Superman and Wonder Woman, should they be together or not?

  • 132 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Wonder Woman have officially kissed in the New 52, but the questions remains, should they be a couple? should they date?

I personally think they should date and be a couple, it will be a change from the overused Lois Lane relationship, that Superman had in the comics. Plus if superman and wonder Woman have children, they practically become a part of the next generation of heroes.

the kiss....again
#2 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. They really seem to be pushing away Lois Lane as an interest. And, having talked to multiple people who don't read comics, I know a lot of people who have always assumed that Wonder Woman and Superman were always a couple. Might as well actually give them a run together. Hell, that's always been more believable to me than one of them with a normal person. It would also be interesting to explore if the relationship affected their views on the world, since both of them can be seen as being very above or distant from normal people, and together wouldn't have the typical mortal tether to normal people.

#3 Posted by Squalleon (4610 posts) - - Show Bio

I always liked that couple so not a problem with me.

Also it would be boring to have Clark with Lois so soon in the new (now old) 52

Online
#4 Posted by PowerHerc (83539 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

Superman and Lois as a couple is so stale and played out it's beyond description.

#5 Posted by SoA (4833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

I always liked that couple so not a problem with me.

Also it would be boring to have Clark with Lois so soon in the new (now old) 52

@PowerHerc said:

Yes.

Superman and Lois as a couple is so stale and played out it's beyond description.

to me it would be like jean and cyclops (or for you new kids emma and cyclops ) the definition of a power couple lol

Online
#6 Posted by Z3RO180 (6538 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes why not I made a thread earlyer about what i think DC should do with lois and with that they should make her have other interactions with other characters outside of the superman titles. And the exact same can be sayed for supes plus they kind of suit each other Clark and Diana i mean.

#7 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are Superman and Wonder Woman fans after my own heart!

I just think that the story of their budding romance could be more fleshed out.

#8 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

Superman and Wonder Woman have officially kissed in the New 52, but the questions remains, should they be a couple? should they date?

I personally think they should date and be a couple, it will be a change from the overused Lois Lane relationship, that Superman had in the comics. Plus if superman and wonder Woman have children, they practically become a part of the next generation of heroes.

the kiss....again

which issue is this kiss from

#9 Posted by War07 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN: Superman #14

#10 Posted by sumafatrider (59 posts) - - Show Bio

plus how do superman and lois lane sleep together,the whole thing is about lossing control wont he kill her atleast with wonderwoman it makes sense

dont you guyz agree or is it just me and my dirty mind

#11 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@Squalleon said:

I always liked that couple so not a problem with me.

Also it would be boring to have Clark with Lois so soon in the new (now old) 52

@PowerHerc said:

Yes.

Superman and Lois as a couple is so stale and played out it's beyond description.

to me it would be like jean and cyclops (or for you new kids emma and cyclops ) the definition of a power couple lol

Ugh I just felt my age...

Also you can have a close intimate relationship without sex.

#12 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure you can, that's what friends are for . . . you know without the kissing.

@sumafatrider said:

plus how do superman and lois lane sleep together,the whole thing is about lossing control wont he kill her atleast with wonderwoman it makes sense

dont you guyz agree or is it just me and my dirty mind

Nope, not just yours . . . my dirty mind too.

#13 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Yes.

Superman and Lois as a couple is so stale and played out it's beyond description.

This.

Really, Lois wasn't even supposed to be a love interest at all originally, she was basically Superman's sidekick if anything during the Golden Age and start of the Silver Age.

Also, I think Clark and Diana have an interesting dynamic romantically speaking. Clark is an alien and Diana is a demigoddess, in the current continuity anyway, so it's really science fiction mixing with mythology and I for one think it's an avenue worth exploring.

#14 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally like this relationship. Yes it does need some development, but it could be awesome as time goes on

#15 Posted by Jean199999 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude is still young, let him have fun with a few super powered hotties, we all know Lois is the endgame.

#16 Posted by KEROGA (991 posts) - - Show Bio

sexy couple lol

#17 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana is also the last of her kind like Clark is from a lost world. She is the last amazon. . . . for now at least. Hera turned her people into snakes and her mother to clay, for all intents and purposes, they are dead.

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

Really, Lois wasn't even supposed to be a love interest at all originally, she was basically Superman's sidekick if anything during the Golden Age and start of the Silver Age.

I never heard this. It's awesome news!

#18 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion: Yeah I've read some reprints of those GA and early SA stories and while Lois and Clark DID go out outside of work, it was more like a friendly,

"I'm not doing and you're not doing anything wanna go somewhere?"

