Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

September Superman solicits (no covers)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Squalleon

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #4

Written by BRYAN HITCH

Art by BRYAN HITCH and DANIEL HENRIQUES

Cover by BRYAN HITCH

GREEN LANTERN 75 Variant cover by ALEX GARNER

On sale SEPTEMBER 2 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

As The Flash struggles to get back to the present, the rest of the team regroups for a rematch against the overwhelming forces of the Church of Rao. And, as foreshadowed in issue #1, they must also consider how to prevent the seemingly inevitable death of Superman!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #44

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Art and cover by JASON FABOK

GREEN LANTERN 75 Variant cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO

On sale SEPTEMBER 16 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

Darkseid versus Anti-Monitor! A corrupted Superman versus Lex Luthor! Myrina Black versus Grail! This chapter of “Darkseid War” has it all—plus an ending that will change the League forever!

ACTION COMICS #44

Written by GREG PAK and AARON KUDER

Art and cover by AARON KUDER

GREEN LANTERN 75 Variant cover by NEIL EDWARDS and JAY LEISTEN

On sale SEPTEMBER 2 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

The epic “Truth” arc reaches its finale as Superman makes some brutal choices and discovers the source of the Shadow Warriors.

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #24

Written by GREG PAK

Art and cover by ARDIAN SYAF and VICENTE CIFUENTES

GREEN LANTERN 75 Variant cover by DAVE BULLOCK

On sale SEPTEMBER 9 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

The epic “Truth” arc reaches its finale as Superman discovers the true fate of Batman and makes a fateful decision.

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #21

Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA

Cover by PAULO SIQUEIRA

GREEN LANTERN 75 Variant cover by JOE QUINONES

On sale SEPTEMBER 16 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US RATED T

The epic “Truth” arc hits close to the heart as dark secrets come to light, forcing Superman and Wonder Woman to question whether their relationship can work in this new world of identities revealed and questionable actions.

SUPERMAN #44

Written by GENE LUEN YANG

Art and cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and KLAUS JANSON

GREEN LANTERN 75 Variant cover by KEVIN NOWLAN

On sale SEPTEMBER 23 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

The epic “Truth” arc reaches its finale as the Daily Planet and its staff may be the first casualties of Clark’s identity being revealed!

BIZARRO #4

Written by HEATH CORSON

Art and cover by GUSTAVE DUARTE

On sale SEPTEMBER 2 • 32 pg, FC, 4 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED E

Cigam! Look out Zatanna—you’re about to meet your match in backwards magic spells when Bizarro and Jimmy break up your act in Branson, Missouri!

DOOMED #4

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL

Art and cover by JAVIER FERNANDEZ

On sale SEPTEMBER 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

It’s Wonder Girl vs. Doomed on the streets of Metropolis! Reiser is just a regular, everyday teenager who changes into a huge, poisonous doom-monster…But all that turns upside down when he gets the chance to meet his big crush…the only problem is, Wonder Girl’s idea of a “crush” is beating Doomed senseless!

GRAYSON ANNUAL #2

Written by TOM KING and TIM SEELEY

Art by ALVARO MARTINEZ and RAUL FERNANDEZ

Cover by MIKEL JANIN

On sale SEPTEMBER 30 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

When Dick comes home to find that the Batman he knew is gone, he seeks out his mentor, Superman. But both friends have changed since they last met. Can they find common ground and team up to stop Blockbuster’s plans for Spyral?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Squalleon

Some thoughts:

• "Truth" Finale! Brutality, death and more whinning.
    • Corrupt Superman in JL. Great! Because that's what I missed an evil Superman or one with distorted morality.
    • THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN...shocking, never saw that before.
    • Grayson annual looks great. I like how they mention Supes as one of Dick's mentors.
    SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

JLA- Interesting. Seems like this book is gonna be really out there story telling.

JL- I'm getting a bad feeling about the ending.

Truth Arc- Not sure I feel about brutal choices being made. I'll have to wait and see what it mean. I like that the Daily Planet is a target, that's cool. DC constantly taunting us with a possible SM/WW breakup, I'm 60% it's not gonna happen but I'd be lying if I'm not sweating it.

