relationship that they have attraction to each other, I am even willing to let it get to love though they keep their distance for professional reasons. I am just arguing that Batman would be a better fit than Superman. You bring up Orion and Steve Trevor and both are also much better fits than Superman.

My overall argument is that by pairing Superman and Wonder Woman together you get the Jock dating the Cheerleader dynamic, and lets be honest, Wonder Woman is not a cheerleader, she is WAY better than that.

Interesting, so they have had allusions to BM and WW having feelings, but have they explored it in a serious relationship? Like Owlman and Superwoman?

I'm also curious to how we define better fits for comicbook characters ... but when I mention Orion and Steve, it is the way they conduct themselves, they are much more open, straight forward and boyscout-like. Obviously they have different, authoritative constraints, personalities, and a variances in the nuances of their character attribute, but if were focus on their core traits at a high level and we were to place Superman and Batman as 2 ends of a spectrum, who do you think these two would fall closer to? It is not to say who is a better fit, but more or less how we would profile the type of guys WW normally dates. A better fit, depends on a large degree as to how the writer decides to write the comic as well as personal bias of the readers. On this note, I'm not trying to challenge your preference of who she should date, I was just curios as to where you were coming from.

And every time I hear of opposites attacking in the conversation with Batman or Superman, I think of Midnighter and Apollo.

One point I will nitpick on; I see issue with your Jock-cheerleader example because WW can be a Jock as well (since they do have female sports and athletes) making this a Jock-Jock relationship. Think of a lead female basketball player dating a male quarterback.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By batshrine

@drgnx said:

@batshrine said:

@drgnx said:

@batshrine said:

I honestly think its a bad idea. WW would never go for a guy stronger than her but she would go for a guy as stubborn as she is. I think she is a much better match for Batman than Superman. Plus she is way too violent for Superman's tastes, personality wise they just don't mesh. And this definitely feels like a masogynistic approach, the whole point of WW for me is that she doesn't need a man to protect her. And lets face it everyone think Superman is stronger and he has always been shown that way, and they have a very similar power set (super strength and flight) and its just screams typical.

Well.... she has dated/married Superman (in different realities), and it looks like DC is considering having her dating Orion... and in one continuity she actually married a god, so dating power houses who potentially rival her strength is actual not that foreign.

Why would WW want some guy who sulks and skulks in the shadows when Steve and Superman or even Orion are nothing like that? I actually think she does not like guys in masks ... 0_o" ... has she and Batman ever dated in any reality? The best I recall was Batman showing he really cared for her in the animated series.

I think at this point, she is off limits to the rest of the JL, less DC wants to weather the backlash of her being passed around.

So I do know Superman and Wonder Woman have dated on different realities but I never enjoyed it, and I especially don't enjoy it now that it became canon (though I am loving how the fact they are together has elements of the end of reality).

As for dating Orion, I actually think thats perfect. They are both "gods" and I'll be honest I don't think Orion is stronger than Wonder Woman, I think they are equal, which fits with Diana being a powerful woman not needing a man to protect her. Superman is stronger and it creates that power stronger that women should only date guys stronger, smarter, better than them. And to give you a heads up Batman and Wonder Woman were into each other in many realities. In fact read Wonder Woman's Blackest Night tie ins to see how she felt about Bruce. They even kissed in JLA: Obsidian Age.

As for why Batman and Wonder Woman are a good match, opposites attract. Though they aren't total opposites, he has his strong morals, doesn't waver from them (Superman although a "boy scout" has been known to waver from his morals), and he also has a violent side. Plus Batman rivals Wonder Woman in combat since well they are both well trained fighters.

In the end though I am not arguing that they should be together, in fact I find the appeal in the Batman/Wonder Woman relationship that they have attraction to each other, I am even willing to let it get to love though they keep their distance for professional reasons. I am just arguing that Batman would be a better fit than Superman. You bring up Orion and Steve Trevor and both are also much better fits than Superman.

My overall argument is that by pairing Superman and Wonder Woman together you get the Jock dating the Cheerleader dynamic, and lets be honest, Wonder Woman is not a cheerleader, she is WAY better than that.

Interesting, so they have had allusions to BM and WW having feelings, but have they explored it in a serious relationship? Like Owlman and Superwoman?

