Soo..Man of Steel...Yunno..The Bulge? e_e

#1 Posted by Wboy (440 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or has no one really been discussing the that really noticeable bulge in Superman's costume. When the light reflects off it it makes this huge outline of a bulge on his crotch like that's a little..e_e

Do you think they'd fix the costume, edit that out, or just leave it there for the world to see. Or worst, do you thnik they purposely added a giant bulge to the crotch.

#2 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing wrong with that.

#3 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman always wore skin-tight things,what the hell would you expect

just look at chris reeve superman

#4 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cavill is probably just well endowed. The crew of Superman Returns got a lot of cr@p for airbrushing Brandon Routh's out to make it less obvious, so they're probably just trying to be natural about it. I think people make way too big a deal about things like that.

#5 Posted by Chaos Burn (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

God , if people are freaking out about this, hope they havn't seen Watchmen, Dr Manhattan will give them a heart attack

#6 Posted by Ultim8Roux (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on the fence with this. I mean....this must be emperor joker's last laugh. How can you not think about white elephants?????

I am a very comfortable str8 male. I just do not want to have to ''try not to notice'' the man of steel's steel

#7 Posted by Wboy (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultim8Roux said:

I am a very comfortable str8 male. I just do not want to have to ''try not to notice'' the man of steel's steel

Exactly my point it's not that I want to look for it or anything but I find that I'm also trying not to look at it either LOL..

It's like looking at a car, you don't look at it's components you see it as a whole.

And then if the car a toilet attached to it you don't look at it as whole, you look at it as a car and a toilet. Similar to me seeing how Henry Caville and the bulge are two different things...e_e

I hope i make sense....i probably dont..

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi said:

I think Cavill is probably just well endowed. The crew of Superman Returns got a lot of cr@p for airbrushing Brandon Routh's out to make it less obvious, so they're probably just trying to be natural about it. I think people make way too big a deal about things like that.

@Chaos Burn said:

God , if people are freaking out about this, hope they havn't seen Watchmen, Dr Manhattan will give them a heart attack

#9 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kind of hoping those set photos of the costume aren't the final result.

#10 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

So guys used to complain because supermans trunks looked too childish and lame, and now they complain because he doesnt have them anymore

I swear to god i dont get people

#11 Posted by drgnx (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wboy: Honestly, this is very old news, that's why no one is talking about it any more, those who care to find as much info about the movie as they can already know, but those who don't will go through this after the movie comes out so it will probably be a big deal later on again.

#12 Edited by PurpleCandy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed, same with Routh's Suit, I mean im straight and all but its hard tonot notice it when its just there

#13 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn said:

HA!

#14 Edited by Wboy (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox said:

So guys used to complain because supermans trunks looked too childish and lame, and now they complain because he doesnt have them anymore

No I'm complaining cause he has a big noticable bulge and just for the record, I never complained about the trunks.

Maybe you should stop generalizing, I think that'll help you understand people.

#15 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Kal'smahboi said:

@Chaos Burn said:

these two comments sums it up

#16 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

this is such a lame thread.

#17 Edited by RumbleMan_Exe (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the **** should a man be ashamed of his penis? 

EDIT:  
I mean I know people complain about  fan service but WTF dude?

#18 Edited by Wboy (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@RumbleMan_Exe said:

Why the **** should a man be ashamed of his penis? EDIT: I mean I know people complain about fan service but WTF dude?

Did I once even say he should be ashamed of his dick? No.

Honestly I don't care if he has one but don't you think it's a little too noticable? If some guy was walking around you with a shiny bulge on his crotch are you telling me you'd be all,"Oh hey, whatevaa." No. No I highly doubt it. And if yes, I have nothing else to say.

#19 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wboy said:

@Stormbox said:

No I'm complaining cause he has a big noticable bulge and just for the record, I never complained about the trunks.

Maybe you should stop generalizing, I think that'll help you understand people.

Well that was uncalled for

Btw i made that comment because ive seen a lot of people (many of them people who dont care at all about superman) complain about this

Anyway, youre forgetting about post-production, maybe they can fix that there

#20 Edited by drgnx (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

@RumbleMan_Exe said:

Why the **** should a man be ashamed of his penis? EDIT: I mean I know people complain about fan service but WTF dude?

