Superman and suns?

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6703 posts) - - Show Bio

So ike all superman fans i know about that differnt suns have differnt afects on his powers like a yellow one gives him his powers and he slowly become more powerful and a red sun slowly drains his powers. But what about a blue sun does that only make him Stronger or does it affect all his powers and not just his strengh? also in the animated all star super man when the sun becomes blue why does superman turn it yellow again cause i thought a blue sun was better for him?

#2 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

It gives him a type of vision,That gives other characters his powers for a certain amount of time and increases his abilities.

#3 Posted by Deranged Midget (17961 posts) - - Show Bio

A blue sun is said to amplify his power. To what extent is unkown. Other suns(excluding red), quasars, etc would either severely amplify his power or introduce new abilities into his power set.

#4 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Red sun freeze his powers.

Blue sun does amp him up to levels beyond a yellow sun. One power introduces in Escape from Bizarro World was 'Superman Vision'. He used it on his father by accident and his father had powers like himself.

#5 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10465 posts) - - Show Bio

If I recall correctly, the blue sun recently sapped Kara's powers

#6 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

If I recall correctly, the blue sun recently sapped Kara's powers

Well that's. . . stupid. Although sunlight supposedly effects male and female kryptonians differently (biology be damned), so we have to wait to see how it will effect Superman, though I wouldn't think the differences would be that great.

#7 Posted by Dernman (15632 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like this different suns different effect thing. I also hope they stick with only green Kryptonite.

#8 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

A blue sun is said to amplify his power. To what extent is unkown. Other suns(excluding red), quasars, etc would either severely amplify his power or introduce new abilities into his power set.

#9 Posted by Dernman (15632 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya I heard a blue sun had a better effect on Superman not sure if that was always true though. I could have sworn the Blue sun was Bizzaro's thing. Maybe I'm thinking about an old cartoon. *Shrugs*

#10 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Ya I heard a blue sun had a better effect on Superman not sure if that was always true though. I could have sworn the Blue sun was Bizzaro's thing. Maybe I'm thinking about an old cartoon. *Shrugs*

Well I remember in a story that a blue sun gave him increased physical attributes and the ability to temporarily imbue other people with Superman-like powers. It also allowed Bizarro to create other Bizarro-like creatures.

#11 Posted by Dernman (15632 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:

@Dernman said:

Well I remember in a story that a blue sun gave him increased physical attributes and the ability to temporarily imbue other people with Superman-like powers. It also allowed Bizarro to create other Bizarro-like creatures.

Yeah that second part I do remember.
#12 Posted by azza04 (1492 posts) - - Show Bio

What I don't like about the suns thing is that when he's away from a yellow sun he loses his powers :s how do you go from the power of a demi god to normal human just because the suns light is red..... and for the OP Superman changed the sun from Blue back to Yellow because the blue sun would have severaly damaged Earth over time. I believe Blue suns actually put out alot more heat (although i could be wrong).

#13 Posted by Z3RO180 (6703 posts) - - Show Bio

@azza04: thanks for that.When i saw the movie the sun thing did confuse me.

#14 Posted by toptom (1260 posts) - - Show Bio

@azza04 said:

What I don't like about the suns thing is that when he's away from a yellow sun he loses his powers :s how do you go from the power of a demi god to normal human just because the suns light is red..... and for the OP Superman changed the sun from Blue back to Yellow because the blue sun would have severaly damaged Earth over time. I believe Blue suns actually put out alot more heat (although i could be wrong).

no you are not. blu stars and white stars are hotter thatn yellow ones

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.