Smallville Season 10: Done Deal?

• 61 results
Posted by G-Man (30676 posts) - - Show Bio

There hasn't been an official announcement but CW president Dawn Ostroff is feeling good about Smallville getting a tenth season.  Entertainment Weekly got the exclusive word from Ostroff and this really shouldn't come as a surprise.

“I’m really pleased with the show. Creatively, I think they’ve done a great job. And the ratings are [strong] on Friday night. I have to commend [the producers]… It’s not easy in season 9 to keep a show fresh. And you know what I think? The fans have really liked the show this season." 

Smallville continues to be one of the CW's biggest shows.  Even though pure Superman fans might have issues with the show, our curiousity is still there.  We're all wondering where the show will go next.  Ostroff herself isn't sure what direction the show would take in a tenth season.  Could we finally see Clark in a proper costume?  It's still pretty open where the creators could take the show.  Orstroff also mentioned that the show's producers still haven't pitched their ideas for the last episodes of the season.  A lot will depend on if it's a season finale or a series finale.

For the most part, I do still like the show.  Sure I have my issues with it at times but I think you have to accept some things for what they are.  The show has handled some characters and events nicely.  I would just like a little more consistency.  What would you like in a tenth season?  Would you want more guest stars?  Would you want to see Clark actually become Superman?  Do you feel the show should call it quits?
Staff
#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if they'll ever cancel Smallville... or just re-label it as Justice League?

#2 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice I like the show and I will def watch season 10

#3 Posted by danhimself (22305 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a season 10...season 9 has actually been pretty good so far

#4 Posted by havco (87 posts) - - Show Bio

i want a Justice League  tv show,  smallville is almost done man on to the next one.   

#5 Posted by Niko (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallville needs to grow up already. It's not even in Smallville that much anymore. They just don't want to go through the painful rebranding process.

#6 Edited by NightFang (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be pretty cool if Smallville gets a 10th and finale season, then make a spin-off show called Metropolis.

#7 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

i rather a Supergirl spinoff with Laura Vandervoort.
#8 Posted by mystery997 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallvile is the highest superhero show to still be running after all the talk and lost characters Smallvile has a good 3 season left in it to bring more viewers in for this show clark needs to work more with the other heroes not just them causing problems and he uses his strength to fix them they need his greatest superhero partner 
 The batman. Clark needs more recongnized hero's not just those who are rarley seen and need this show for popularity. the most seen ones are on there but u rarley see the ones u want to see like Flash, Aqua Man,Black Canary, Cyborg those are more recongnized heros that i want to see more of lets hope the final Several months of the show will bring something to the minds of the DC comic hero lovers
from what i hear superman in the show won't have the traditional red blue and yellow he might have a suit like this
This is a possible suit for our smallvile hero instead of the traditional red blue and yellow
#9 Posted by SFX87 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats great news i love smallville. i no the show is not perfect but its still one of my top 5.
#10 Posted by buns134 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the show i hope it gets another season

#11 Posted by darknight100 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

cant wait to see what happens

#12 Posted by noname2062 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man , I agree that when watching the show, you just have to accept some things and just enjoy it for what it is. That being said, I would watch a 10th season, but the writers have to abandon the "no tights, no flights" rule. 6 seasons was more than enough to explain how our hero goes from Smallville farm boy to Metropolis'  Man of Steel. I think there's so much more they could be doing w/ him. More guests heroes wouldn't hurt either.

#13 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

There is at least a 10, Tom signed a season deal

#14 Posted by johnny_spam (2032 posts) - - Show Bio

The very fact that they have not yet pitched their season finale is what makes me shudder the last season finales were terrible because they felt cheap and rushed this makes me nervous.   

Also.........

This is Superman:                                                                                                       This is a pretender

#15 Posted by G-Man (30676 posts) - - Show Bio
@jefprice: He's signed a deal to do one.  Doesn't mean it'll happen.  It's just like in most movies when actors sign sequel clauses.  It's 'just in case.'  If it was definitely going to happen, the president of CW would probably know.
Staff
#16 Edited by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: I understand that, still they have 10 plotted out somewhat and including the President of CW most people involved have said there will be a 10th unless something happens, at least in other interviews and on some of the Smallville sites I've seen. I hope they follow through, I really enjoy the show. And it's not like the CW is doing better, this is their top rated show right? 

I think they pull in around 3.1 million right?
#17 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I really like this show, what they need is an apperance of Christian Bale as Batman

#18 Posted by Superparody (2011 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam said:
"

The very fact that they have not yet pitched their season finale is what makes me shudder the last season finales were terrible because they felt cheap and rushed this makes me nervous.   

Also.........

This is Superman:                                                                                                       This is a pretender

"

umm Id rather have the guy on the right save my life then the guy wearing tight red and blue spandex..... I mean cmon we all know the long black trench coat is the best
#19 Posted by johnny_spam (2032 posts) - - Show Bio
@jefprice:
It's not the highest rated show but is their second or third highest rated show (which isn't saying much by CW standards) it's lost many viewers just has solid ratings on Fridays that and it's fan base are what probably keep it from getting cancelled. I've seen online that fans of Smallville hate the CW President if she did cancel then they might crucify her (just bad mouth her on the internet). 
#20 Posted by Final Draft85 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! I really enjoy this show & where else would you get a chance to see some of DC comics other heroes. Congrats Smallville.

