Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Should superman get more cosmic adventures or should they use Mon-el for that?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Poll Should superman get more cosmic adventures or should they use Mon-el for that? (20 votes)

Supes Cosmic 65%
    Mon-el 35%

Would you rather see Superman spend more time in space or have Mon-el be the space/cosmic character so then we could still see a "kryptonian like" character in space....plus his costume is cooler than Supermans

• 
    kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kidchipotle

I personally would like to see Superman in more cosmic stuff but not all the time. I really liked how during New Krypton while Kal was away he had Mon-El defend Metropolis. I'd like to see a story or arc that goes something like Superman Comics features Superman out in space for a time while Action Comics features Mon-El defending the city (he could also take his spot in the league while he's away). Something of a "here and now" story.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Superman would be a great cosmic character.
    He could be put as a leader to an intergalactic team(GotG-esque) since his mission about Truth and Justice is universal.
    Superman, Adam Strange, Captain Comet,Hawkgirl, Kilowog( it's only natural that a GL would be in a vigilante police team to keep an eye on it) it could work...I think.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman would be a great cosmic character.

He could be put as a leader to an intergalactic team(GotG-esque) since his mission about Truth and Justice is universal.

Superman, Adam Strange, Captain Comet,Hawkgirl, Kilowog( it's only natural that a GL would be in a vigilante police team to keep an eye on it) it could work...I think.

id read that so hard my eyes would tear through the pages......but dc probably wont do this....you know because its a good idea

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does mon el even exist in the new 52?

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yep supes maybe something with pax galactica

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: I don't know....I'm sure he will eventually

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Does mon el even exist in the new 52?

He's currently in Justice League United.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I always wanted an story arch about Supes on a comics walkabout

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I was confused for a second lol. I wondered if you were talking about a Morrison style meta-comic.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@squalleon: too complicated. Just Supes and Lobo(90s)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Squalleon

@superguy1591 said:

@squalleon: too complicated. Just Supes and Lobo(90s)

What about that was complicated?

A well balanced team formed by DC's most popular cosmic characters, fighting for truth and justice its pretty much universal justice league. Its not that complicated!

Considering the X-men are still out there selling well even though their history is a huge mess of continuity and Morrison is considered one of the best comic book writers I HARDLY think my idea was complicated.

Also I see a book about Supes and Lobo teaming up being only a mini-series. Especially considering their chemistry.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@squalleon: That's just it, a cosmic Superman wouldn't be a regular book, right?

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

I always liked the stories where Superman hung around Metropolis and interacted with the Daily Planet and all that stuff. I don't mind seeing him in some cosmic stuff sometimes though I wouldn't want what happened to Green Lantern happen to him.

I think having Mon-el go do more cosmic stuff. It'd be cool to see DC take chances and give books to characters like Mon-el. I am getting tired of the same extra Batman or Superman book.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buttersdaman000

I really want some cosmic/off earth arcs for Superman. I've wanted it for years. I was stoked for New Krypton when it first came out and sorely disappointed when it turned out to be bleh. So yeah, put Superman in space! And, since he has two main titles, it's not like he has to leave Metropolis either.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Squalleon
    @superguy1591 said:

@squalleon: That's just it, a cosmic Superman wouldn't be a regular book, right?

Why not? I really don't see a problem.

@sog7dc said:

@squalleon: it was a great idea, seriously.

I like to think it has a good amount of fan-service and practicallity.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Only idfference is that I'd swap out Kilowog for Indigo-1. I like them for some reason.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@squalleon: Only idfference is that I'd swap out Kilowog for Indigo-1. I like them for some reason.

I put them with an objection in mind.
    Raan and Thanagar are DC's most well known alien planets(except krypton and the fourth world) that have the potential to create multiple titles. They have been the center of plenty of events in the DCU and have known characters living or born there. Also I feel their animosity towards each other and rivarly would prefectly justify why Strange and Hawkgirl are there, to make sure that both planet's interests are met. I think a GL would fit better in terms of plot, just because the GL's protect and have knowledge on the whole universe, the only reason I picked Kilowog was for fan-service to make use of him since we don't get enough of him and he is a fan-favorite. As for Captain Comet(I was thinking of the GA/SA version), I picked him because he is a classic cosmic character that should be in there for both of a nod to the history of the DCU and because he could play the role of the guide, considering he is the only character who has travelled extensively among the stars.The odd choice here is Superman. But considering he is the character who paved the way for the DCU to expand since his creation and multiple times after that, like in Kirby's Jimmy Olsen or in Final Crisis, I think his appearance is perfectly justifiable, Superman is to the expansion of the world of DC, what Flash is to the crisis.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I say both?

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see Superman going on a long trip through the galaxy, and he could leave someone like Superboy in his place.

I think it's time those two at least get to know each other, and starting to build a friendship of mutual respect.

That way if Pax Galactica or any other extraterrestial race, group or even a cosmic entity required Superman help, he could simply leave Kon in charge of things until he came back.

Mon-El in some ways is a card out of the deck. He's in the future with the Legion and honestly I don't see him coming back.

So the most logic choice would be Superboy. At least until we see if the events seen in Future's End happen has it has been hinted or things change, and both Power Girl and Val-Zod come to Earth and specially in the case of Val-Zod, Superman takes it upon himself to help him adjust and he becomes someone that can replace Superman when he's off planet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.