LOL the funny thing is if you watch wrestling or fake or real, they have the same issue as do a few sports, I don't recall the last time I heard people complaining about an athletes package, Superman is a man in tights, what do people expect? Ken Doll Superman? If people don't like it, don't look, I'm pretty sure it won't be taking up the whole screen, and if it does you're in the wrong movie (probably the 18+ parody version). Heaven forbid we start casting people based on their package size rather than their acting skills ... 〠_〠 ... again... ◔̯◔

Now that I think of it, I think there is a lot of Envy here ಠ◡ಠ

#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

He's SuperMAN. A man but SUPER. Think about it.

#22 Posted by Chaos Burn (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

He's SuperMAN. A man but SUPER. Think about it.

your comment just made me think of that Will Ferrel film.... "It's anchorMAN, not anchorLAAADY!"

#23 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

FEAR THE PENIS OF STEEL!

#24 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Well he is wearing tights after all, not a robe. Some things are bound to be noticed. And I remember that they had the same problem with Routh in Superman Returns.

#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

I tend not to pay much attention to other dude's crotches but what ever floats your boat.

#26 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread has made me laugh so much -- but honestly, I do get the OP's perspective. Go to any ballet (or watch it) and I guarantee you, there is more than one man in the audience who gets uncomfortable when the male dancers come out onstage. Of course, they are protected and so are "bigger" than is real but just having their tights jammed in between their buttocks gets some people squirming -- even with the ladies.

It's just not an area that gets much focus in the media and there has been a general avoidance in showing it in movies etc unless it was specifically targeted to fit the script. I fail to see why -- its not something to be ashamed/embarrassed of. I mean, if its a comparison thing then you have several options -- look into penile enhancements -- wear loose pants or avoid wearing tights. ;p

Seriously, its all good. Tampering with it post-production is senseless.

#27 Posted by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

FEAR THE PENIS OF STEEL!

I love this place sometimes XD

#28 Posted by I Am Legend (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I think more males here should try wearing tights and realize it's quite noticeable no matter what.

#29 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@I Am Legend: I just want to know who's looking at Superman's junk while all that crap is blowing up around him in the trailer. Did Man Of Steel just acquire an unexpected built in audience? I don't judge, I'm just curious.

#30 Posted by DarkDay (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wboy said:

@Ultim8Roux said:

Exactly my point it's not that I want to look for it or anything but I find that I'm also trying not to look at it either LOL..

It's like looking at a car, you don't look at it's components you see it as a whole.

And then if the car a toilet attached to it you don't look at it as whole, you look at it as a car and a toilet. Similar to me seeing how Henry Caville and the bulge are two different things...e_e

I hope i make sense....i probably dont..

Except, actually Henry Caville and the bulge are not two different things...

#31 Edited by KillerZ (1580 posts) - - Show Bio

Be grateful he doesn't have a bulge like Long-Dong.

#32 Posted by Wboy (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkDay said:

Unless you can't process what I'm trying to say then I guess that's that. Yunno.

#33 Posted by Skunkstein (582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wboy said:

Is it just me or has no one really been discussing the that really noticeable bulge in Superman's costume. When the light reflects off it it makes this huge outline of a bulge on his crotch like that's a little..e_e

Do you think they'd fix the costume, edit that out, or just leave it there for the world to see. Or worst, do you thnik they purposely added a giant bulge to the crotch.

Make it huge brah! He is the man of steel, yo! Is it so wrong that i want one of my icons to have a huge package?

#34 Posted by Wboy (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

Make it huge brah! He is the man of steel, yo! Is it so wrong that i want one of my icons to have a huge package?

No of course not D:!! Maybe.

#35 Posted by DarkDay (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wboy said:

@DarkDay said:

Unless you can't process what I'm trying to say then I guess that's that. Yunno.

Actually I was just making a wisecrack, but I think you need to try not thinking about it by focusing on what's going on around him rather than the bulge. And if that doesn't work, well just repeat to yourself that a man in a tight suit is gonna have these things going on and it isn't such a big deal. Maybe it will work, maybe not.

#36 Posted by Wboy (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkDay said:

Actually I was just making a wisecrack, but I think you need to try not thinking about it by focusing on what's going on around him rather than the bulge. And if that doesn't work, well just repeat to yourself that a man in a tight suit is gonna have these things going on and it isn't such a big deal. Maybe it will work, maybe not.

Yes. That is what I shall do.

#37 Posted by Joygirl (15341 posts) - - Show Bio

http://i50.tinypic.com/24wue7o.jpg That hotdiggitydogger appears to be built in, folks.

#38 Posted by drgnx (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you can read what they did with Brandon here, note: not for "buldge-phobes"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.