#21 Posted by johnny_spam (2032 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superparody:
There is no way that I can or will take the coat look seriously. When I see the coat look I see creators to scared to write Superman as Superman so they make an excuse at it's best I see the show as a prelude to Superman at it's worst I see this as an entirely different guy, not Man of Steel.
#22 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Season 10 will happen, Durance and Welling are already signed from previous updates supposedly...so I'm sure we'll see another season :) Just a matter of time before it becomes "official-official" news :) 

Can't wait and Smallville I must say is easily one of the best shows ever, probably the best to show Superman IMO....9 years? going on 10? yeah....not many shows can say that.

#23 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam: I knew it was close. Well Friday killed it, I think they'd see a jump again if it weren;t for that
#24 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
  I'm loving to see it get one more season, but to finally see him don the red/blue costume. Of course I would love to finally see Batman on the show. But I doubt it will ever happen. Since WB's don't want to ruin how well Batman is doing in the cinemas. Which I understand them doing that. But still want my Batman fix damn it. ha ha....Also, like to see maybe Wonder Woman or Green Lantern next season if they get renewed. And if they do get renewed I think Darkseid should be the main protagonist in season 10 - introduce Orion, High Father , Apokolips and some of the other New Gods. And bring back Doomsday. Give us a better fight and in the daytime so we can see it . ha ha.    

@mystery997:

Do you have a larger hi-res version of that image?
#25 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain:
Dude like I said earlier Christian Bale appears in one episode as Bruce/ Batman
#26 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8901 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this show and I love that it will get another season.
#27 Posted by pentagram (312 posts) - - Show Bio

i love smallville  the olny minor prob i have with it is that they killed jimmy & i thought it was gonna be darkseid at the end of the season finalie.

#28 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@reaper2923:
Bale would never do that. I wish he would but it wouldn't happen.
#29 Posted by Kid Anarchy (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

i say do a gotham show and then a jl show

#30 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see an appearance by Captain Marvel or at the least Billy Batson! Then I would be happy!
#31 Posted by Obsurity (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that different superman suit design. It would be nice to see Clark in a suit not some Matrix/Connor rip off.
#32 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

i would like them to get a writer who cares about how the world sees Superman. cuz whoever is writing right now sure doesnt.

#33 Posted by Gank (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallville doesn't exactly have the best writing on TV, but it's always fun to watch.  If they're going to do another season I'd like to see some more DC character cameos. I'd like to see Lobo (whether Guy Ritchie is directing the movie or not).

#34 Posted by Misk14 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

im confident smallville will break the record for longest running scifi show

#35 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

cancel it give us a green arrow show instead

#36 Posted by THEBlaqueBasterd (384 posts) - - Show Bio

IMHMFO... Their beating a dead horse, as much as it WAS one of my favourite shows ever.. they need to take stock & try ending this gracefully or go out wth a bang instead of prolonging this most sacred of mythos.. which SOMEHOW got turned into a drawn out soap-opera cashcow.

Like overprotective parents trying to keep 29 &half yr old "Jerry" from goin out into the world.. they really just need to LET GO

#37 Posted by E.I.S.A.M. (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Just end it. Please? Just let it end and be done with.

#38 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

It's time for Clark to don the Superman identity, and leave Smallville.
#39 Posted by LastSon1027 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallville has been the CW's highest rated show pretty much since it began I don't see it ending before 10. But i do think that will be the last. It seems to me that would be perfect timing for Tom to start on a Superman Movie.

#40 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the show up until Season 6, after that there have been some things I'm not too keen on but it's still a good show, love the guest appearances of DC characters

#41 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

They should start to spread out and do other heroes.

#42 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

have villains from apocalips and friends from new genesis come on the show

#43 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Conner Kent, and the possibility of Diana, Bruce, and other affiliated characters. I'm upset they skipped out on Roy Harper.

#44 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (262 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll be a huge challenge to continue on without Allison Mack (unless she reconsidered leaving after season 9), but I really do want more of this show.

#45 Posted by Grouchy224 (25 posts) - - Show Bio
I hope to god they get Clark out of that dumbass trench coat. This is Superman, and they have him parading around like an emo version of Superboy! BOO!
#46 Posted by Superparody (2011 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grouchy224 said:
" I hope to god they get Clark out of that dumbass trench coat. This is Superman, and they have him parading around like an emo version of Superboy! BOO! "

so wait you want him to but on his gay tights and a cape...WTF dude 
the Trench coat looks awsome... like neo...all clark needs now is shades
#47 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Emo is such a made up term used in the wrong ways... 

I mean, initially look at Johnny Cash. Always dressed in black yet was he considered "emo"  

That word seems to be tossed around loosely....just like the term "gay" used as an insult often. 

I have no issues with the trench coat, it makes Clark if anything look more serious, darker.  

I also don't think tights necessarily make people look "gay" but there can be a sense of style and direction with it. Superman personally, I think he'd look better with darker colors, same S and cape. Hell, maybe they can even use an alternate version of Black suit from the comics with a cap some how...at some point. 

At any rate, It'll be done and I look forward to season 10. P.S. for those concerned about Chloe being done after this year, the show survived without Lex, it can definitely survive without Chloe...besides, it's about "Superman/Clark" not these side characters....

#48 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally think the show went on for too long :P

#49 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Smallville is still going strong... Thats Awesome
#50 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

the villains of the season need to be darkseid, kalibak, steppenwolf, lashina, and the parademons

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.