I'm also curious to how we define better fits for comicbook characters ... but when I mention Orion and Steve, it is the way they conduct themselves, they are much more open, straight forward and boyscout-like. Obviously they have different, authoritative constraints, personalities, and a variances in the nuances of their character attribute, but if were focus on their core traits at a high level and we were to place Superman and Batman as 2 ends of a spectrum, who do you think these two would fall closer to? It is not to say who is a better fit, but more or less how we would profile the type of guys WW normally dates. A better fit, depends on a large degree as to how the writer decides to write the comic as well as personal bias of the readers. On this note, I'm not trying to challenge your preference of who she should date, I was just curios as to where you were coming from.

And every time I hear of opposites attacking in the conversation with Batman or Superman, I think of Midnighter and Apollo.

One point I will nitpick on; I see issue with your Jock-cheerleader example because WW can be a Jock as well (since they do have female sports and athletes) making this a Jock-Jock relationship. Think of a lead female basketball player dating a male quarterback.

To be honest I think this was the most mature response I have ever gotten on comicvine! You hold to your opinion but are willing to discuss, so I got to give you props!

To answer your questions: in Obsidian Age they kissed, and in the Blackest Night issue Bruce actually was the reason why Diana was able to become a Star Saphire.

And for the next part I am curious to think you put Superman and Batman in opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of light to dark which I agree with you. But what do you mean by light and dark? If you mean that light means you are a public image and dark means you operate in the shadows I will say then yes Orion and (traditional) Steve Trevor definitely are public figures. Though I would argue that current Steve Trevor is definitely closer to Batman considering all the teams he has been on and how its very black ops. However, if you mean light to mean a more easy going personality, and dark to mean more reserved personality. I would say Steve Trevor is definitely on the light side, though I put Orion very close to Batman. He is easily angered, and definitely not an easy going guy.

And its really funny that you mentioned Midnighter and Apollo, maybe thats why I see Wonder Woman and Batman to be such a nice fit.

And even with your analogy which still fits and I agree with it, my concerns still hold true, you have placed them in separate sports. In reality they are both football players, but even with your analogy you put Wonder Woman in a different sport, one that is more acceptable for girls to do. And thats hitting at the core of why I don't support the relationship, it's detrimental to Wonder Woman's iconography.

P.S. I just realized that this is on the Superman thread and not Wonder Woman thread...

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By PowerWoman
    Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

@batshrine said:

@drgnx said:

@batshrine said:

To be honest I think this was the most mature response I have ever gotten on comicvine! You hold to your opinion but are willing to discuss, so I got to give you props!

To answer your questions: in Obsidian Age they kissed, and in the Blackest Night issue Bruce actually was the reason why Diana was able to become a Star Saphire.

And for the next part I am curious to think you put Superman and Batman in opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of light to dark which I agree with you. But what do you mean by light and dark? If you mean that light means you are a public image and dark means you operate in the shadows I will say then yes Orion and (traditional) Steve Trevor definitely are public figures. Though I would argue that current Steve Trevor is definitely closer to Batman considering all the teams he has been on and how its very black ops. However, if you mean light to mean a more easy going personality, and dark to mean more reserved personality. I would say Steve Trevor is definitely on the light side, though I put Orion very close to Batman. He is easily angered, and definitely not an easy going guy.

And its really funny that you mentioned Midnighter and Apollo, maybe thats why I see Wonder Woman and Batman to be such a nice fit.

And even with your analogy which still fits and I agree with it, my concerns still hold true, you have placed them in separate sports. In reality they are both football players, but even with your analogy you put Wonder Woman in a different sport, one that is more acceptable for girls to do. And thats hitting at the core of why I don't support the relationship, it's detrimental to Wonder Woman's iconography.

P.S. I just realized that this is on the Superman thread and not Wonder Woman thread...

Thanks for noticing, I'm usually more curios in the reasoning behind peoples opinions/comments, than changing them.

My actual opinion is that I don't really care who WW or SM date, but would prefer if they dated somebody new for the next several decades.

Well in "this" case I put Batman and Superman at the end of the spectrum because those were the 2 characters I was discussing (and comparing to WWs other love interests) . I was just trying to explore how SM fits WW's profile vs Batman (based on Orion and Steve) . I assumed this is what you were going for, however, you were talking about something else (opposite attracts).

