Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18941 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Some New JRJR Superman pics and Superman 32 solitics

• 87 results
    MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@sog7dc: They're probably more loyal to Marvel than JRjr (I mean c'mon what comic company wouldn't want Opena).

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@maccyd said:

@sog7dc: They're probably more loyal to Marvel than JRjr (I mean c'mon what comic company wouldn't want Opena).

true.....on a side note, is it just me or does it eem like the really good artists, the Jim Lee's and Jerome Opena's and Tony S Daniels'of the world, only spend a limited amount of time on a given comic before all they do is variant covers?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

That solicit really does sound unappealing.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@ultimatesmfan: @jaken7: Easy does it you two, both your opinions are reasonable to hold. And Jaken, I liked the Simon Baz arc too, it was my favourite New 52 GL story arc from Johns. After that, he ended on a sour note IMO.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger: Okay cool, that's good to hear.

Hahaha, I like how you've always called me "Jaken" almost like Jaqen H'ghar from Game of Thrones. It's Jake...N7 (N7 is the Mass Effect reference). XD

You're still El-Venger though right? Not La-Venger like G-Man pronounced it in the James Robinson podcast? Lol

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Lvenger

@jaken7: Ah that's how I pronounced it in my head, I forgot you based your name on Mass Effect :P And yeah I pronounce my username El-Venger rather than La-Venger as G-Man says it but I don't mind how Tony says it, it actually makes sense honestly. I considered calling myself El-Venger but decided to go with the above username instead.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yeah, when you "@" somebody, it writes their name in lowercase so it comes out jaken7 instead of JakeN7. Easy mistake.

And yeah, I've always pronounced it as "El" but I like both.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

The colorist or Klaus Janson did a wonderful work on reworking Romita's Superman face. Ulysees sounds very similar to Wraith from Superman Unchained.

Also the drolling in the cover looks rediculous :-P

Fist thing I thought

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: So how is your username pronounced in Mass Effect?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By JakeN7

@lvenger: The N7 is the only part that's in Mass Effect. It's just like it looks, letter and number (Enn Seven).

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@sanohibiki: Is it the Blake Farm ghost you're referring to?

Yeah, that’s him. Adam Blake. When I try to remember his "heroic" name, somehow I constantly get First Superman or Forgotten Superman.

Captain Comet was the first ever mutant in comic books

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jonny_anonymous:

Captain Comet was the first ever mutant in comic books

You mean first ever "human altered by space radiation”-kind of mutant?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#63  Edited By the_tree

I'm interested. The second cover looks pretty good, but Romita's flying picture looks like crap.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: The first ever "man that has evolved into the next stage of humanity and is referred to as a mutant" type mutant.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@sog7dc said:

.........is that........space :'D

It is mentioned by Johns and JRJR that the first story is a bit.....wait for it....cosmic :-)

YES!!!! ^^

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He need to fix the face.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@the_tree said:

I'm interested. The second cover looks pretty good, but Romita's flying picture looks like crap.

But the face. It doesn't look remotely as Superman and the drolling only makes it worse. Now a good question is if that giant robotic hand is Ulysees's.

@z3ro180 said:

He need to fix the face.

Indeed. At least try to make it similar. Even the jaw is off.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: It alike everything is fine apart from the face. I mean look at his Thor. Why can't he just do that but for Supes.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Squalleon

@z3ro180 said:

@squalleon: It alike everything is fine apart from the face. I mean look at his Thor. Why can't he just do that but for Supes.

And it's not like Superman's face doesn't have standard features. The square jaw, the chiseled chin, the cheeckbones. His face is pretty much defined.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By z3ro180

@squalleon: yeah I know. JRJr is actually one of my favorite artists he just needs to stop trying to make Supes ''stand out''

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

I think the difference is that Superman is traditionally handsome, and Thor is generally barbaric in appearance. So JRJr works better for Thor than Supes.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Actually Thor is meant to be handsome since his original appearance.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Thor is the most prettiest super heros there is, just look at that golden hair of his. It's shimmers in the sun light and...for the sake of my manhood and fear that this joke whent on to long I think you my my point.

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@iaconpoint said:

Theme month cover variant? So this is going to become a line-wide monthly thing? Weak.

Every month DC has a Theme month variant. This month was steampunk, next month is Batman 66'. The "theme month" variant for June is unknown.

The theme is Bombshells

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

This looks pretty good and interesting.The issue ain't out yet and it already looks better than Lobdell's Superman.And as for Romita Jr.,I am glad that Klaus Jahnson is with him because they make an amazing team together.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Squalleon

@tdk_1997 said:

This looks pretty good and interesting.The issue ain't out yet and it already looks better than Lobdell's Superman.And as for Romita Jr.,I am glad that Klaus Jahnson is with him because they make an amazing team together.

You can see how much he(probably or the colorist) improved Superman's face in the flying pic.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

You can see how much he(probably or the colorist) improved Superman's face in the flying pic.

Yeah,he's really trying not to be terrible as his most recent Captain America run.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@squalleon said:

@tdk_1997 said:

Yeah,he's really trying not to be terrible as his most recent Captain America run.

His Cap run was terrible, he chanelled "Kick-ass" all over it but it doesn't work the same.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this so hyped up? Geoff's Superman in JLU was terrible, my expectations aren't high.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

Why is this so hyped up? Geoff's Superman in JLU was terrible, my expectations aren't high.

You haven't read his Action Comics run do you?
    And what do you mean with JLU, because if you mean the cartoon he hasn't write in it.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#81  Edited By Onemoreposter

Yeah, that art isn't particularly great even for JRJR. Honestly, I think the only time I've ever really enjoyed his art is on Kick-Ass.

Couple that with the fact the Geoff Johns is writing this series and that adds up to me not buying action comics.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TDK_1997

@tdk_1997 said:

@squalleon said:

@tdk_1997 said:

His Cap run was terrible, he chanelled "Kick-ass" all over it but it doesn't work the same.

Not only that.His proportions and everything was just terrible.At times Cap's head was bigger than his body and some things looked pretty ridiculous.The worst thing about it was that Janson was yet again working with him but even he couldn't make things look better.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

Not only that.His proportions and everything was just terrible.At times Cap's head was bigger than his body and some things looked pretty ridiculous.The worst thing about it was that Janson was yet again working with him but even he couldn't make things look better.

A man can do only this much :-P

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

A man can do only this much :-P

I guess it is that way.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SanoHibiki

I decided to wait for some time and then check it again – maybe it was just first strong negative impression…

…but it still looks like some cavekryptonian ancestor of Clark, not Clark himself. That’s pretty unfortunate because, with exception of faces, Romita Jr.’s art is tolerable enough. Sigh… Why DC couldn’t simply keep some of previous artists on Superman title?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I trust Geoff, anybody is better than that Lobdell...-_-

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#87  Edited By TheFirstLantern

Honestly I don't think it looks that bad. ALTHOUGH the drooling does seem like it should have been colored differently. I fear that this will be similar to Unchained.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.