Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Smallville Season 9 TV Spots

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Smallville Season 9 will be starting up soon.  The premiere is Friday, September 25, 2009.  The folks over at Movieweb have some TV spots for the show.  Check them out.  We're supposed to be seeing the end of the "Red and Blue Blur" (I believe they're shortening it to just the "Blur").  Will we actually be seeing Superman anytime soon?

What do you think?  We heard quite a bit what you guys thought of his new look when I posted the image HERE.  Seems some like it and some don't.  I was just saying yesterday that I'm not sure if I'm supposed to like this show or not.  Sometimes they do really cool things and other times I have no idea what the heck they're thinking.  I still have to catch up on last season.  I feel like I should be watching this show but often it just lets me down.

Now that Clark appears to be taking a more active role in saving people, perhaps the show will take a new direction.  Sure you may question why he's wearing black and all but as I said before, if he was wearing red and blue spandex, it would probably look kind of funny.  What works in comics doesn't always translate well into live-action.  

Also since the show if moving to Friday nights, I'm not sure what that will mean for the fate of the show.  I remember other shows that I was invested in that were canceled when they moved to Fridays like Max Headroom (yes, I'm still holding a grudge with ABC since 1988), Dark Angel, Firefly, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, etc.  Guess we'll see if Smallville can overcome this black hole of television programming.
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedK

so F%&*ing awesome

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @RedK said:
    " so F%&*ing awesome "
    That's what I want to hear.  I see a lot of "I haven't watch the show since season ____."  Obviously there must be some kind of decent ratings in order for the show to still be on.  I want the show to be good.  I really hope this season turns things around.  I want more highs than lows.
    PrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PrimeTime

I think it looks great. The suit I like but it could use some more red and blue. Although perhaps that will happen and the black is only because he's given up on his human side and all that from last season. Metallo is going to be great I think but I'm not too sure how I feel about Zod. I feel like he's just another Kryptonian bad guy...
    JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JThree47693

O man I cant wait for the new season.
    Dipic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dipic

Those are some obnoxious f--king ads on those videos. First they make you sit through one in the beginning, just to watch an 11 sec. clip, then while you're watching the video another pops up covering a portion of the damn screen, and finally more are displayed when the video is over. Like, wow... screw your ads, Google.

Oh, uh, yeah, Smallville. Looks okay. :p

vaage-aina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vaage-aina

hmmm interesting, i might actually check out this season....

Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sure looks good. 

Ya, the ads could be less intrusive. Maybe just to the black letterbox bar would have been enough. 

ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryanwh

Man, that uniform. -_-.
    Flying around in a black uniform at night just seems kind of contrast to the reality of the character. Superman wants to be seen. I know this is a teen drama but really the people who watched Smallville from the beginning have to be in their, like, early twenties by now.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By SevanGrim

matbe its because i missed most of last season, but none of this makes sense to me anymore....

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10  Edited By jakob187
    @G-Man: I'll put it this way - I own three different box sets of the Rambo collection, and I like Smallville.  I owned all the way up to season 7 (until I sold the majority of my DVDs).  I haven't seen any of the eighth season, but they brought Doomsday in on that, and let's be frank:  if Doomsday is brought in, Superman HAS to die.  That didn't happen from what I understand, which pissed me off.  I was okay with them twisting and bending the whole mythos, as it's a different medium.  However, pulling in Doomsday and doing what they did with him...that's crossing a specific line.  I was cool with the ridiculous JLA stuff for Green Arrow and Aquaman and Cyborg and Flash and all that.  I just can't be okay with Doomsday.  That was a significant event, not just in comics but CULTURALLY as well.  That was a WORLDWIDE thing:  Superman died!  SUPERMAN!  It's just a bit of a smack in the face, that's all. 

Nonetheless, the series has always been good, in that overly-dramatized soap opera way.  The stories have usually been decent, although plot holes are a mile wide.  You would probably enjoy the show, G-Man.  Go check out the first season over on Hulu and see what you think. 

I believe the show has overstayed its welcome.  I had always hoped that the series would end with Clark Kent finally becoming Superman, and then it stops.  I guess this is a bit of an origin thing still.  You can't just flat-out put him in tights...I guess.  Can you?  Either way, I was losing interest by season 7 anyways, as it was too much of the soap opera crap and not enough of the story arc for the season.  Maybe the soap opera crap WAS the story arc for the season...but still...BOOOORING!
    vuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vuki
    @ryanwh said:
    " Man, that uniform. -_-. Flying around in a black uniform at night just seems kind of contrast to the reality of the character. Superman wants to be seen. I know this is a teen drama but really the people who watched Smallville from the beginning have to be in their, like, early twenties by now. " 
    He ain't flying yet.  

