Smallville Season 10 Promo

• 66 results
Posted by G-Man (32615 posts) - - Show Bio

In just over a month the final season of Smallville begins. Since this is the last season, let's hope they go all out and give us everything we've been waiting for. Check out the latest promo for the tenth season. What are your thoughts? 

Staff Online
#1 Posted by *Girl of Steel* (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally... can't wait

#2 Posted by elevatorparty (103 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched the first season of this, then a few episodes here or there. Then I heard it was ending and watched as much as possible  
I want to get excited about this final series but I can't help but think it may let me down.  
it feels like every episode is only allowed so many seconds of fight time and so many seconds of clark using his powers.  
 The last series was good. it made the tiny fight scenes work within the story but I still feel like this is a $hit version of a comic. If Alan Moore ever wanted to demonstrate how comics are better then TV then this is a perfect example - this show is crippled by its budget. 

#3 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9004 posts) - - Show Bio

I love smallville and can't wait to see how they wrap the series up. Also hope they have a good spin off. My hope is for a Green arrow spin off. Love Justin Hartley 

#4 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

i cant wait

#5 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

If he doesn't fly, I'm going to be super pissed (no pun intended)

#6 Posted by Ms. Omega (4448 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver Knight75:
You and me both 
#7 Posted by sora_thekey (8161 posts) - - Show Bio

One year before Smallville began the Ultimate line of comics launched creating a whole new way of storytelling out of classic stories. They never were the same as the original source but in some way or another it created an homage for the original. Granted I haven't been reading the Ultimate line for 10 years but I love it either way...
I haven't been watching the series for 10 years but in the last 4 I watched every episode of the series... It's never the same as the original source but in some way or another is creates an homage to the original stories. Smallville is the "Ultimate" DC Universe creating a whole new way of storytellin out of classic stories...
That is why I love this series, and is excited for this ending season! :)

#8 Posted by daken_2513 (416 posts) - - Show Bio

it looks awesome
#9 Posted by Proverb (32 posts) - - Show Bio

How dare they include old clips that remind us Smallville had a sense of humour once. At least Clark's still dressing like he's an extra in a 90s cyberpunk movie...

#10 Posted by Preacherl2k (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring on the Red and Blue!!!

This is what I want to see!

nuff said.
#11 Posted by mrrpm01 (199 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" One year before Smallville began the Ultimate line of comics launched creating a whole new way of storytelling out of classic stories. They never were the same as the original source but in some way or another it created an homage for the original. Granted I haven't been reading the Ultimate line for 10 years but I love it either way...I haven't been watching the series for 10 years but in the last 4 I watched every episode of the series... It's never the same as the original source but in some way or another is creates an homage to the original stories. Smallville is the "Ultimate" DC Universe creating a whole new way of storytellin out of classic stories... That is why I love this series, and is excited for this ending season! :) "
Agreed sora I feel the same way about the series and even though the direction was shaky at times at least it kept us wondering and watching
#12 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

I can not wait. Its amazing that its been about 10 years since this series aired. Despite some mishaps episodes (or seasons), Smallville has come a long way.

#13 Posted by D34dM4n (79 posts) - - Show Bio

well, that was kinda awesome. i've had mixed feelings about Smallville for a while, but i am actually looking forward to this season

#14 Edited by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
Here are my points to the video:
0:48 - Lionel is going bald. Does he become a new version of Lex?
0:50 - Clark flies in an old clip. What happened to him never being able to fly?
0:57 - Zod gets a costume?

Also love that it says that Bizarro is coming back. I loved his episodes. 
Why does it look like Clark gets a haircut?

@sora_thekey
said:

" One year before Smallville began the Ultimate line of comics launched creating a whole new way of storytelling out of classic stories. They never were the same as the original source but in some way or another it created an homage for the original. Granted I haven't been reading the Ultimate line for 10 years but I love it either way...I haven't been watching the series for 10 years but in the last 4 I watched every episode of the series... It's never the same as the original source but in some way or another is creates an homage to the original stories. Smallville is the "Ultimate" DC Universe creating a whole new way of storytellin out of classic stories... That is why I love this series, and is excited for this ending season! :) "

So there is no Ultimate Batman, Ultimate Wonder Woman, or Ultimate Green Lantern?
#15 Posted by sora_thekey (8161 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428:  Not yet... ;)
#16 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey: Well they announced a while back that there will be no Batman, Wonder Woman, or Green Lantern because of the fact that they already have Batman and GL in movies and don't want them to get confused with Smallville versions. They were also hoping that they could get a Wonder Woman movie out too. Also, they said they didn't want Bruce or Diana to appear because they assumed that they would take away the spotlight. Green Arrow was their replacement for Batman.
#17 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428:   
All of those clips are from previous seasons. Example: Lionel's dead.
#18 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@lostlantern13: Um, Lionel's not dead anymore.
#19 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428: He may be returning just as Pa Kent is, but the clip you pointed out in the promo is from an earlier season where Lionel had just been incarcerated.
#20 Posted by Green Lantern 2814.5 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

YES YES YES YES YES!!!

#21 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@lostlantern13: I understand that it's an old clip but I do know that he is still alive. Unless he died during the second half of Season 9.
#22 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone notice the "Swarm of Bats?" I know its been stated repeatedly that due to legal issues Batman will never appear on Smallville, but I cant watch this clip (and that scene) without immediately thinking "maybe?"

