Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superior Superman

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RustyRoy

I was thinking about this for a long time but was afraid that it will create a flame war but in the Batman Board someone posted a similar topic and its actually getting very interesting. So I was thinking that if Lex transfered his mind in Superman's body then it would actually make more sense and would be more interesting than Spider-Man and Doc Ock or Batman and any of his rogues, Lex is the smartest human in Earth and he can built the tech for that without making it seem PIS and he also has a great desire for power especially for Superman's power, he even hates Superman for the fact that Superman is the one with all these power and he's not. So would it have been cool if the switch happened to Superman instead of Spider-Man, if it helps imagine this as an Elseworlds story, so what do you guys think?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well in allstar superman he did get powers of his own. Plus the thing about Lex is he would want people to know what he has done...so he probably wouldn't keep it a secret

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Yeah but in All Star it wasn't fully utilized and this one seems much more evil you know, it will effect his supporting characters more and yeah agreed he would want them to know but maybe he'll keep this as secret while he takes out the league, if they know that Lex is in Superman's body then they'll surely take him down, and whether he keeps it a secret or not it will be interesting both ways IMO.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blackdog2009

I can see lex Supes telling the JL: " ok obviously I will lead, you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on your way out". Lol

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

@rustyroy: Nah - Lex doesn't hate Superman because of the amount of power he has - he hates the way Superman makes the human race seem inferior. His desire for power is just to over-come Superman, but he's a purist - the point is to do it as a human and beat Superman truly as a human. He even goes into this when he's talking to Clark in All-Star (non-canon, but it's the same throughout canon too).

For that reason the idea wouldn't fit - because then he's not actually beating Superman - so I doubt it would ever happen.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Nah - Lex doesn't hate Superman because of the amount of power he has - he hates the way Superman makes the human race seem inferior. His desire for power is just to over-come Superman, but he's a purist - the point is to do it as a human and beat Superman truly as a human. He even goes into this when he's talking to Clark in All-Star (non-canon, but it's the same throughout canon too).

For that reason the idea wouldn't fit - because then he's not actually beating Superman - so I doubt it would ever happen.

Isn't that kind of the same thing, and its more like Superman makes him seem inferior. And I'm not saying that it will happen, I'm asking what will happen if it happens.

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

@rustyroy said:

@wishiwassuperman said:

Isn't that kind of the same thing, and its more like Superman makes him seem inferior. And I'm not saying that it will happen, I'm asking what will happen if it happens.

Not really. It's because he's an alien - basically Lex is a racist. Other humans can have powers, hell some of them are even close to Superman - Lex doesn't care. But Superman basically offends everything within Lex. This alien from another world, trying to be one of us when he makes us all seem like powerless little ants by comparison. Lex views Superman as something of an affront as far as Lex is concerned to the human race.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@wishiwassuperman said:

Not really. It's because he's an alien - basically Lex is a racist. Other humans can have powers, hell some of them are even close to Superman - Lex doesn't care. But Superman basically offends everything within Lex. This alien from another world, trying to be one of us when he makes us all seem like powerless little ants by comparison. Lex views Superman as something of an affront as far as Lex is concerned to the human race.

Yeah you're right.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Is that racist or speciesist.
    Personally I believe Lex hates Superman out of jealousy. He may cover it with fancy words but deep down Lex hates him because Superman is the champion of earth and not him.
    As said before, why has he focused on Superman when the likes of MMH and WW are out there? Because Superman is the prime example of this world, a modern day Hercules, the only name known wherever you go, everyone wants to be superman and deep down even him. Lex never cared about the human race, he always considered them inferior to himself, Lex hates Superman because he is inferior to him, for the first time Lex Luthor felt inferior to someone and he hates him with all his heart.

It's funny people think Lex is a pretty clear character. And here we have three people and three different opinions.

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

@squalleon: I should have worded it better - he's a picture of racism. I also agree there's a massive amount of jealousy driving him. And pride as well. He prides himself on being the greatest of our race- the smartest, whatever. If I recall correctly he even got to a stage where he could go toe-to-toe with Batman, then started using the kryptonite drug he had to boost his strength and speed.... Basically he wants to be better. but he wants to still be him - which back to the OP and my earlier post is why I don't see this particular way of doing things being part of his character. It's important to him that he still be Lex Luthor when he beats Superman. Why else build a suit to try and fight directly with him? He wants the world to know He beat Superman - not that he possessed his body.... he has to physically beat him. Prove that he's better.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Squalleon

@wishiwassuperman: Ahh ok. I agree Lex wants to prove he is the better man, he doesn't want to pull a Doc Ock.
    I was talking more of why he hates superman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.