so Superman...

#1 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

where are your immigration papers!? stop taking the jobs of good honest hardworking american superheroes!

#2 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a good question?

#3 Posted by Supes1903 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing he just quit his job.

#4 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

He's lived here since he was a baby. He's saved the world countless times and is the living embodiment of the american way. I think we can call it even/

#5 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

Easy answer. He isn't an immigrant, he's a refugee. Bam, problem solved.

#6 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supes1903: HE'S DESTROYING OUR ECONOMY!!!!!

Stupid aliens,taking all the jobs!

(lol,jk)

#7 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't have an SSN... How did the Kents enroll him in school? Was he claimed as a tax dependent? How'd he get a lease on an apartment? Or apply for college? Or open a bank account? Is he registered to vote? Hell, I work in fast food and my application required an SSN!!

#8 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: LOL

That's the magic of comic books my friend!

#9 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Ya know, I wouldn't mind a story where by complete coincidence Pa Kent and Thomas Wayne meet, Pa wins him over with goodhearted Kansasness, and the Waynes decide to forge all the records for the Kents new illegal son. Silver Agey, yes, but I could see it made believable

Snyder and Morrison, get to work!!!!!

#10 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: Actually,I've never thought of that,but would love to see it.Even if it does seem silver-agey,it would be awesome to see.And it is believable,so I don't see why not!

(maybe as a backup story).

sending feedback/recommendation to DC comics now!

#11 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

imagine a bunch of minor american superheroes at a town hall meeting with batman at the podium trying to keep order and people like captain marvel(shazam) with the marvel family screaming things like "he took our jobs!".

#12 Posted by 80sBaby (1347 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, Superheroes don't (typically) get paid so...

#13 Posted by Goldenboy_Prime (172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supes1903 said:

Good thing he just quit his job.

Good people in this country are looking for jobs and that out of touch alien ingrate quits his!

#14 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@KnightRise: Actually,I've never thought of that,but would love to see it.Even if it does seem silver-agey,it would be awesome to see.And it is believable,so I don't see why not!

(maybe as a backup story).

sending feedback/recommendation to DC comics now!

I mean, if we can believe Jor-El spirit traveled to Earth and just happened to meet Thomas Wayne, we can believe Thomas just happened to meet John Kent...

#15 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

He doesn't have an SSN... How did the Kents enroll him in school? Was he claimed as a tax dependent? How'd he get a lease on an apartment? Or apply for college? Or open a bank account? Is he registered to vote? Hell, I work in fast food and my application required an SSN!!

Babies are still born everyday that aren't in hospital's. The Kent's were farmers. My own grandfather was born in a barn. It wouldn't be to hard for ma and pa to go down to the hospital with a newborn and get him registered. I imagine Ma and Pa were the relatively quite sorts too. They live on a farm and are relatively self sufficient so there aren't alot of people wonder about the pregnancy and things like that. Close friends would probably just keep there mouths shut.

#16 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

DEY TURK UR JERBS

#17 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@KnightRise said:

Babies are still born everyday that aren't in hospital's. The Kent's were farmers. My own grandfather was born in a barn. It wouldn't be to hard for ma and pa to go down to the hospital with a newborn and get him registered. I imagine Ma and Pa were the relatively quite sorts too. They live on a farm and are relatively self sufficient so there aren't alot of people wonder about the pregnancy and things like that. Close friends would probably just keep there mouths shut.

Never thought of that...seriously, wow, thank you. That makes perfect sense.

#18 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: No prob.

#19 Posted by Durakken (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyond that... Superman isn't an immigrant in Modern DC (pre-flashpoint) He was technically born on Earth in Kansas.

#20 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor "Superman where is your birth certificate!?"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.