Yeah with my Sports analogy, I could have easily have used 2 basketball players or Kick-boxers, but there is always going to be one better than the other (even if this fluctuates). I think the real issue is despite how they might be (attempted to be) portrayed in comics, WW and SM are generally not seen as real equals to their love interests, so when people see them together with someone who rivals or potentially surpasses them, it diminished their perception of the character.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107  Edited By SUNMAN

@powerwoman: good stuff right? How I envision their relationship

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If DC makes Wonderwoman as likeable as Thor, then why not?

Until then, unless DC actually starts putting effort into making her a more fun character, I don't think it will give much entertainment.

Superman has Lois Lane anyway.

Of all the characters I've every read, Wondewoman is one of the most bland.

Wonderwoman is kind of a joke character. And not in a good way.

"Hey, my name Diana, i live on an island full of women". "We just sit around hating on men and don't do much else". I 'd rather read about the amazons in Marvel.

Even Supergirl and Powergirl are better. Wonderwoman has come to be just a failed female clone of Superman. She's a woman and she's strong. That's all there is to her character aside from the laughable aspects that do nothing to make people like her.

When is DC going start developing characters other then their first two, Superman and Batman?

Avatar image for undead2hexprime
    undead2hexprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what if in the end batgawd ends up with lois..and i wonder how bats will feel as a third wheel in their relationship

SlayerOFEVIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman should just go the Batman route and be single, while occasionally getting some tail. If Diana and Clark do have to be "romantic" I'd rather it just be a fling than a full on relationship, I hear they're trying to make a Trinity love triangle, but I have yet to see either Batman or Superman have any real chemistry with Wonder Woman. Hmm, Geoff Johns can revamp Green Lantern, and make Aquaman awesome but he sure as hell can't right a romance to save his own arse.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lois and Clark simply do not interest me any more. That is played out. I never loved them that much in the first place. In fact when they were together there were some of the worse SM stories put out. Clark himself was not all that interesting. He is in the new 52. Are some people insisting DC should feed us that again? Am I supposed to read the same thing every time? I hope not. Else I will surely be wasting my money. And Soule is doing such a good job with Clark and Diana. It's great to read something different that is far removed from the human girlfriend troupe. I picked up Doomed and it was so refreshing to read Diana's role in it and the angle she brings.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By johnqestion

@batshrine said:

@drgnx said:

@batshrine said:

@drgnx said:

@batshrine said:

Everything about BM/WW has never done WW any favors. It's all been out of the blue and makes WW a gloried bat cheerleader or a pining girl over a man who makes no effort. That is the most shallow kind of writing I have ever read. You cite Blackest Night where WW became that Star Sapphire. Because there was nothing in HER comics to support her dying of unrequited love for Batman but Batman fanboy Rucka made her into the ultimate cheerleader where Diana would faster kill her mother, sister and Cassie for a man who never gave anything of himself to her. That is an example of undermining her. Gail Simone at the time knew nothing about the Blackest Night plan for WW (because she was writing the WW/Nemesis romance) and said they made Diana into a notch for Batman's belt. Are DC also ready to put Diana up against Batman's foes as they have done with her and SM the way Soule has done? And truly allow her to exercise her abilities? Batman/Wonder Woman cannot work in any long term relationship. Allies and friends sure. Wonder Woman actually feels organic to even Superman's foes/world when reading the comic. She is the God of War as well. Not some simple street level martial artist that Batman foes will give trouble too. Diana fit in well with Zod, Faroa, she took on the Phantom Zone criminals, can hold her own with Doomsday, will be more than likely taking on Brainac...Clark has shown he can take on the Greek Gods in his battle with Apollo. Plus they actually have a positive and not a dysfunctional relationship, where they are themselves and are actually growing. The idea Wonder Woman needs to change Batman and she is dark to his light is one of the biggest fallacies. WW is a demi goddess with the blood of Zeus and the God of War. She has her own drama to deal with. One just has to read Azzarello's take to know Diana's world is even more complex and dark. Plus new 52 WW as seen with Orion is not here to hook up with a man because he is a tortured soul. She is an Amazon. She feels compassion but it does not mean she has to bed a man she feels sorry for nor put up with his bs.

carterleavyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By carterleavyy

^^^ Amen... 100% Agreed

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batshrine said:

@drgnx said:

@batshrine said:

@drgnx said:

@batshrine said:

Everything about BM/WW has never done WW any favors. It's all been out of the blue and makes WW a gloried bat cheerleader or a pining girl over a man who makes no effort. That is the most shallow kind of writing I have ever read. You cite Blackest Night where WW became that Star Sapphire. Because there was nothing in HER comics to support her dying of unrequited love for Batman but Batman fanboy Rucka made her into the ultimate cheerleader where Diana would faster kill her mother, sister and Cassie for a man who never gave anything of himself to her. That is an example of undermining her. Gail Simone at the time knew nothing about the Blackest Night plan for WW (because she was writing the WW/Nemesis romance) and said they made Diana into a notch for Batman's belt. Are DC also ready to put Diana up against Batman's foes as they have done with her and SM the way Soule has done? And truly allow her to exercise her abilities? Batman/Wonder Woman cannot work in any long term relationship. Allies and friends sure. Wonder Woman actually feels organic to even Superman's foes/world when reading the comic. She is the God of War as well. Not some simple street level martial artist that Batman foes will give trouble too. Diana fit in well with Zod, Faroa, she took on the Phantom Zone criminals, can hold her own with Doomsday, will be more than likely taking on Brainac...Clark has shown he can take on the Greek Gods in his battle with Apollo. Plus they actually have a positive and not a dysfunctional relationship, where they are themselves and are actually growing. The idea Wonder Woman needs to change Batman and she is dark to his light is one of the biggest fallacies. WW is a demi goddess with the blood of Zeus and the God of War. She has her own drama to deal with. One just has to read Azzarello's take to know Diana's world is even more complex and dark. Plus new 52 WW as seen with Orion is not here to hook up with a man because he is a tortured soul. She is an Amazon. She feels compassion but it does not mean she has to bed a man she feels sorry for nor put up with his bs.

What you can apply to Superman as well. No real build up to the kiss in JL# 12. So far two arcs with only Superman villains. She being to be dismissive of Superman's choice to be Clark Kent. Oh lets not forget when is nagging at him in the middle of battle. And you are now having The personification of Hope dating the God of War. Like they match.

With Batman you can introduce new villains to challenge WW and Bats. Ones that need both their abilities and skills. Plus it is doable to have Ra's or the Court of Owls or even the Joker to threaten Diana. Plus Superman and Batman have fought villains together. Why can't Diana with Bats.

carterleavyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody wants to see Diana with Bruce besides die hard Bat fans like yourself.

If they balance SM/WW relationship a bit more they maybe a match made in heaven. I just feel DC will not but all the effort into a temporary relationship, unless it becomes a huge profitable thing for both characters... Well SM/WW is selling more then their single issue.

My only wish for SM/WW is if we can spend sometime with Wonder Woman rouge gallery for a bit after the Doomed event. Wonder Woman villains would make up a good plot for both characters.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By darkman61288

If they balance SM/WW relationship a bit more they maybe a match made in heaven. I just feel DC will not but all the effort into a temporary relationship, unless it becomes a huge profitable thing for both characters... Well SM/WW is selling more then their single issue.

My only wish for SM/WW is if we can spend sometime with Wonder Woman rouge gallery for a bit after the Doomed event. Wonder Woman villains would make up a good plot for both characters.

Put Diana with Bruce might have made more money considering Batman's popularity. Plus Wonder Woman never really sells over 40,000 consistently and Lobell's Superman is terrible. Now compare it to Action Comics and Superman unchained.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So earlier I complimented someone for giving a really mature response. I wish I could say the same to you.

First of all you have no statistical evidence for your first claim that only die hard bat fans want to see WW and Bats. But even if we take that statement as fact (which I know neither of us has the data). Lets just see the numbers. Who for the past 3 years has constantly been selling the most out of those 3? Batman. Who has had a movie make over a billion dollars in the box office? Batman. Who has the most comic books coming out each week? Batman. So even if just Batman fans want to see this happen as you say, then thats a lot of people...

And to be honest, we speak of WW as if she needs to date one of those two. Lets not forget what WW prolly want, and what WW represents. She is her own woman. It is insulting to think of her as a prize for one of the big two. And we all know they all have significant others that will ultimately prevail over them dating each other. Though if two of them must date, I still side with WW and Bats :-P. Or why can't all 3 of them date each other?!? Thats possible lol.