#23 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428:  Lionel died in season 7...hasn't been on the show since season 7. Why are you saying he was around last season?
#24 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@lostlantern13: I heard it somewhere. For some reason I can't remember where.
#25 Posted by Scylla (60 posts) - - Show Bio

3 things I want to see this season!

LEX being brought back to the series

SUPERMAN finally...

BIZZARO back and alongside LEX

#26 Posted by skaterjoey (8 posts) - - Show Bio

season 10 looks spectacular ! btw i only said spectacular to get one of the quests done lol

#27 Posted by Lvenger (19350 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I want Clark to keep his Blur outfit for a while longer before he gets his Superman suit. Still, can't wait for Season 10! Trailer looks brilliant.

#28 Edited by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this season. I have been watching this show from the beginning and it is one of my favorites.Actually I have been watching this half my life. 

@TheMess1428:
He was capable of flying in the season 4 premier episode but only because his kryptonian self took over. He hasn't been to able to do this since then.

#29 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: Jor-El took it away from him at one point but I hate how they make it look like he has never been able to fly even though we have all seen him fly on the show already.
#30 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428: According to Jor-El he can fly.
#31 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: Well I remember something a couple seasons ago where Jor-El was mad and took his flight away or something. It think it was the writers' shortcut to get back to "No tights, no flights."
#32 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428: I don't remember anything like this. Maybe you confuse this with the season 5 premier episode where he stripped him of his powers when he didn't return to the fortress. In an another episode when Clark asked him why he can't fly, Jor-El told him that he is no different than the other kryptonians and that he isn't mentally ready to fly. But as you said most probably it's because of that rule that he can't fly yet. Since it's the last season hopefully this will change.
#33 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Wooo! Love Smallville :D

Can't wait.

#34 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Season 1 or 2 or 3(I don't remember..), he was hovering while sleeping. What's with his Kryptonian side then?  Embraced enough to do that? I know, he did it unintentionally, but still I found the reason of him not flying yet pretty pointless.

#35 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nick-SV(ril) said:
" Season 1 or 2 or 3(I don't remember..), he was hovering while sleeping. What's with his Kryptonian side then?  Embraced enough to do that? I know, he did it unintentionally, but still I found the reason of him not flying yet pretty pointless. "
Heh-heh, yeh, he was levitating in the second episode. 200 episodes later, still not off the ground :P

I suppose they would argue that in his unconscious state he was susceptible to his Kryptonian side becoming dominant, but it's still kinda dodgy. 

The whole thing of him not flying is just a psychosomatic symptom of his desire to remain as human as possible, aka, PIS.
#36 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: Yeah it was something like that. I wasn't too sure about the details. Yeah, they're supposed to make him fly and wear the costume in this season.
#37 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

It's true he was hovering in the first seasons like when he saved Lana from that tornado. But because of that rule he couldn't fly. I hope that this season he will fly.

#38 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428: It was about time for them to do that.
#39 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (570 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: Ha, Im pretty sure if you ask the producers about that scene, their reply will be like ,"huge leap".
#40 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: Yeah I think it was the plan all along. 

@Nick-SV(ril): You're soooooooo right.
#41 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nick-SV(ril): I remember him talking to his father about it, saying that it wasn't the tornado that was moving him but it was like he was moving on his own. But it's true most of the times it's a huge leap.
#42 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

interested to see the justice league in this...hopefully the wonder twins will be back too lol

#43 Posted by darkking (170 posts) - - Show Bio

this season looks etter than nine .
#44 Edited by VicRattlehead (41 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler:  yeh as soon as i seen it i paused and went back.... looking at it though they kinda look more like birds than bats but that is a very gotham looking gargoyle.... im kinda surprised no one else picked up on it i near jumped outta my seat lol
#45 Edited by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Well massive mind wipe anyone? I mean in order to work at the Daily Planet just run at super speed and french everyone. That was a joke so everyone knows

#46 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (570 posts) - - Show Bio
@VicRattlehead:  Yeah, I saw that smokey figure too, but after seeing those were just birds, didn't think it was that important (I guess)

#47 Posted by NightFang (9985 posts) - - Show Bio
@*Girl of Steel* said:
" Finally... can't wait "
#48 Posted by Thunderstone (579 posts) - - Show Bio
@Preacherl2k said:
"Bring on the Red and Blue!!!

This is what I want to see!

nuff said. "

basically the producers of the show said and im quoting here "No tights, no flights" which is why we will not likely see clark in tights or doing flights
#49 Posted by Robyn 666 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I have always been pretty damn impressed with Smallville. There have been some episodes that SERIOUSLY made me scratch my head...but I think for the most part they have been really good. They also filmed a lot it very close to where I live (well lived until 2 years ago) I used to be able to see  Oliver Queens "clock apartment" from where I worked :P   

I cant decide what I think about this last season...it may be too cheeze over the top, but I do sincerily hope I am wrong! Its been an amazing 10 years...I cant BELIEVE its been that long LOL!! Should be an interesting watch. Thanks for posting the clip, I hadnt seen that yet!! 

CHEERS
#50 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive been watching smallville since the beginning, even in the middle when it got all wierd, im sure the end will be something to see.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.