@Grim said:
    " matbe its because i missed most of last season, but none of this makes sense to me anymore.... "
    You probably won't understand couple of things, like the concept of the Blur etc...you'll catch up. Or not. :P

I for one can't wait for the 9th season, I have kinda obsession over Smallville going on, so...yeah.
    Jeffmoocow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeffmoocow

I wish I was more excited for this season but I feel like almost every season I've watched of this show that I just don't really understand why I watch it more and more.  I feel like I only watch this show now is becuase I've watched 8 seasons and I should finish what I start but if this show doesn't end soon then I'll wait for the series finale to go up on Youtube and just watch it then...unless this season really surprises me and it turns out to be awesome then I will keep watching.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By buttersdaman000
    @ryanwh said:
    " Man, that uniform. -_-. Flying around in a black uniform at night just seems kind of contrast to the reality of the character. Superman wants to be seen. I know this is a teen drama but really the people who watched Smallville from the beginning have to be in their, like, early twenties by now. "
    im only 17....
    Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Grendel

No Caption Provided

Lame back then, lame now. **** or get off the pot, Smallville. Just become "metropolis" and get it over with:
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By NightFang3

Looks good to me.

themaskedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By themaskedhero

Sadly I feel like they're about 3 years behind themselves, Clark becoming the shadowy hero should have happened earlier simply to keep the series fresh.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Dipic said:
    " Those are some obnoxious f--king ads on those videos. First they make you sit through one in the beginning, just to watch an 11 sec. clip, then while you're watching the video another pops up covering a portion of the damn screen, and finally more are displayed when the video is over. Like, wow... screw your ads, Google.  Oh, uh, yeah, Smallville. Looks okay. :p "
    @The Sharp Dressed Lady said:
    " It sure looks good.  Ya, the ads could be less intrusive. Maybe just to the black letterbox bar would have been enough.     "
    I debated over posting them because of those.  Unfortunately I couldn't find them elsewhere.
    loosingsucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By loosingsucks

Whack!... what is he, Batman now.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Media_Master

He's finally ready to kick it!!!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn
    Smallville comes on Friday now ? 
    deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

I watched most of last season - missed a few episodes though. I'm catching up through the boxes. I'm on Season Four...I'll probably DVR the whole season...

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By SilverZeo
    @Grendel said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    Lame back then, lame now. **** or get off the pot, Smallville. Just become "metropolis" and get it over with: "
    True that, and have some real plot rather than over the top drama. At what part Jimmy being a druggie had to do with the plot?
    deadkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deadkid

no on the next one. cant wait till then.

Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CrimsonComedian
    @jakob187: Agreed. The way they brought Doomsday in was completely stupid. What would have been better, was if they brought Doomsday in (not as Davis), then given Clark the tights and ended it with a giant fight that lasted a couple of episodes. Season 1 was really good, 2 - a little better. 3? Meh, gettin' there. 4 was okay. 5. I kind of liked season 5. Season 6 - not happenin' for me anymore. Season 7 -  Laura Vandervoort in a bikini and stuff kinda made it happen... then it just got boring. Season 8, I started watching, after a couple of episodes in - I just gave up. It seemed like they were just winging the story line to try make it stretch out to as many episodes as they needed. Like that shadow thing? What was the point in that? O_o

The series seems to be getting a little more darker, when more and more people liked it when it was brigther. Ya know, bright sunny days in Smallville, Clark goin' to school, whilst saving people. Like I said, they should have ended it when Clark started working in The Daily Planet, just get him the tights, have him fight Doomsday and just end 8-8.
    SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

Cool! Can't wait to see it

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MKF30

Nice, Smallville rocks. Screw the haters...don't like it, don't watch it. Simple really...
    rasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By rasx

Looks good, just hope this season have a little more action in it!

Avatar image for namelesshenchman
    NamelessHenchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NamelessHenchman

I think this series started out strong, but the show has gotten a little dorky to be honest. But I guess that's the Superman vibe; I'm more of a Batman guy. Then again, who isn't. Haha

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Alaric

That show is still on? Lame...

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LP
    @Grendel said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    Lame back then, lame now. **** or get off the pot, Smallville. Just become "metropolis" and get it over with: "
    Dude, where did you get that picture? Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the show, and with the few problems that have maybe come up in it I still can't see why people are so hard on it...
    Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Grendel
    @LP:  Googled it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.