Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Smallville video game anyone?

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

This is a fan made main menu for a Smallville game, and let's just say that it got me wanting one since Smallville was epic for me! Id say basically make it a what if game where you can play through the series but make different choices. For instance what if Clark had become Superman earlier, and how would that change things? Basically give you free reign to do what every you want with a branching story. The first few tutorial missions would be based around the first 3 seasons, with the 4th being the start of the game. I'd have Bioware make it to give it a greater depth in terms of character development. Back to the choices aspect, what if you could have Clark become a superhero and reveal himself sooner? Now for each choice comes a consequence. For instance if you choose to become Superman early, you'll have to deal with supervillains and different criminal organizations coming after you frequently. But if you choose to stay the Blur, then you'll have to sneak around and are for the most part less powerful than you would be if you choose to be Superman. For gameplay I'm thinking something like DCU Online(only a little more refined for single player console gameplay), with Mass Effect style conversation options. Stealth would factor in during some of the game if you don't want to reveal yourself to the world and stay the Blur, but if you want to go ahead and become Superman you can do that also. A secret identity would also come into play, with the Daily Planet being were you're assigned mission. As for the costumes, if you go Superman you can continue to wear your Blur costumes or the classic suit. Well would that make a great Smallville game?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Thats cool! the game could go like this.....

Level 1- Clark loses his powers 
     Level 2- Clark loses his powers 
    Level 3-Clark succumbs to Grey Kryptonite 
    Level 4- Clark loses his powers 
    Level 5-Clark succumbs to purple Kryptonite 

and so on...

Avatar image for greenlanternezekiel
    GreenLanternEzekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If a Smallville game was made I hope it has unlockable bikini skins for Lois. Erica Durance!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By danhimself

they can't get a regular Superman game right....a Smallville game would just be horrible

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By feargalr

I dunno.. superman games don't really work... and adaptations of movies/tv are even worse... like I've yet to see a game where super speed is done well... plus it would be near impossible to do a coherent story..... I know where your head is at and there's plenty of games I want to be made (Square enix just stop frakking around and remake 7, 8 and 9 already.. gawd) but free roaming type games like mass effect and such work because your character isn't invincible, he can't pick up buildings and smash through anything, the logistics of making a world like that are just impossible... for now....

@cattlebattle: You forgot the levels where Lana, Lois, Pete, Chloe, Lex, Johnathan, Martha, Oliver, Whitney, Lionel and Tess get Clarks powers and the 300 levels of fighting various flavours of kryptonite freaks... :P

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

@danhimself: Personally I think they'd have better luck with a Smallville game

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Mr. Dead Pool
    I think Smallville game with limited powers makes more sense. Give Clark strength, speed, limited durability, x-ray vision and heat vision. But he must fill Power Bar or something like this to use Superspeed or Heat Vision.
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle said:

Thats cool! the game could go like this..... Level 1- Clark loses his powers Level 2- Clark loses his powers Level 3-Clark succumbs to Grey Kryptonite Level 4- Clark loses his powers Level 5-Clark succumbs to purple Kryptonite and so on...

WIN.....all the levels and loose your powers

Avatar image for greenlanternezekiel
    GreenLanternEzekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nearly every video game sequel starts you off with lost powers anyway.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By azza04

Yeah it's a cool trailer...but it would suck big time.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Meh. Do a good Superman game first. Then maybe a game about his early life.

Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kiddevil

This would be cool. And the designers could probably make it cool.

YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By YoungThriller

I wouldn't care to tell you the truth,we need some new superman games out.The last superman game was superman returns.and we all know what people thought about that.I liked it because you were superman.I mean what isn't to like about being superman?I just feel like could have done his powers better.Break more buildings etc.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEGRAAF

@GreenLanternEzekiel said:

If a Smallville game was made I hope it has unlockable bikini skins for Lois. Erica Durance!

I would rather Laura Vandervort

Also im probably wouldnt play it. I would like to see Season 11 come out as a novel though like it was rumored

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By TheCrowbar

Nothing says fun! Like listening to 40 hours of whiny teenagers.

Clark: No one understands me

Chloe: /swoon

Lois: <White noise>

Lex: I'm the only good actor here.

Technobacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang why is everyone such a Debby Downer here

Technobacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang why is everyone such a Debby Downer here

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.