Superman #0 - Spoilers abound!

#1 Posted by Supes1903 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I was wondering what people thought of the reveal page in this issue. Discuss.

#2 Posted by Supes1903 (137 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Squalleon (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome costume!

#4 Posted by Supes1903 (137 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Lvenger (15969 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when can Superman travel through time? And did Superboy show up in Supergirl 0?

#6 Edited by Squalleon (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: He has a time bubble in the FoS.Even before the new 52.

#7 Posted by Lvenger (15969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: Ah maybe the Legion left it there for him?

#8 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I thnk this isn't Superboy,maybe is H'ell or another clone. Did you noticed the blackKryptonian? So the Vathlo island still exist?

#9 Posted by Lvenger (15969 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Well it wouldn't make sense for H'El to go back in time. And Lobdell said in 6 months, it would be explained why Superman would be going back in time. Also maybe he discovers the armour's functions hence the colour change in his armour?

#10 Posted by Supes1903 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know is, that costume coloring is amazing. I hope that's not the last time we see him in it.

#11 Edited by matchesmalone21 (7608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: he did not return in time, he was already there...since in Superboy O,it's said that clone experience exist millennia ago on Krypton and after the rebellion,they are destroyed,he's possibly one of the survivors, who created the Eradicator's cult. Actually Superman discoverthis,during a battle against Brainiac in Action Comics 5 or 6.

WHAT about Vathlo Island?

#12 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7608 posts) - - Show Bio

Morgan Freeman....LOL. He was God,Lucius Fox,a leader of assassins group,a retired CIA agent and now a Kryptonian scientist

#13 Posted by Supes1903 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

And he's of course the best narrator of anything in the history of ever.

#14 Posted by Z3RO180 (5942 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: iread the zero issue and i was right right about lobdell the zero issue was awesome i really liked it and hres hopeing his run is just as good

#15 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supes1903: LOL

@Z3RO180: I think it's good,but not at all...doesn't misunderstood me,okay? I liked because of the opne plots,so we can argue about it,like the Eradicators cults,black Kryptonians,time travel,Jor and Lara-El was trained by the Military Guild....

#16 Posted by Z3RO180 (5942 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: ah well im looking forwrard to the next one

#17 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: H'ell start in issue 13 right?

#18 Posted by Supes1903 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, issue 13 for all 3 books = the crossover event.

#19 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supes1903: Thanks

#20 Posted by War07 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn!!! I really want Superman to use that suit more often!!!

#21 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7608 posts) - - Show Bio

@War07: The suit is the same suit,wasn't another in Action Comics 5 or 6 is already showed the suit has morph abilities.

#22 Posted by Superlad93 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: It was Action comics 7 and 8 and yes it can change depending on what it touches (his cape or artifacts from other worlds as shown in issue 8) or if he wants it to change through setting it with his mind it seems....so yeah it's likely the same suit just in a new setting.

also side note: did you all notice that Superman was using his X-ray vision to look at his mom and dad.....while he was on krypton (the planet where he has no powers at all while on it) so maybe he can set his new 52 suit so that it keeps in solar energy even while he is out of a yellow sun environment......black dose retain heat after all....so who knows, right...

#23 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Since when can Superman travel through time? And did Superboy show up in Supergirl 0?

And we all noticed Supergirl on the third page of Superboy #0, right? It looks like the entire Superman family is going back in time to Krypton.

It feels like they're invoking the Silver Age story where Superman went back to Krypton before it exploded and worked for his father as a student in Science. He dated and fell in love with Kryptonian actress Lyla Lerrol and tried to save Krypton or die with it. This story stayed in continuity up until Crisis on Infinite Earths. It feels like Lobdell has stumbled onto his own version of it through his "fever dream" and all the Superman books are going with him. It looks like a fun time.

#24 Posted by Lvenger (15969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jekylhyde14 said:

@Lvenger said:

And we all noticed Supergirl on the third page of Superboy #0, right? It looks like the entire Superman family is going back in time to Krypton.

It feels like they're invoking the Silver Age story where Superman went back to Krypton before it exploded and worked for his father as a student in Science. He dated and fell in love with Kryptonian actress Lyla Lerrol and tried to save Krypton or die with it. This story stayed in continuity up until Crisis on Infinite Earths. It feels like Lobdell has stumbled onto his own version of it through his "fever dream" and all the Superman books are going with him. It looks like a fun time.

I was sceptical about Lobdell on Superman given the annual but this was an improvement. And I love Rocafort's art, it's simply sublime. However I think it's best to reserve judgement for Lobdell in the long term to see what he has up his sleeve.

#25 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Jekylhyde14 said:

@Lvenger said:

I was sceptical about Lobdell on Superman given the annual but this was an improvement. And I love Rocafort's art, it's simply sublime. However I think it's best to reserve judgement for Lobdell in the long term to see what he has up his sleeve.

