Smallville Episode - "Idol" Images & Clip With The Wonder Twins

Posted by G-Man (34377 posts) - - Show Bio

You might be wondering what's up with the...Wonder Twins on Smallville.  This Friday, the CW is airing the episode "Idol."  Here's the official synopsis:

Superhero twins Zan (guest star David Gallagher) and Jayna (guest star Allison Scagliotti) show up in Metropolis to help The Blur fight crime but end up botching several rescues, landing Clark (Tom Welling) in hot water with the District Attorney's office. Clark decides to come forward as the Blur to clear his name. Allison Mack, Erica Durance, Justin Hartley, Cassidy Freeman and Callum Blue also star. Glenn Winter directed the episode written by Ann Coffel Saunders.

The question still remains whether or not the Twins are humans or aliens from the planet Exxor.  Here's some images from the episode:
(Click to enlarge:)
Here's a video clip to see if they can actually "activate" their powers:

What are your thoughts about the Wonder Twins?  Are you planning on checking this episode out this Friday?  What are the chances of seeing Gleek?
Staff
#1 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Lord. They're getting kind of desperate for new characters.

#2 Posted by mrduckluck (133 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate does twins
#3 Posted by Homicide (2970 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO
Wonder twin powers, ACTIVATE! 
^(^_^)>*<(^_^)^ 

I usually dont watch Smallville, but just to see the twins, lmao I'll watch it xD

#4 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what people say.... with the twins there this might be one of the best episode Smallville shows!

This is awesome!

#5 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

This brought a smile to my face. Very cool.

#6 Posted by The Human Stain (83 posts) - - Show Bio

While they most likely won't have Gleek actually appear, anyone want to bet that there'll be some sort of reference to him? Like they'll have a goldfish or dog named Gleek or something like that.

#7 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they looked more like the originals. They always looked Chinese to me. He looked like a younger version of Namor and she looked like a Vulcan. These two look like they are straight out of an Abercrombie & Fitch catalog. Still should be a cool episode.

FORM OF... A NEW LOOK!
#8 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

haha i just think its funny

#9 Posted by TicketyTock (30 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHA!  Thats worse than Super Friends!

#10 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll watch it.

#11 Posted by comicbufftoughstuff (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to this, I think the Wonder Twins deserve a little attention...they don't get much.

#12 Posted by beastcrawler (2 posts) - - Show Bio

it's kinda "so chessy"  it's cool! this looks watchable

#13 Posted by BatGhostin (56 posts) - - Show Bio

funny but ive seen worse... the guy with the supersonic  throat noise anyone lol 

come on you know the guy that made Clark blind
#14 Posted by NightFang (10068 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. I'll watch it.

#15 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Woooooooooooo!

#16 Posted by Clara Mass (8056 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice =D

#17 Posted by pentagram (312 posts) - - Show Bio

to tell you the truth i really dont like the wonder twins but i do like smallville, so i might watch it.

#18 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

I like seeing Metropolis use heros that will never get a movie. That was what was so great about Justice League Unlimited. They introduced me to a whole universe of characters I never heard of. Hawk & Dove? WTF? However, I'd rather they bring in Raven & Starfire onto their Young League. Raven for the magical side, & Star to be a fellow alien outcast that Clark can "bond" with.

But they better be aliens, not those F-ing metior freaks of the week.

#19 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Why so much hate on the Wonder Twins? lol it'll rock and it's known that whenever they bring DC characters into Smallville those are usually among the best episodes...looks good :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.