should there be more superman titles?

#1 Posted by supermanfan1234 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

jjj

what ideas would you guys like for new titles and what should they be about

#2 Posted by Vincent92 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanfan1234: no, cause the current superman title has not been so hot and that action comics has been good but grant morrison is leaving after issue 16

#3 Posted by supermanfan1234 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vincent92: it doesnt have to be about superman it could be a spin off like a series about steel or and it might sound crazy but a series about jimmy olsen and what secrets is he hiding(jimmy olsen series probably wouldnt go well).

#4 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he does,have you seen how many titles batman has?And yet superman is their flagship character.

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I'd rather have two amazing titles than several garbage ones.

#6 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

unless they offer something new than his current title, then no. I don't mind the batman titles because they offer something new. Batman and robin and Batman are different titles. I dislike the time when they were 3 wolverine titles. They offered nothing new.

#7 Posted by supermanfan1234 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAntiReVamp: and a lot of the batman titles are terrible but they dont get called out because everyone licks batmans ass but hopefully man of steel will change peoples pionion on superman and get them into comics

#8 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

no, i just think they need to make the ones they already have good. action comics started out awesome but the recent issues failed to impress me. i think morrison has gotten bored writing superhero comics and is just putting out lame stories that he knows we will buy. superman isnt good at all its boring. i think they will probably wait until Man of Steel comes out to pick up the ball on superman.

P.S. i dont think any charecter no matter how popular deserves more than 3 titles

#9 Posted by PowerHerc (80842 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they're all good, Superman should have as many titles as possible.

#10 Posted by SuperJimmy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Amother kryptonian character spin-off ongoing series. Actually, I have a lot of theories and ideas in the back of my mind as to how to do this.

#11 Posted by JayMar89 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

yes batman is in like 5 books his own then theres all the batm family books. Give steel a book put the S back on his chest supes another book and a super family book that has kal, kara and kon-el in it like batman and robin but superman/supergirl? or call it house of el i dont know but i do know i needs more supes

#12 Posted by Twentyfive (2749 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanfan1234 said:

@TheAntiReVamp: and a lot of the batman titles are terrible but they dont get called out because everyone licks batmans ass but hopefully man of steel will change peoples pionion on superman and get them into comics

I think we can be friends.

I personally would not mind a Steel comic starring John and his niece Natasha Irons

#13 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Dernman (14615 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes as long as the character isn't Kryptonian, Daxamite, or same power set it anyway. Some people might like a Steel, Luthor, one of the other characters that could be connected to him.   Hell we could have a Superman: Metropolis book.

#15 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

No, I'd rather have two amazing titles than several garbage ones.

This.

#16 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!

I think they should have one metropolis title where they introduce new superheroes in mertropolis. Steel would be good.

A Superman and Supergirl or Superman and Superboy would be fantastic.

Or even Superman, Brave and the Bold.

#17 Posted by homeslice (178 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

As long as they're all good, Superman should have as many titles as possible.

This.

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17167 posts) - - Show Bio

NO

#19 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

After the film comes out, i wouldn't be surprised if they added another superman book called Man Of Steel, if the film's successful that is.

#20 Posted by supermanfan1234 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

i think all of the superman titles have been good but people just cant handle anything new

#21 Posted by Douche_Macenzi (11 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to sort out the ones he has before giving him any more. Action comics is awesome but the superman series is just plain awful. Hopefully lobdell can sort it out. I'd like to see a superman/batman book, yes it's another batman but i think it would b kool in the new 52. They did say in justice league that they work together outside the league so I'd like to see some of that.

#22 Posted by supermanfan1234 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@Douche_Macenzi: i think they could do a awsome superman incorporated where he goes around the universe and multiverse to try and get a team of supermermen to get rid of evil

#23 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9334 posts) - - Show Bio

A nicely written Steel Book

#24 Posted by HolySerpent (12433 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.