Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18885 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Smallville Superman or New52 Superman (Reaction Speed)

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

vs

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

New 52 Superman's best reaction feat is only in the millisecond reaction range

No Caption Provided

And I've heard that Smallville analysis/calculation of Clark's speed makes it quite fast indeed. So maybe Smallville Superman is faster than New 52 Superman.

Avatar image for l3g3ndarypheonix
    L3g3ndaryPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Smallville always had cool effects in the early seasons

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zandalf

New -52 Superman is fast enough to surpass and stop a laser beam and he has a brain which is million times (if not more) faster than a super computer as it was stated in one of the early issues of AC, but probably Smallville Superman is up there too.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smallville Clarks speed is all over the place, but his greatest legitimate reaction feat is FTL. He was able to see the light of a camera flash moving in slow motion, outpace that light before it reached him, and get out of the way. But then, episodes later, he probably got tagged by machine gun fire lol

But, on average, I would definitely put him higher than New52, or even pre52 Superman. His 'super speed/super speed perception is his go to move, and he has tons of feats using them.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By dorukesin

@buttersdaman000: in the Directors Cut(better version),he saw the light frozen.Which puts him above from nanosecond level.

@zandalf said:

New -52 Superman is fast enough to surpass and stop a laser beam and he has a brain which is million times (if not more) faster than a super computer as it was stated in one of the early issues of AC, but probably Smallville Superman is up there too.

really ? I never see that in comics.Can you give me that issues number ?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I wish we knew how fast BatVision is. As you can see, Superman is BEHIND Batman when Bat's activates his vision, and Supes successfully outruns it in something like 30ft to block it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I'm still not sold on laser related feats being quantified on a FTL basis. That's what Toptom proposes with feats like these. Still it is a good speed feat for Superman, there's no denying that.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@deaditegonzo: I'm still not sold on laser related feats being quantified on a FTL basis. That's what Toptom proposes with feats like these. Still it is a good speed feat for Superman, there's no denying that.

I agree, there is no confirmation that BatVision is = Lightspeed. If someone used it in a debate, id find there argument questionable at best. Good speed feat, but not a quantifiable speed feat.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

smallville got me into comics, that's why im a big superman fan

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Smallville’s Clark has some impressive speed feats, overall his portrayal as speedster is a very inconsistent.

But oh well. Gotta give a credit to Smallville version, after all it was his mainly used power for all 10 seasons; he probably wins on pure experience base.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This is a pretty awesome feat:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: @lvenger: yes, Superman dodging or stopping a laser may be a questionable feat...but that is just thanks to the many street level characters who can perform a similar feat (though no one of them could ever outrun an energy blast, i believe). That constant PIS has reduced the value of such a feat for the characters who really can dodge something that fast, then i don't see a reason to doubt that a laser beam in a comic book should be slower than light unless there is something that suggests otherwise. Now i'm thinking at a scan (pre-52 continuity) that shows batman avoiding a Dr LIght's blast and onother one in which is shown that Superman couldn't do the same....

@buttersdaman000: in the Directors Cut(better version),he saw the light frozen.Which puts him above from nanosecond level.

@zandalf said:

really ? I never see that in comics.Can you give me that issues number ?

Action comics # 14. Then there is also the medical feat in AC # 12.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom: Again, it has to do with the regularity by which street levellers and other characters dodge lasers plus statements in comics like Cyclops' optic blasts not being light speed. Some laser dodging feats occur in instances where the lasers aren't moving at light speed at all. I just find it illogical to base a categorisation of speed solely on laser dodging evidence.

Avatar image for josteinfleurme65
    Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Supes for the win!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.