Yeah, I'll be honest, I didn't like the Superman Annual (but was willing to forgive since Nicieza scripted it) and wasn't really crazy about issue #0. However, it's already more fun than the first year of Superman in the new 52, so I'm in for the run.

#26 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

Morgan Freeman? What about him?

#27 Posted by SmashBrawler (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

Morgan Freeman? What about him?

I believe he's talking about this:

#28 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superlad93: Woww,yeah I didn't noticed that Clark uses the X-Ray vision and thanks for the info!!

#29 Posted by Superlad93 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: No problem.

#30 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superlad93: :)

#31 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1166 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superlad93: yeah was wondering the same about how he was using x-ray vision,hopefully that will be explained. in a video where lobdell talks abt the issue, he said we'd see that scenario again in about 6 months, oh man i cant wait!!

#32 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Yes Superboy showed up in Supergirl. Supergirl showed up in Superboy.

Also like people have mentioned, he is a frequent time traveller. Going into the past and future is part of his routine

#33 Posted by Lvenger (15969 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Lvenger said:

Yes Superboy showed up in Supergirl. Supergirl showed up in Superboy.

Also like people have mentioned, he is a frequent time traveller. Going into the past and future is part of his routine

I just didn't expect to see it so soon.

#34 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superlad93: maybe the suit negates the effect of the red sun radiation...

#35 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Brilliantly spoken.

#36 Posted by Lvenger (15969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Lvenger said:

Brilliantly spoken.

Cheers buddy :)

#37 Posted by supermanfan1234 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

Morgan Freeman....LOL. He was God,Lucius Fox,a leader of assassins group,a retired CIA agent and now a Kryptonian scientist

LOOOL!!!!!!!!!!

#38 Posted by supermanfan1234 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe they will all go back in time to make sure h el never gets created,but still that costume is F###ING AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#39 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7608 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanfan1234: LOLLLL

#40 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so is H'el going to have something to do with the Doomsday cult.

#41 Edited by G_Money_Christmas (859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supes1903 said:

I hope they eventually make an action figure of him in that suit. It would be bad-a**. Hell, they're not coming out with a decent Superman action figure until January... 18 months. Craziness

#42 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I trust Lobdell, and he seems to know what he's doing. The zero issue wasn't bad, and I liked what he did and gave Lara a personality, but this felt like a little more of the same. We already saw Superman's origin in Morrison's Action Comics. I don't think it's necessary to have gone there again. Hell, a Luthor origin would've been even better to see than another visit to Krypton, but overall, the issue was fine.

Now. Who is Superman's Voldemort at the end of the issue?

#43 Posted by Lvenger (15969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: You mean Oracle? I have no idea. Although people are annoyed that they're replacing Barbara with someone else.

#44 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024:

This is everything I know about the Oracle. I'm quoting myself from a different thread:

"The creature on the last page is only The Herald. He's "honored" his master, The Oracle, by blowing the horn. We've seen this exact scene before, too. Way back in Superman #1 we saw a creature like The Herald blow a horn on Earth. This led us to Stormwatch #1 where a creature who called itself "the first response to the sounding of the horn... the Scourge of Worlds" possessed the moon and battled master swordsman, Harry Tanner. Harry beat the beast by absorbing its mind. This showed him something so frightening that it convinced him to betray Stormwatch claiming that it was for the good of the planet. In the same issue, Adam One (Merlin) was more concerned with the horn than the monster on the moon and was heavily criticized for it. Maybe he was right.."

#45 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jekylhyde14: Hm. This sounds interesting. Very Galactus-esque.

#46 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@Jekylhyde14: Hm. This sounds interesting. Very Galactus-esque.

Probably an apt comparison.

#47 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jekylhyde14: Good on whoever's idea this was then. I've been saying for a while now that Superman should be fighting bigger cosmic threats, and this seems to definitely be that. Granted, I'd've wished that they did this in the old continuity, but better late than never I suppose.

#48 Posted by IamV (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superlad93 said:

@matchesmalone21: It was Action comics 7 and 8 and yes it can change depending on what it touches (his cape or artifacts from other worlds as shown in issue 8) or if he wants it to change through setting it with his mind it seems....so yeah it's likely the same suit just in a new setting.

also side note: did you all notice that Superman was using his X-ray vision to look at his mom and dad.....while he was on krypton (the planet where he has no powers at all while on it) so maybe he can set his new 52 suit so that it keeps in solar energy even while he is out of a yellow sun environment......black dose retain heat after all....so who knows, right...

That sounds like an awesome theory!! I HOPE ITS TRUE :D

#49 Posted by JV (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jekylhyde14: I finally got around to reading this issue last night and then went searching for issue#1 where the similar Character blew the horn in the Himalayas. I had always kept that scene in the back of mind in hopes that something bigger was on the way. Just did not expect it to pan out a year later. Between this and what is going on with the Helspont and the Daemonites, Superman is going to have a busy year. Very cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.