Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18881 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman and Wonder Woman, should they be together or not?

• 144 results
    War07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By War07

@JasonTodd13: Maxima is also another woman I want to see in Superman's Love life.It would awesome to see Maxima and Wonderwoman fighting eachother for superman.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By JasonTodd13

@War07: yes, Maxima looks hot.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Sovereign91001

Hell to the yes!

I love the relationship between the two, Wonder Woman offers him something that no other woman he's dated before can she understands him; his life as a superhero, she's in the trenches with him, his isolation as the last of his kind, she is as well.

In turn there are enough differences between them to keep the relationship interesting; their differing cultural views; his life as Clark away from being Superman, their differing temperaments: hers hot, his cool, etc.

I'm glad DC decided to pull the trigger on this thing unlike the teases on the last go 'round, hopefully the fan support will help make it a long lasting status quo.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By colonyofcells

Superman should also hook up with Lana Lang, Lori Lemaris, Lyla Lerrol, Luma Lynai, Faora, and Chloe Sullivan.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#55  Edited By TheCannon

I don't think they should be dating. I have no problem not having Lois with supes, but I just don't like the idea of their most iconic character dating their most iconic female character. I have no problem with superheroes dating as long as it makes sense. But this doesn't. It's just...... strange.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By cloudzackvincent

i am all for the relationship. However i don't think they will ever have a child in canon.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By Lvenger

No they should not. Lois and Clark might be stale but in countless Elseworlds stories, there's been a Superman/Wonder Woman romance. Besides their relationship in the New 52 so far has been appalling. They have no chemistry, their dialogue is staler than an old biscuit and aside from Johns in Justice League, this relationship has hardly any status quo ramifications. I'd have preferred a new love interest who Clark actually gets on with. At least in the 2nd volume of Superman: Earth One, there was an interesting love interest.

wondergirl246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By wondergirl246

I have mixed feelings about it.

Honestly, it "makes sense" for them to be together. Superman has more in common with Wonder Woman than with Lois. They are physically comparable, so there's no creepy question mark around sex.

And it's not a new idea either. Frank Miller has paired them a couple of times, most notably in The Dark Knight Strikes Again (which was awful). They've been paired and had children in a few other Elseworld stories, but none were that good IMHO.

Frankly I don't think it's a great idea outside of Elseworld. A canonical long-term pairing between them would ruin their individual storylines. They're adversaries and settings are just so different. They don't mesh well. Supes and Diana pair up great in stories designed for it, neither makes sense as a regular presence in the other's world.

People would rightly be interested in what their kids would be like, and again, Elseworld comics have explored this. I've even written fan fiction on the subject. Regardless, it wouldn't work as canon. My hope is that this pairing is just a temporary exploration that fizzles out.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By Squalleon

@wondergirl246 said:

And it's not a new idea either. Frank Miller has paired them a couple of times, most notably in The Dark Knight Strikes Again (which was awful). They've been paired and had children in a few other Elseworld stories, but none were that good IMHO.

So... Kingdom Come wasn't good?Because they had a kid there and the releationship was great just like the comic!

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SmashBrawler

No, they shouldn't.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Press Oblivion

New era lots of changes . . . . lets see what happens. Perhaps this could be the romance of the end of time.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JasonTodd13

@Press Oblivion: i would like to see that.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By OutlawRenegade

No

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By darkman61288

I hate the pairing with a passion. I think that beings as powerful as they are should be with normal humans. If the writers don't want to do Lois at the beginning fine but not Wonder Woman. And they can try something different with Clark and Lois' s romance like they no longer work together. The only time the sm/ww thing work is after Lois and Diana' s husband died.In fact in most stories in which Sm/WW happened Superman was with Lois before.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BlackWind

I honestly hate the idea. It's too obvious.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Squalleon

@BlackWind said:

I honestly hate the idea. It's too obvious.

reading alan moore arent you

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BlackWind

@Squalleon: The writer is inconsequential. From the moment I found out who the Trinity were, it was plain to me seeing them in a relationship wouldn't be for me.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Squalleon

@BlackWind said:

@Squalleon: The writer is inconsequential. From the moment I found out who the Trinity were, it was plain to me seeing them in a relationship wouldn't be for me.

you didnt get me! i was refferencing a book

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BlackWind

@Squalleon: I'll have to punish myself for not getting ithe reference.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Squalleon

@BlackWind said:

@Squalleon: I'll have to punish myself for not getting ithe reference.

YES YES YES..........i...........well i will have to keep my sadistic urges in check!