#19 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA said:

sexy couple lol

they will have sexy babies.

#20 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

These two are apparently DC Comics power couple. Be interesting to see how far in a possible relationship that Superman and Wonder Woman will go. I would like to see what their children be like, half kryptonian and half amazon, their children would be the power houses of the next generation of heroes.

#21 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the Superman titles and Wonder Woman title not to crossover so they should not have any romance.

#22 Posted by SoA (4833 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: i don't see it, but when did i say anything about superman and WW being sensual???

Online
#23 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: Sorry for the confusion, only the first part is towards you.

#24 Posted by SoA (4833 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: oh ok lol

Online
#25 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: Why dont you want the titles to cross over, and why no romance between them?

#26 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Each title is more accessible to new customers if there are no crossovers. Crossovers can be limited to the team books or event books. Writers will have more freedom if their stories don't get interrupted by crossovers.

#27 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

my $.02..Superman and WW makes more sense...and yes, how do Lois and Clark have sex has probably crossed everyone's mind, (whether they admit it or not), but not when I'm reading the comic, when you read comics, disbelief is suspended. . I can go either way. If it's with Lois, then my traditional side is happy..if it's WW...my "logical" side is happy.

#28 Posted by ShowboatingPenguin (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13: Aren't humans and kryptonians are incapable of having children, ESPECIALLY a demigoddess, or did they change that in the New 52?

#29 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShowboatingPenguin: Wonder Woman isnt human, shes an amazon (demi goddess in the new 52), therefore she can have a kryptonian child, in Kingdom Come she was pregnant with supermans kid, and in The Dark knight Strikes back, she and superman have a daughter named lara, and she got pregnant again. So to answer your question, Superman and Wonder Woman can have children together.

#30 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

These two are apparently DC Comics power couple.

You know, see that is exactly why I think the relationship is stupid. The main drive behind the idea isn't the chemistry or history or themes they have in common. It's simply this notion that they are the king and queen of superheroes and so belong together, which is basically the single dumbest idea for a relationship since Marvel said "Hey this Black Panther needs a date. Lets give him the most famous black heroine we can find."

#31 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: I dont think its about that they need to be together like you said, I call them a power couple because they both have super strength, I am just saying they have never done a reltionship like this before between the two characters in the Main Continuity.

#32 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

@AtPhantom: I dont think its about that they need to be together like you said, I call them a power couple because they both have super strength, I am just saying they have never done a reltionship like this before between the two characters in the Main Continuity.

No, but they have tried...

It didnt work

#33 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

@AtPhantom: I dont think its about that they need to be together like you said, I call them a power couple because they both have super strength, I am just saying they have never done a reltionship like this before between the two characters in the Main Continuity.

My point still stands though.

#34 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: well everyone has their different views.

#35 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is 27... not sure how young you consider that.

No superman shouldn't be with Wonder Woman... the reason being said by Wonder Woman back in the 90s when Superman and Wonder Woman went on a date to Olympus.

#36 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Wonder Woman is actually still fairly new in Superman's love life, Lois has just been used too many times, I just dont anyone else other than Wonder Woman for Superman at this moment.

#37 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

Well, Wonder Woman is actually still fairly new in Superman's love life, Lois has just been used too many times, I just dont anyone else other than Wonder Woman for Superman at this moment.

Here here!

#38 Posted by Binski (647 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes has my full support to be with Wonder Woman...lucky bastard.

#39 Posted by Lord Shiva (794 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all for Clark and Diana as a couple. Lois has always bored me.

#40 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm... Stay single Supes!

#41 Posted by JohnnyGat (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I wish the Trinity would stay out of each others pants. But that's just me.

#42 Posted by Swordsman83 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

yes i like the idea of a power couple.

#43 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

There ain't much I can say that hasn't been said already, so I'll just add that I all for the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship.

#44 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

for your viewing consideration.

#45 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

Honestly I wish the Trinity would stay out of each others pants. But that's just me.

#46 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunhawk: Lol, thats funny.

#47 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

Honestly I wish the Trinity would stay out of each others pants. But that's just me.

now if only Wonder Woman had pants.

#48 Posted by ComicStooge (12807 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

Honestly I wish the Trinity would stay out of each others pants. But that's just me.

THIS.

I see nothing wrong with just having Clark and Lois together.

#49 Posted by MizariSeth (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally agree with that. I think they must remain like a couple in order to get something different in the book.

#50 Posted by LexLuthor (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

I see nothing wrong with just having Clark and Lois together.

Yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.