Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Soule and Daniel on Superman/Wonder Woman

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lilben42

Interviewer: Charles, how do you plan to differentiate between whose power-set supersedes and takes precedence over another? Even who throws the first punch?

Soule: One of things that I would like to do is have the way they approach battles grow over time as they get to know each other better so that fights become more coordinated. Wonder Woman has the background as a warrior dating back to when she was very little. Ares, in the New 52, was her warrior teacher when she was 12. She has a strategic, practical approach to battles where Superman, it's not like he rushes in guns-a-blazing, but he has a slightly less schooled approach to his attack.

When you are constructing a battle scene with characters this powerful, you have to differentiate between the two. Otherwise, it's just two people punching things. Obviously, Diana has her lasso. She has her sword. She has military training. While Superman has his various superpowers like heat vision, x-ray vision and stuff like that so the way that those can be combined and played out is going to be a lot of fun.

Interviewer: What can we expect from the opening arc? Which challenge or villain do they face?

Soule: I don't want to share too much just yet, but what we're planning on doing in the first main story arc is based on seeds that have been planted in "Action" and "Superman" for a while. Once you see the direction that it's going to go, I think you'll say, "Okay. Cool." At the same time, it's very important to me, actually it's crucial that we make this incredibly accessible. I don't want a book steeped in Superman and Wonder Woman continuity. Anyone who picks up an issue should be able to figure out what's going on from within those pages.

The goal is to really show people something new about these characters and maybe have them try a book about these characters when they aren't necessarily reading some of the other books. It's just about creating another access point for these fantastic characters. We want to make it a satisfying experience for those reading all of the books but also who haven't been reading any of the books.

The whole interview is here http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46176

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

Eh, as far as battles go there are going to be some predictable moments. Superman's magic vulnerability is going to get overplayed and characters like Doomsday are going to job to make Wonder Woman look relevant to the teamup.

Should at least keep the more feat-hungry Wonder Woman fans happy, I suppose.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

I really hope this fails hard.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, as far as battles go there are going to be some predictable moments. Superman's magic vulnerability is going to get overplayed and characters like Doomsday are going to job to make Wonder Woman look relevant to the teamup.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Lvenger

I really hope this fails hard.

Regrettably, it has a good creative team and enough promise to satisfy dissatisfied Wonder Woman fans not to mention people who for some reason like the relationship.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alrighty then.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

This

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Let's hope that a few people will buy it and it would get cancelled in the end.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Kill it with fire. And then snap it's neck.......oh wait, then Mark Waid might complain............

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are this comic series about relaitionship between them? Or just team-up, like Superman-Batman ? Anyway, this is fifth Supes's title, gonna order it.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually hope it does well

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@ciriel said:

Are you dissatisfied with Azzarello's run then? Just curious if there will be a trend between those who dislike Azzarello's run jumping onto this title to get their Wonder Woman fix?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@lvenger said:

@ciriel said:

Are you dissatisfied with Azzarello's run then? Just curious if there will be a trend between those who dislike Azzarello's run jumping onto this title to get their Wonder Woman fix?

Nah, just read the first page of the recent Azz thread. Who wouldn't want a comic to do well?
    BB

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am excited or the book. I just don't want them kissing all the time.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to this

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SanoHibiki

Putting aside fact that I am Superman's fan and this is his 5 title(even if shared), just find one more reason to order this comic. Looks like we will see Wonder Woman vs. Faora from MOS. That I dont gonna miss !

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: that pic is amazing! where have you found it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this gonna be an on going series or like a one shot? I don't want a book about superman and Wonder Woman making out every month. Nor do I want a love story. If this is ongoing I hope it gets cancelled and maybe we can get a shazam book

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they job Doomsday, Bizzaro, and other villains for either characters, I'm done with it. I'm okay with magic, kryptonite, and red sunlight though. There should be foes one can beat and not the other though, and some they need to team up to beat all the time. Guessing Wonder Women will be heavily weapons based like Thor and his Hammer.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42: Agree, that would be bad-ass. Granted, it wasnt firmly told that there would be WW vs. F-fight, but its most logical way to applease a readers, doesnt it ? Two hot superwomans fighting.

@toptom: Look in http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/07/16/man-of-steels-faora-superman-wonder-woman/

On side note, in the end of Trinity War SM/WW relationship would end, so its probable that in early issues we will see their break-up, and then just some friendly team up ( like SM/BM).

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: your making it really hard for me to hate this comic lol

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.