I forgive you for not getting the refference :-P

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By JasonTodd13

superman with a human has been overused for too long, i mean he will eventually outlive the human hes with, right? his romance with a human is limited, but if hes with someone like wonder woman, the skys the limit, new ideas and horizons can be reached, interesting stories can be made from this new romance. Plus he wouldnt have to worry about accidently killing wonder woman in the heat of the moment like he does with lois.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By darkman61288

It doesn't make sense on a business level as well. WW has this rep for being a copy of Superman which hurts her in the public eye. Pairing her with him will make it worst. Secondly, her comics don't usually sell as well as the other trinity members. If that's the case pair her up with Batman after all he is DC' s most popular hero. He basically has the most fans, they could become WW fans and increase her sales.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#73  Edited By knighthood

Not interested. Howbout hook her up with Nightwing? I think that help both books sell more.

I'm joking.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By darkman61288

Funny but you get my point.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SandMan_

Sure, why not? You people complain about everything dammit. Enjoy it or look for something else to read until is over.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76  Edited By TheCrowbar

@SandMan_ said:

Sure, why not? You people complain about everything dammit. Enjoy it or look for something else to read until is over.

I WANT SUPERMAN'S UNDERPANTS! HE SEES ENGLAND HE SEE FRANCE WE SHOULD ATLEAST GET TO SEE HIS UNDERPANTS!

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, this is like a soap opera. Should Kal be with Lois or Diana? Fan are at the edge of their seats. Actually, Kal is the new Archie! Lets go Betty and Veronica.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SandMan_
    @TheCrowbar:
    zeejaybay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By zeejaybay

I don't care for either woman. I think he should be with Batman for reasons.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Press Oblivion

Superman and Wonder Woman should be together . . . . all the time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeejaybay said:

I don't care for either woman. I think he should be with Batman for reasons.

We already have that with Midnighter and Apollo, considering they are variations of the 2 and their relationship. Though Power girl and Huntress might be interesting ...

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By JasonTodd13

whats with people who dont stick to the thread topic?

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By darkman61288

Not

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deaditegonzo

Ive always wanted this, but ive also really respected Superman's ability to say no even though Diana, who in Canon is supposed to be almost the perfect woman, came onto him a lot (like after the thousand years war). I think their physical compatibility is totally obvious, but the tragic nature of them also being a perfect match emotionally (like how they understand how the other feels more than any other person could), made the unrequited love and the "what ifs" all the more potent to myself as a reader. I also think it could have been an interesting story, the one time he betrayed his small town morals was the worst and most destructive, Superman having an affair with Wonder Woman.

And now we get to see the "what ifs", "What if Superman and Diana had become close before Clark and Lois ever really did?". Frankly, im tired of Lois Lane, and I also felt it was more his commitment and loyalty that kept him with Lois with Diana hanging around. And since DC already split them up, what is the point of wasting another 80 years having Superman pursue her?! Let him be his own man! Sheesh. Lois is dating around, a lot, why should Supes be home pining for her?

Id like to see a few things come of this: 1) I want it to really be the new status quo.

2) Id ultimately like WW to be the woman Supes settles down with.

3) Id kind of like to see him dating around a bit before just being married in an event comic and never getting the chance to explore that side of his character. Once again, I do want him and WW to get together in the end, and have a Super Wonder Boy. Thatd be awesome.

4) THE WRITERS NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE STATUS QUO! Only Lobdell even seems to be trying. The WW writer seems to be writing his own fanfic having NOTHING to with the main universe, Johns finally gave it one page, this is a huge part of Superman's current story, it needs to be treated as such.

I rambled but it is because this is one of the things I feel the most strongly about, but cant quite articulate the full range of my feelings towards the issue (like Powergirls new portrayal).

Frito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Frito

They sure made Diana into this little bitch. Superman can do whatever. I am on board with the pairing, not how they characterize Wonder Woman.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By batshrine

I honestly think its a bad idea. WW would never go for a guy stronger than her but she would go for a guy as stubborn as she is. I think she is a much better match for Batman than Superman. Plus she is way too violent for Superman's tastes, personality wise they just don't mesh. And this definitely feels like a masogynistic approach, the whole point of WW for me is that she doesn't need a man to protect her. And lets face it everyone think Superman is stronger and he has always been shown that way, and they have a very similar power set (super strength and flight) and its just screams typical.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By JasonTodd13

@batshrine: Diana would break batmans pelvis in the heat of the moment.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Squalleon

@batshrine said:

I honestly think its a bad idea. WW would never go for a guy stronger than her but she would go for a guy as stubborn as she is. I think she is a much better match for Batman than Superman. Plus she is way too violent for Superman's tastes, personality wise they just don't mesh. And this definitely feels like a masogynistic approach, the whole point of WW for me is that she doesn't need a man to protect her. And lets face it everyone think Superman is stronger and he has always been shown that way, and they have a very similar power set (super strength and flight) and its just screams typical.

Most Bat-Fans like the Bat/Diana pair but i think that is because of nostalgia -P(JL cartoon) ! This pair is one of the pairs that i never liked,completely incompatible!

I really don't like how Diana one of the most attractive and clever women of DC was being treated in this relationship!

