Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman #35 Preview SPOILERS FOR ISSUE 34

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Squalleon

More Daily Planet and aftermath of issue 34 READ FROM RIGHT TO LEFT

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I hope they don't kill Ulysses and The Machinist. Ulysses is great and new type of characters we never see in Superman comics meanwhile The Machinist is really smart genius villains which we need more for Superman smart genius villains beside Lex Luthor and Brainiac

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@squalleon: Hey you're back mate! Good to see you again! And interesting preview suffice to say, lots of good stuff here.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Nice. I really enjoy dialogue like Lois's closing line on page 3, that which speaks to the reality in the comic as well as actuality. Looking forward to the Superman title...It's a good feeling :)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: Hey you're back mate! Good to see you again! And interesting preview suffice to say, lots of good stuff here.

Good to be back :D I love what Johns is doing with Supes. I really want to see how he will handle the aftermath of issue 34.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they don't kill Ulysses and The Machinist. Ulysses is great and new type of characters we never see in Superman comics meanwhile The Machinist is really smart genius villains which we need more for Superman smart genius villains beside Lex Luthor and Brainiac

Johns said that Ulysses is going to stay for at least a year, I am sure if he gathers fans he will stay for a lot more ;)
    Superman's rogues have plenty of geniuses like Toyman, Prankster etc But The Machinist is so cool, evil and intimidating, definetely a nice addition to the gallery.

Nice. I really enjoy dialogue like Lois's closing line on page 3, that which speaks to the reality in the comic as well as actuality. Looking forward to the Superman title...It's a good feeling :)

Johns said issue 40 will be a Lois centric issue. Indeed it is refreshing to look forward to Superman for once :P

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Long live Geoff Johns Superman! Praise him!

Can't wait till next month: Pak, Johns and Tomasi all on the Superman book!

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I think Toyman is one of the most wasted Superman villains of all time along with Parasite.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Johns said issue 40 will be a Lois centric issue.

I know, i'm really excited for it! :D

@squalleon: I think Toyman is one of the most wasted Superman villains of all time along with Parasite.

mmhmm, was gonna add the Ultra humanite as one of those under used super geniuses as well but it seems Pak has plans for him, undead plans.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johns wrote a Toyman one shot in his pre-52 run, so if you like Johns' writing and Toyman you should check it out.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really liking Johns run. Even though she's only been in a few issues, his Lois Lane is characterized better than she has been for a while, imo.

The only issue I have is really a nitpick and it has to do with Ulysses. Is he really not strong enough to hold a ship up by himself? How is he supposed to reasonably hang with Superman??

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really liking Johns run. Even though she's only been in a few issues, his Lois Lane is characterized better than she has been for a while, imo.

The only issue I have is really a nitpick and it has to do with Ulysses. Is he really not strong enough to hold a ship up by himself? How is he supposed to reasonably hang with Superman??

Probably because the ship gave in and it would break. If you see the space Ulysses was pushing was giving in because of the pressure he put in this tiny place. Also unlike Superman, he may not have that tacticle telekinesis that makes Supes lift things without crambling on their own weight.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By toptom

@squalleon said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Probably because the ship gave in and it would break. If you see the space Ulysses was pushing was giving in because of the pressure he put in this tiny place. Also unlike Superman, he may not have that tacticle telekinesis that makes Supes lift things without crambling on their own weight.

Or maybe he isn't as strong as Superman,since he was defeated by him in just a move when he was mind controlled.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tell me later how it went.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More than Ulysses I'm really interested in that figure that keeps watching Superman on that screen. The way he talks about Supes, calling him Clark and actually interested in how he will act. It's strange and intriguing.

Ulysses and The Machinist have proven to be a great addition to Superman stories. I don't like the artwork at all, still would prefer Jim Lee a hundred times, but I'm nothing but adaptive. And I really hope he doesn't return to the Daily Planet. Because if he returns soon enough writers are gonna want to bring his other timelines romance with Lois and that would be terrible.

Let him do his thing on his own or with Cat, I don't really care either way, I just don't want Clark returning to the Planet.

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JRJR is lookin good here

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.