Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

So where superboy now ?

• 55 results
    stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think both of you are wrong,I think it is the real kon-el and that he is either being framed by someone and that's why the Titans need to figure it out,or it is one of the many clones created of kon.

Maybe just maybe the crucible clones r connected to all the Futures End clones/alternates that kon had to stop and put down.

prgirl94 u need to post on cbr forum under a new topic or under the appreciation thread for Kon about Injustice having superboy and the Titans show up in the annual......before I do lol.

PRgirl94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By PRgirl94
    @glarinetta said:
    @prgirl94 said:

@glarinetta:

@glarinetta said:
    @prgirl94 said:

From what I've read in the solicits about Superboy in the latest Teen Titans issues and a tease in an interview that Will Pfeifer did with Newsarama in January about how this Superboy may not actually be Kon, I've been pretty sure that the Superboy that we're going to see in Teen Titans for the next few months is actually one of those clones that Korstus makes of Kon in that Supergirl Crucible arc. Now after just reading the preview for Supergirl #40 and seeing a confirmation from Korstus that he's already made those clones and that they're almost ready to come out, I'm even more convinced of this theory. But we'll have to wait for the full Supergirl #40 issue to come out in order to find out. Though it makes me anxious to see what really happens to Kon after the Supergirl Crucible arc. I'm hoping that after Kara saves him, she'll take him back to that diner to reunite with Superman and maybe spend some time with him. That would make a great ending that would correspond to the beginning of the arc. And that would also allow us to see how it affects Clark when Kon has to reveal his origins to him in order to explain his own resurrection.

Nice theory, and I actually suspect too that this isn't our normal Kon, but I don't also belive that this is one of those crucible clones. Non Superboy readers don't probably yet know that Kon was the second try. And the first's destiny was never explained.

Well, I'm not so sure about that #1 guy. It looks like they're trying to move away from NOWHERE right now and the end of Superboy #19 made it seem like Jon Lane Kent was taking that role. A Crucible Kon clone seemed to be the most likely suspect for a new Superboy impostor that would show up in Teen Titans and even now, it still does.

Like I said your theory is very possible, but somehow I just hope that isn't going to happen. :D I confess that. Well, hopefully we'll see something tomorrow.

I respect your opinion and I'm glad that you agree that my theory is possible, but I hope that you reconsider once you understand the reasons why I'm actually hoping for this.

1. It gives an interesting connection between the Supergirl Crucible arc that Kon is involved in and the Teen Titans arc.

2. It spares us the agony of having to see our Kon regressing into that violent, unstable, apathetic portrayal of Kon that the New 52 introduced him with and the solicits for Teen Titans 8 and 9, along with the interviews with Will Pfeifer about these issues, seem to be giving us hints of. (Which by the way, Stephens, hasn't been characteristic of the real Kon since he died and got resurrected and this fact, along with that tease from Will Pfeifer in that interview that I cited, is the reason why we believe that this isn't the real Kon that we're gonna see in Teen Titans. Also, those "many clones created of Kon" could actually be what I'm talking about with the Crucible clones. Kon had been a Herald of the Oracle, and thus had some knowledge of the future when he mentioned them in Secret Origins #7.)

3. This doesn't mean that something bad has to happen to Kon at the end of the Crucible arc. Like I said, it could be that Supergirl and her friends manage to save him and hopefully, she brings him back to Earth to reunite him with Superman. Then hopefully, while that clone is messing things up with the Titans in New York, the real Kon is staying with his family, getting that stability and guidance from Superman that he has so needed from the start, and when Kon finds out about the trouble that the Titans are in, he goes back to New York to fight his impostor and save his friends.

4. The DCnU has yet to have introduced an actual version of Match, so for those who were waiting for that, this Kon clone could actually turn out to be Match or something close to that.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta: @prgirl94:

At this moment I pretty much doubt the Other clone theory.

To say that any clone survived that explosion at the end of Supergirl #40 would be insane.

No. I believe it's the real Kon coming back to the Titans. The problem seems to me that he's already being accused of something he didn't do. At least not yet. At the end of Teen Titans #8 we see Manhattan looking at his cell phone and showing a image of Kon and saying that he had killed a lot of innocent people.

To which I've no idea what he's talking about. Either he's being framed or it has something to do with what happened in Supergirl #38 and now someone is making him look like the bad guy.

Either way, all questions will become clear in the annual issue of the Teen Titans.

PRgirl94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: Well, the solicits and interviews actually make it clear that the Superboy that they're talking about is going to be acting violently and controversially and that it's gonna make the Titans wonder whether they should stand with them or stand against them. That doesn't sound like the Kon that we've seen since he resurrected. Plus, as I mentioned, Pfeifer did tease that it might not be Kon in that Newsarama interview that I cited. Although it would seem crazy to believe that the Crucible clones survived the explosion, remember that this is comics. Kon's whole origin story is just as crazy, if not crazier. Not to mention that they do mention Kon having many clones in "Superboy: Futures' End #1" and "Secret Origins #7". It would seem redundant, IMO, if those clones came from anywhere else.

tristan95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that kon el/super boy has nothing to do with lex Luthor.

why? Because lex Luthor never mentioned even thinking about superboy in new 52(if someone knew please correct me)

But in the future?, maybe lex Has something to do with superboy, i don't know, just my opinion thought

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.