Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman 38# your thoughts? spoilers allow

• 68 results
    Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zandalf

@foamborn said:

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

Well, he did say he couldn't control it. He will get more proficient in its use as time goes by, though I only see him using it in a smaller scale or as a last resort.

But he could at least show some remorse. It's not the most practical superpower but it's a new superpower nonetheless so congratulations to all of you, all our favorite Superheroes look like a bunch of nobodies compared to him

Oh god you are annoying.Really.

WW looks like a nobody next to him just to you. It doesn't matter that this power isn't impressive by any means,it doesn't matter that WW is quite strong,fast and durable on her own and that she can fight with 2 trained kryptonians while Superman can't,it doesn't matter that she is one of the best combattant in the dc universe,it doesn't matter that she possesses an indestructible magic lasso plus a magic sword that can e-a-s-i-l-y cut Superman into pieces. It doesn't matter because you want her to be as strong and as fast as Superman plus with her superior weaponry and insane fighting skills: you don't ask for equality you crave superiority for your character, and that is just hypocrisy.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tensor said:

@termiteone4ever: I agree because he has had better display. We just have to wait and see. This is just to use for the future later down.

Agree

lets wait and see

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By The_Kidd

@dernman said:

The whole issue was meh. It would be funny if Jimmy doesn't believe Clark is Superman because he's still powerless. :p

This.

@z3ro180 said:

I liked it but I don't like the 24 hour thing and being human thing for a day.

Me to, the hero loses his powers and is forced to become in tune with his inner humanity is such a horrible overused cliche it gave me flashbacks of Smallville.

Well the Machinist is back and he is the best thing about this run.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@the_kidd said:

The guy at the end isn't the Machinist. But the unknown figure behind Clark's life.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

The guy at the end isn't the Machinist. But the unknown figure behind Clark's life.

Thanks I just went through #34 to check again.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: you are completly right this is a story arc setting up future storys but like you said it is enjoyable and next to unchained the one of two best solo superman storys so far.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@squalleon: I think I'll just quote myself here:

"Now it seems like it'll be a plot device. 'Superman uses huge burst of energy, technique only moderately helps the greater situation, superman has inspired human friends and people he's protected to come to his rescue in light of his lack of powers, through some means they survive just long enough for Superman to regain some of his power in order to save the day'

That's what I suspect this'll come down to."

MoSsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: I think I went a little overboard there but I don't like the fact that it leaves him powerless. I feel like Johns did this to write a "humanized" Clark Kent and I hope it's to make him appreciate his powers and not be like "I like being human because my powers are a burden".

MoSsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MoSsuperman

@foamborn: I'm a Superman fan but I would like Wonder Woman to be equally strong like both capable of lifting up Islands strong (like Superman Returns). As for her God Mode I would like to think of it as evening the playing field for Superman's other abilities but your right in the fact that writers have been downplaying her God-Mode. I would like for her to call down lighting and cause serious damage like Superman's new power. Now back to the topic I'm also not a fan of the new power he now has.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i expect supe to master this power quickly like smaller scale super flare attack that make him weaker but doesn't lose his power and using it when he is sun dip that way he only loses his extra power

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just 1 question though why is it Batman explaining his Kryptonian physiology and not say maybe Kara

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@squalleon: I know plenty of people who have stayed away from this book purely because they hate Romita's art, but you're telling me that Geoff expected people to want to see Romita draw Batman?

Ooookay. I wish they would've given Romita to Batman to begin with.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By FoamBorn

Just 1 question though why is it Batman explaining his Kryptonian physiology and not say maybe Kara

Because Batman is omniscient.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By STELIOS23

@foamborn said:

@stelios23 said:

Because Batman is omniscient.

lmao maybe

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I really hate John's right now, He did exactly what I thought he'd do, return Clark to the Daily Planet. F**k the story potential of sensationalism in news and how bloggers and whistle blowers are more honest and help change things than major media outlets. F**k showing the troubles/rise of their blog! F**k showing them work with/against Lois! Nope! Let's just bring him back to that safe little bubble with the repetitive song and dance he's done forever!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By buttersdaman000

Romita Jr. can't draw to scale at all lol

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hate John's right now, He did exactly what I thought he'd do, return Clark to the Daily Planet. F**k the story potential of sensationalism in news and how bloggers and whistle blowers are more honest and help change things than major media outlets. F**k showing the troubles/rise of their blog! F**k showing them work with/against Lois! Nope! Let's just bring him back to that safe little bubble with the repetitive song and dance he's done forever!

took the words right out of my mouth.

and then people wonder why supes stops being dc big draw, it's bs repetition for the sake of nostalgia. i really hope with the looser continuity after convergence alllows the new creative to just disregard this whole story(like johns does to every writer when he hops on a book).

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@saint_wildcard said:

and then people wonder why supes stops being dc big draw, it's bs repetition for the sake of nostalgia. i really hope with the looser continuity after convergence alllows the new creative to just disregard this whole story(like johns does to every writer when he hops on a book).

I hope so, but honestly it's Johns isn't the only one who has ignored Clark being a blogger. I can't blame him when it comes to not using it, but the way he got Clark back to the daily and quit being a blogger was rushed and idiotic with no imagination. I'll try and reread these issues and make a thread with all the problems with it tomorrow.

Amazon03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Amazon03

@saint_wildcard said:

@kidstandout said:

@saint_wildcard said:

I hope so, but honestly it's Johns isn't the only one who has ignored Clark being a blogger. I can't blame him when it comes to not using it, but the way he got Clark back to the daily and quit being a blogger was rushed and idiotic with no imagination. I'll try and reread these issues and make a thread with all the problems with it tomorrow.

I see people repeat this here and on other forums, but why do people think the blog was ignored prior to Johns? Lobdell's first issue of writing of Superman (the annual) establishes how Clark feels about the news media and sets him up for quitting the Planet in #13. The same issue Cat quits and brings up the idea of her and Clark working together. After the H'el event, Cat makes a business meeting with Clark and proposes they co-own and work together on the blog she made. By Issue 21 Clark/Cat are working to get stories for the start up blog. Clark's scope on Sam Lane potentially being a part of the Senate gives a boost to their site. Then the Superman/Wonder Woman scope happens and their able to afford offices.

Lobdell doesn't ignore this plotline (since he created it). It appears sporadically throughout his run and is there towards the end. Soule also touches upon it in both the main story of Superman/Wonder Woman and in the back ups. Pak was the only who didn't develop it, and that's because at the time, he didn't need to, Soule and Lobdell were already covering it. Plus you have the events going on like Doomed. There was no down time for Clark to be working on the blog.

Now, I do I agree that more should have been done with it, and that Johns shouldn't have brought Clark back to the Planet, because it doesn't make sense from a development standpoint. Clark was the one who convinced Cat not to sell the blog to Morgan Edge and gave her hope to continue when she wanted to quit. Because of the events in Superman/Wonder Woman, the blog is successful and their is no reason for Clark to want to come back to the Planet. Johns also was not affected by the Doomed crossover and could have kept the plotline going, but he chose not to.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.