For me the ultimate pair is Bat and the Cat!

@JasonTodd13 said:

@batshrine: Diana would break batmans pelvis in the heat of the moment.

Lol! thats the least of the problems of this relationship !

Funcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Funcake
    @sumafatrider said:

plus how do superman and lois lane sleep together,the whole thing is about lossing control wont he kill her atleast with wonderwoman it makes sense.

This! We all must be educated enough to know about things belongs to a relationchip and a normal human would die in some parts of it. C´mon we don´t are in the 50ies anymore!
    JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By JasonTodd13

@Squalleon: yeah, batman is mostly emotionally constipated most of the time.

SamRevlon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By SamRevlon

I think at some point, every character will eventually be with every character. Double play on words, but chyeah. I can see them being a pairing, simply because it hasn't really been explored before. (At least not that I know of!)

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Skewer

I'd be a bit more supportive, but I still have bad memories of the dark knight strikes again which is something I prefer to forget.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Epicbeast3000

I still don't get it, doesn't wonder woman have the beauty of aphrodite. Louis is hot sure, but Diana is like goddess level hot. Superman should just throw louis in the sun and have fun with Diana. Plus if superman bones louis at full strength, loius's vagina is ripped open, while diana will be fine and be able to carry supes' child, while the superstrength of superman's kid would rip Louis's belly.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By BlackWind

@JasonTodd13: Not to mention Diana will outlive Batman. Wonder Woman just flat out doesn't fit into Batman's world. Diana doesn't need to be another paramour of Batman's, he doesn't have his sh*t together to mess with a woman like Diana.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By JasonTodd13

@BlackWind: Spot on, that is very true. I agree with you there.

shacoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By shacoman

Nah, superman and wonderwoman aren't the couple type i'd rather see wonderwoman with batman.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shacoman said:

Nah, superman and wonderwoman aren't the couple type i'd rather see wonderwoman with batman.

This

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batshrine said:

Well.... she has dated/married Superman (in different realities), and it looks like DC is considering having her dating Orion... and in one continuity she actually married a god, so dating power houses who potentially rival her strength is actual not that foreign.

Honestly, Catwoman is Batman's match: Dark, broken, and shady...

Why would WW want some guy who sulks and skulks in the shadows when Steve and Superman or even Orion are nothing like that? I actually think she does not like guys in masks ... 0_o" ... has she and Batman ever dated in any reality? The best I recall was Batman showing he really cared for her in the animated series.

I think at this point, she is off limits to the rest of the JL, less DC wants to weather the backlash of her being passed around.

No Caption Provided

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

The chemistry's there but I prefer their friendship since I'm more of a Clark & Lois fan. Either way though, it is nice seeing Clark and Diana having scenes together.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

@batshrine said:

Well.... she has dated/married Superman (in different realities), and it looks like DC is considering having her dating Orion... and in one continuity she actually married a god, so dating power houses who potentially rival her strength is actual not that foreign.

Honestly, Catwoman is Batman's match: Dark, broken, and shady...

Why would WW want some guy who sulks and skulks in the shadows when Steve and Superman or even Orion are nothing like that? I actually think she does not like guys in masks ... 0_o" ... has she and Batman ever dated in any reality? The best I recall was Batman showing he really cared for her in the animated series.

I think at this point, she is off limits to the rest of the JL, less DC wants to weather the backlash of her being passed around.

So I do know Superman and Wonder Woman have dated on different realities but I never enjoyed it, and I especially don't enjoy it now that it became canon (though I am loving how the fact they are together has elements of the end of reality).

As for dating Orion, I actually think thats perfect. They are both "gods" and I'll be honest I don't think Orion is stronger than Wonder Woman, I think they are equal, which fits with Diana being a powerful woman not needing a man to protect her. Superman is stronger and it creates that power stronger that women should only date guys stronger, smarter, better than them. And to give you a heads up Batman and Wonder Woman were into each other in many realities. In fact read Wonder Woman's Blackest Night tie ins to see how she felt about Bruce. They even kissed in JLA: Obsidian Age.

As for why Batman and Wonder Woman are a good match, opposites attract. Though they aren't total opposites, he has his strong morals, doesn't waver from them (Superman although a "boy scout" has been known to waver from his morals), and he also has a violent side. Plus Batman rivals Wonder Woman in combat since well they are both well trained fighters.

In the end though I am not arguing that they should be together, in fact I find the appeal in the Batman/Wonder Woman relationship that they have attraction to each other, I am even willing to let it get to love though they keep their distance for professional reasons. I am just arguing that Batman would be a better fit than Superman. You bring up Orion and Steve Trevor and both are also much better fits than Superman.

My overall argument is that by pairing Superman and Wonder Woman together you get the Jock dating the Cheerleader dynamic, and lets be honest, Wonder Woman is not a cheerleader, she is WAY better than that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.