Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

SuperBooks 24/12/2014 General Discussion.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

This week featured the last Superman family books of 2014. So Viners what do you think? Did 2014 ended strong for the Man of Steel?

My thoughts:
    I thought Superman #37 was kinda sloppy :( But d@mn that two page spread by JRJR was magnificent! Probably the weakest issue of Superman as of yet for my tastes :(

As for the twist from SM/WW, I think it was very predictable but I didn't expect it to come so early. And at least up to now the title hasn't won me over.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@squalleon: Superman #37 is very fast read. The problem is the pacing. I don't think the book worth 3.99 . It should be 2.99 because I think it is very short. I read it only a few minutes.

It has interesting ideas but again I think the pacing is suitable for doing TV Show tie in comicbook like CW The Flash online comics etc not ongoing monthly comicbook series

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This week featured the last Superman family books of 2014. So Viners what do you think? Did 2014 ended strong for the Man of Steel?

My thoughts:

I thought Superman #37 was kinda sloppy :( But d@mn that two page spread by JRJR was magnificent! Probably the weakest issue of Superman as of yet for my tastes :(

As for the twist from SM/WW, I think it was very predictable but I didn't expect it to come so early. And at least up to now the title hasn't won me over.

Damn! i was really excited about it...however i still can't wait to see it myself

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

SM/WW was a definite improvement over the last issue, both art and story wise. I enjoyed it a lot.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SM/WW was a definite improvement over the last issue, both art and story wise. I enjoyed it a lot.

I thought the title was still very weak :P Superman and Wonder Woman beat some generic bad guys to fill the pages, slight plot advancement. I think in terms of pacing this title is even slower than Superman.

@squalleon: Superman #37 is very fast read. The problem is the pacing. I don't think the book worth 3.99 . It should be 2.99 because I think it is very short. I read it only a few minutes.

It has interesting ideas but again I think the pacing is suitable for doing TV Show tie in comicbook like CW The Flash online comics etc not ongoing monthly comicbook series

Agreed. A 2.99 price would make the title seem a lot better.

I really didn't see anything interesting in this issue though. And the reason the Fourth Worlders want the humans is so poorly executed, so rediculous that I can't excuse such sloppiness, also we didn't even get properly introduced to the 4th world and it was blown up...talk about poor pacing. That two page spread by JRJR though was incredible though( I love a good world explosion :P)

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

I thought the title was still very weak :P Superman and Wonder Woman beat some generic bad guys to fill the pages, slight plot advancement. I think in terms of pacing this title is even slower than Superman.

Loading Video...

*shrugs* I liked it.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Squalleon

@saint_wildcard said:

@squalleon said:

@saint_wildcard said:

*shrugs* I liked it.

You can't deny that I am right in my complaints though :P *que the "you are not wrong you are just an a$$hole" meme*

EDIT: Expect a review from me for Superman 37. That issue was so disappointing.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

*shrugs* I liked it.

You can't deny that I am right in my complaints though :P *que the "you are not wrong you are just an a$$hole" meme*

EDIT: Expect a review from me for Superman 37. That issue was so disappointing.

I'll say this much, reading this issue made me realize how easy I went on the previous issue. I'd say that the last issue would get like a 5, this issue gets like a 7.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SanoHibiki

Ok, SM #37 somewhat disappointed me. Looks like Johns made turn on 180 and instead of his usual slow pace wrote rushed issue :P Honestly, he should stuck with slow pace; issue not bad per se, but weakest in his Supes’ run imo. Plus Superman annoyed me a bit with his constant repeating “what will your parents think”.

Now SM/WW. Plotline-vice it’s not great, but upbeat atmosphere, humor and nice art made for more pleasurable reading than SM #37 (again, my imo).

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now SM/WW. Plotline-vice it’s not great, but upbeat atmosphere, humor and nice art made for more pleasurable reading than SM #37 (again, my imo).

Agreed. Wonderstar is a joy to read.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@squalleon: what I mean interesting idea is that Ulysses conflict as a character. He is not one dimensional type of character. He is very complex character

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: what I mean interesting idea is that Ulysses conflict as a character. He is not one dimensional type of character. He is very complex character

I wouldn't call him complex but yes he is definitely three dimensional. I really wanted him to stay as a main supporting cast but after all those things that happened between him and Supes, I am not sure how they would work together and with what dynamic :/

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I enjoyed SM/WW more, but I feel like if I head over to the WW board they're going to be all up in arms over debutante.

As I thought, Tomasi was able to write them as a couple with great chemistry. As far as the Wonderstar reveal, it wasn't a reveal. We know who he was when the solicits came out.

Also, admit it, you thought it was the other thing too.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also it would really help if people rating my review would comment on what they liked/disliked.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This issue was not that bad.There is some stuff to be explained but it is going to be done the old way in some fist fight. Plus we go a nice feat in it as well.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: A 2/5? Wow.

I wanted to give it a 2.5 but I couldn't the vine doesn't have halves.

@tensor said:

This issue was not that bad.There is some stuff to be explained but it is going to be done the old way in some fist fight. Plus we go a nice feat in it as well.

Yes it was it was a 5/10 at best. There isn't anything left to explore and there wasn't anything ambiguous to get a definitive answer in the next issue. And there is no way Ulysses will explain to Supes how the core works in their fight or how the 4th world exploed from an falling ship! Both of those were done in this issue and with poor taste.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@squalleon: The energy he took from the ship cause the ship to crash in the core which was unstable.The energy coming from the ship going into the core cause a unstable reaction making it explode early.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:

@squalleon: The energy he took from the ship cause the ship to crash in the core which was unstable.The energy coming from the ship going into the core cause a unstable reaction making it explode early.

I know, it was just cheap and rushed. We didn't got properly introduced to the 4th world and it just got destroyed, in the same issue we first saw it. Not to mention the rediculous human furnace..ugh. Or how Ulysses changed sides twice in this issue. Everything was stuffed together, didn't get properly developed and all in all was just sloppy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.