My only wish is for a WW/Bats comic since there is a Supes/Bats and a WW/Supes. That dynamic sounds like a lot of fun and I wanna see it handled by a good writer who likes both of the characters (so def not Geoff Johns).

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has a peer and a challenge being with Diana in terms of equality and role play which means no more trying to restrain his actual superior nature as a ascending being demoting in courting a weak human woman with no powers, limited intellegence and an even less lifespan. Diana is a ascending being to, she's also Clark/Kal's advisor in tough nature choices, they fill each other in area's they lack and they embrace themselves to the fullest. I feel Diana is a better bff than Batman is, even though he is hope personified, Wondy is love personified. and both need those concepts to be tremendously pivitol in saving the DC universe as a unity.

But lately they are dull as fuck, and I'm not buying their epic romance as far as I;m reading their ongoing, I guess back to lois lame then. I hope someone manages to make this couple a interesting dynamic to read though.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has a peer and a challenge being with Diana in terms of equality and role play which means no more trying to restrain his actual superior nature as a ascending being demoting in courting a weak human woman with no powers, limited intellegence and an even less lifespan. Diana is a ascending being to, she's also Clark/Kal's advisor in tough nature choices, they fill each other in area's they lack and they embrace themselves to the fullest. I feel Diana is a better bff than Batman is, even though he is hope personified, Wondy is love personified. and both need those concepts to be tremendously pivitol in saving the DC universe as a unity.

But lately they are dull as fuck, and I'm not buying their epic romance as far as I;m reading their ongoing, I guess back to lois lame then. I hope someone manages to make this couple a interesting dynamic to read though.

How is that demoting? Superman and Wonder Woman aren't shallow. They would see past that a love for who they are not who they are.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#120  Edited By Night4345

@batshrine: So earlier I complimented someone for giving a really mature response. I wish I could say the same to you.

First of all you have no statistical evidence for your first claim that only die hard bat fans want to see WW and Bats. But even if we take that statement as fact (which I know neither of us has the data). Lets just see the numbers. Who for the past 3 years has constantly been selling the most out of those 3? Batman. Who has had a movie make over a billion dollars in the box office? Batman. Who has the most comic books coming out each week? Batman. So even if just Batman fans want to see this happen as you say, then thats a lot of people...

And to be honest, we speak of WW as if she needs to date one of those two. Lets not forget what WW prolly want, and what WW represents. She is her own woman. It is insulting to think of her as a prize for one of the big two. And we all know they all have significant others that will ultimately prevail over them dating each other. Though if two of them must date, I still side with WW and Bats :-P. Or why can't all 3 of them date each other?!? Thats possible lol.

My only wish is for a WW/Bats comic since there is a Supes/Bats and a WW/Supes. That dynamic sounds like a lot of fun and I wanna see it handled by a good writer who likes both of the characters (so def not Geoff Johns).

No Caption Provided

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She not Bruce Wayne type. But she is batman type. So figure that one out!!

kasino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Trevor(steve and barnes) and Lois..I mean whats really keeping Supes and WW connected to the world if not for them

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasino said:

I liked Trevor(steve and barnes) and Lois..I mean whats really keeping Supes and WW connected to the world if not for them

That's the biggest piece of nonsense that DC writers ever spawned to try to make Lois and Steve relevant and it outgrew its purpose. You telling me these characters need only these two to be connected or care to the world they GREW up in? Really? That's insulting, isn't it? Superman was caring for the world for decades before they threw him under the bus with that weak motivation. Supes parents, his upbringing, his heritage, his friends, his choices...THEY are why he is who he is..not Lois. No wonder when she dies in AU he goes mad or runs away. Clearly she taught him nothing. Being human is about learning life is not all hunky dory.It's about persevering. Clark or Diana having to be defined by Steve and Lois is terrible thing to say about them. To suggest they can't care for humans because they need to marry one. Then they are not that heroic as we thought. What you are suggesting is that is Lois and Steve should die then Supes and Diana are done for. That's it. They can't care for the world or anyone. These heroes who are long lived...who have not even begun to be tested in their lives...need to live only this small length of time with Lois or Steve and that's it. It's what I always thought. Lois/Clark and Steve/Diana are fair weather relationships ...they don't test the heroes in any real way. At worse Diana has to lose her immortality...to be with him. Superman...well he and Lois is just stuck in one place in time but yet these are the greatest pairings ever. In reality it's stories that don't get to go anywhere. So I find this argument shortsighted. Than god the new 52 rebooted the stupid you ground me...I can't do anything and be anything unless you hold my hand, brush my teeth and make me drink my milk, Lois.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnqestion said:

