Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

SuperDoom seems unecessary

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1 frozen  Moderator

Those are my honest thoughts.

Why make a hero into a temporary monster villain? I do not see the point in it, in my opinion it undermines the core characteristics of Superman. It just seems very unnecessary.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Well, putting fictional characters through hurdles is unecessary but you have to make a story.

To be honest, If I didn't felt like I had been spammed by "Evil" or OOC Superman's I may had no problem with it. But with Injustice, Forever Evil, Earth 2 and other stories like these, I got tired of the concept used.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Because writers constantly had to put their characters through grinder…

Anyway, I like the idea, very much like Jekyll and Hyde and not so stereotypical like “Superman gone to the Dark Side on his own choice” stuff.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forever Evil made Lex into the hero, so that means that Kal has to become the villain. With Geoff taking over Superman, I think it means Supes is finally going to get his shot to be the guy in JL.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dextersinister

I don't mind the story but this moment made me laugh and picked up my interest.

No Caption Provided

The idea of playing him crazy in a happy go lucky way and not evil, for example at some point he accidently injures Batman and plans to take him to the sun because that always makes him feel better, it would make more sense if he where crazy over evil and he would still present a danger that needs to be stopped.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jeremy1989

Yeah Just find out they did this before.

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

What is that from?

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeremy1989

@koays said:

@jeremy1989 said:

No Caption Provided

What is that from?

My guess is this from the Hunter/Prey story arc.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jeremy1989: No it's not. It's a tie-in to Our Worlds at War IIRC, or slightly after (judging by the black S).

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, I would've preferred doomsday to still be the main villian of the story.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jeremy1989

@frozen:

No Caption Provided

What can I say, I'm only human.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you think that this is just a story about an evil Superman, you've missed the point entirely.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you think that this is just a story about an evil Superman, you've missed the point entirely.

QFT. I'm liking the last two issues, and the tempo of this story line. And wow, I never thought I would be so much interested in John Corben as I was in the last issue.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

@kal_smahboi said:

QFT. I'm liking the last two issues, and the tempo of this story line. And wow, I never thought I would be so much interested in John Corben as I was in the last issue.

I've been enjoying it quite a bit, as well. These writers (minus Lobdell, thank goodness he's gone) have done a really great job of combining all of these titles into what has essentially become a weekly series. I love the aspect of Superman being aware that he is declining, that he is losing control and that the people that he is closest to are risking everything to help him, but are unable to do so. That emotional perspective is what makes this story so interesting to me, and I think it's why the issue with Corben was so engaging, as well.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends if this superdoom business is linked to the events that apparentely are gonna happen five years from the current timeline.

If it has then it served a purpose. If it does not, then I'll have to agree, it was unecessary.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: In all fairness, Forever Evil was less about Evil Superman and more about Heroic Lex Luthor. Ultraman was no more a character than...Owlman, in his overall impact on the mythos.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.