@batshrine said:

@drgnx said:

@batshrine said:

@drgnx said:

@batshrine said:

What you can apply to Superman as well. No real build up to the kiss in JL# 12. So far two arcs with only Superman villains. She being to be dismissive of Superman's choice to be Clark Kent. Oh lets not forget when is nagging at him in the middle of battle. And you are now having The personification of Hope dating the God of War. Like they match.

With Batman you can introduce new villains to challenge WW and Bats. Ones that need both their abilities and skills. Plus it is doable to have Ra's or the Court of Owls or even the Joker to threaten Diana. Plus Superman and Batman have fought villains together. Why can't Diana with Bats.

No real build up? There has been build up for decades and big fat elseworlds like Kingdom Come. Bats will never get a real shot at Diana. Look at JL/U Beyond. Even the Bat you shipped her with...the irony...she couldn't get him and went off to hook up with another one from another earth. Making her seem desperate for some Bat. Not the man himself. Never mind she had her own mission and earth. Nope. She had to appease you batfanboys. God forbid Diana would have moved on from Batman and simply have her own life and even be back on her island ruling her people. Nope. She had to be Batgroupie somewhere, somehow...but the Bruce that rejected her she could not have. Because for one he was too obsessed with his mission and Selina. So next best thing? Another Bat. How absurd.

Plus whenever they tried bm/ww they never explored it. They could have back when they forced them to suck face. But they went down the dream machine and then the crappy Blackest Night. SM/WW on the other hand are getting exploration and it is working. You can't come tell me Diana has to be Batman's based on the shallow stories they churned out with them. If that is the case then every woman they paired batman up with should be with him. Zatanna, Black Canary. Lois. Hell they'd be more realistic and they wouldn't have to jump hoops to prove it can work.

You want the Joker threaten Diana? Yeah WW fans will be impressed by that. Diana herself would wipe that clown off the face of the earth and batman would cry. Let's have repeat issues of Wondy lifting boulders over batman, flying batman, breaking down doors for him,and being the pretty smitten jock while he's the brain. That will go down well.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If will they two gonna to make baby.. then... why not ?

carterleavyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This my last statement about the topic. BM/WW relationship make as much since as a kilowog making out with Catwoman!

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By DianaXKal

I have never seen so much hate for anything in my life. It's hilarious.

To the topic title: Of course they should be together!

el_contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I agree that it makes more sense than Superman and Lois. I think that Clark+Lois is a little played out and difficult to make interesting and believable. If anything I think Supes+Wondy is more risky for Diana's character than Kal's. She's never had strong love interests, not for the last few decades at least. The whole Amazon thing makes it hard to pair her up with anyone, male or female, superhero or not. My favorite works with Wondy always had her flying solo, however I'm fine with her hooking up with Superman. The Zod fight in their series was pretty wild, though overall I'm not impressed with the run.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have preferred Maxima lol but I have no problem with the pairing (when it's written well).

Avatar image for killerinstinct4588
    killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's still early and most people are enjoying it... including me :)

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised New 52 didn't consider making Diana not like men at all. I mean, she comes from an island where the Amazons lure men to breed with them, then kill them, and then if they have sons, they send the boys off to be Hephaestus' slaves. That is not a classic breeding ground for hetero-sexual leaning women. I don't think DC has the 'cojones' to make Wonder Woman the quintessential Amazon, and give HER a girlfriend.

RedWolf9501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's about time that they did put them together. Lois was always the damsel in distress, and could hardly understand Superman. She felt like a forced attempt at making Superman feel human, which is already well done with his upbringing by humble humans, reflection into life and mortality (which is done by humans), and his very humble, human lifestyle (outside of being a superhero). They have always ended together, one way or another. You would either get an elseworld story, or actual stories that were canon where his shows his interest. This article is actually one that summarizes it all very well, but I would like to see the relationship be a permanent thing for them both. Whether they break up for a while, then get back together, or just stay together, preferably the latter. http://www.the-fanboy-perspective.com/why-im-all-for-the-superman-and-wonder-woman-romance.html

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's about time that they did put them together. Lois was always the damsel in distress, and could hardly understand Superman. She felt like a forced attempt at making Superman feel human, which is already well done with his upbringing by humble humans, reflection into life and mortality (which is done by humans), and his very humble, human lifestyle (outside of being a superhero). They have always ended together, one way or another. You would either get an elseworld story, or actual stories that were canon where his shows his interest. This article is actually one that summarizes it all very well, but I would like to see the relationship be a permanent thing for them both. Whether they break up for a while, then get back together, or just stay together, preferably the latter. http://www.the-fanboy-perspective.com/why-im-all-for-the-superman-and-wonder-woman-romance.html

I agree

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never really cared for either Superman's nor Wonder Woman's romances. Whenever Lois is mentioned nobody thinks about her character, she is identified as 'Superman's girl'. Same goes for Steve and that other blond I don't remember.

When I hear Superman and Wonder Woman being an item, I know there is potential. But I doubt DC will follow through. Even now it's pretty clear that they were only together because of a ploy DC is trying to do, not because they believe them as an actual couple.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is another way to look at, if Superman were to let's say become a cosmic level being and I mean like Spectre and maybe Endless level beyond that of a god, and were to meet a female being on his level, would there be any objection to him breaking with Diana and date this new character? In other words Diana is no longer able to be viewed as his equal do you , the SM/WW fans, would object to SM seeking some else?

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is another way to look at, if Superman were to let's say become a cosmic level being and I mean like Spectre and maybe Endless level beyond that of a god, and were to meet a female being on his level, would there be any objection to him breaking with Diana and date this new character? In other words Diana is no longer able to be viewed as his equal do you , the SM/WW fans, would object to SM seeking some else?

i saw this exact same questioned posted on cbr and loled hard.

1 keep dreaming, they already showed diana becoming a comsic level being in futures end and dc is never going to let ww, the first iconic female super, play second fiddle to any other female

2 entertaining this hypothetical notion, it would take retconning the fact that diana is currently a god for this to make sense first off. as for if this convoluted hypothetical scenario would cause smww fans to object, hell to the yeah. but the reasoning would be completely justified in that this scenario makes no sense moreso then diana not being his equal. in order for that to happen, you basically have to negate the years of comics showing that she has been dc's second top gun(which has been reiterated in the new 52 ie superman and ww being immune to the amazo virus in jl). and lastly this whole scenario is made up to imply that smww is based solely on power when that's not the case. there bond stems from being similar yet different. despite coming from two different worlds, they have so much in common. yet the differences they do have makes their similarities that much more significant.

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:

Whenever Lois is mentioned nobody thinks about her character, she is identified as 'Superman's girl'.

That's... kinda what she's been for the better part of her existence. Either that, or his damsel in distress or foil. Much like Alfred is thought of as Batman's butler and not really his own character.

When I hear Superman and Wonder Woman being an item, I know there is potential. But I doubt DC will follow through. Even now it's pretty clear that they were only together because of a ploy DC is trying to do,

Telling new types of stories and exploring the narrative avenues of other relationships for their characters is a ploy?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say hell yes....count that vote

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnqestion: I agree Lois has been played out. The stories that this couple could bring to the table would be simply amazing. Batman and her seem forced at best plus I only like Batman in the JL.

Please leave batman to Cat Women or Lois for all I care.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been waiting YEARS for these two to be a couple---and now I've FINALLY got what I wanted.

So yes, Yes, YES it's cool Superman and Wonder Woman are together!!

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasontodd13: always wanted this couple to work. Such good chemistry. Like any good story you can really do allot with this pair.

No lame over used drama that's for sure.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: seriously that description is the diametral opposite of what can actually be found in the comic book which is zero chemistry between them and a ton of bad relationship clichés.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By arthurkerr

@foamborn: well if that is zero then wow wish I had such a zero with my ex we would still be going strong. Bottom line for me and allot of others we also vote by buying the book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.