Doomed- I was thinking of dropping this book but that solicit sounds hilarious. Grabbing it

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLA- Interesting. Seems like this book is gonna be really out there story telling.

JL- I'm getting a bad feeling about the ending.

Truth Arc- Not sure I feel about brutal choices being made. I'll have to wait and see what it mean. I like that the Daily Planet is a target, that's cool. DC constantly taunting us with a possible SM/WW breakup, I'm 60% it's not gonna happen but I'd be lying if I'm not sweating it.

The first arc is heavily focused on Superman. The preview of the first issue is out and it is Superman focused. Even the villain is Rao or more probably an imitator.

Tomasi says they are out of the honeymoon and they have to be tested. Three months of stories are hardly tested.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@squalleon: the combined covers of AC and Suoerman make for one hell of a wallpaper :P

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@squalleon: the combined covers of AC and Suoerman make for one hell of a wallpaper :P

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SaintWildcard

Probably the first time I really liked the Truth Superman look. He doesn't have that huge muscle gut they gave him.... now if only he had his shaggy hair it be perfect T-T

They say never judge a book by it's cover..... well I can't. This looks funny as hell. Maybe Lobdell will make this one work, cus God knows Superman needs a bigger family and this one would possibly by one of the best IMO behind Supergirl and not counting Krypto cus he's a dog (no offense @blazingnova)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@saintwildcard: now that is one sexy cover

Eh, not a fan. These theme covers for Truth ain't really grabbing me. I honestly preferred the one color background covers of this month over Septembers and August covers. I also wasn't loving the GL month covers enough to desperately want them, but I kinda want them over these covers.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: on their own they aren't that impressive but put together like that that brings out the awesome But I do get what your saying.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Superguy1591

No real interest in JLA.

I guess Lex's "Green Knight" suit will be used against Supes.

Superman and Grayson have my interest, that's for sure.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLA- Read the preview for the first issue and that has me interested, so looking forward to this.

JL-Thought i would be looking forward to this. Still am but not for anything Superman.

Truth- Finally the daily planet is threatened, one would think that would happen sooner :P

Grayson- Genuinely excited for this.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SaintWildcard

Truth- Finally the daily planet is threatened, one would think that would happen sooner :P

Superman is the series that takes place in the first few days post loosing his powers and identity being revealed. The other two take place much later

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Wonder Woman behind some of the crap Superman's going through? does DC want me to hate all the characters in Superman's book?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SaintWildcard

@azza04 said:

Is Wonder Woman behind some of the crap Superman's going through? does DC want me to hate all the characters in Superman's book?

I really hate this theory but it's sounding like it. don't it? It would kinda make sense, Diana's totally smitten by him so it make sense why she would want him to herself, the weird Convergence Preview and the In Bed Preview. It would go completely against her character to be so petty and it could be an other misdirect in the solicit. This has to be the 5th time they allude to them breaking up.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04 said:

I really hate this theory but it's sounding like it. don't it? It would kinda make sense, Diana's totally smitten by him so it make sense why she would want him to herself, the weird Convergence Preview and the In Bed Preview. It would go completely against her character to be so petty and it could be an other misdirect in the solicit. This has to be the 5th time they allude to them breaking up.

If that's the case it's going to piss of Superman/Wonder Woman fans. Like you said it's completely out of character for Diana.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04 said:
    @saintwildcard said:
    @azza04 said:

If that's the case it's going to piss of Superman/Wonder Woman fans. Like you said it's completely out of character for Diana.

Not just SM/WW fans, but WW fans period. IDK, I'm betting it's an other misdirect, I think why Lois leaked his identity will be revealed in either SM or AC.Plus it would be out of nowhere for Diana do have something to do with this. And as I said, this isn't the first time they allude that they will break up. Tomasi's thing seems to be testing out the relationship and showing that they can get through it all.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
    QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for Grayson and Superman!

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Superguy1591

@saintwildcard said:
    @azza04 said:
    @saintwildcard said:
    @azza04 said:

Not just SM/WW fans, but WW fans period. IDK, I'm betting it's an other misdirect, I think why Lois leaked his identity will be revealed in either SM or AC.Plus it would be out of nowhere for Diana do have something to do with this. And as I said, this isn't the first time they allude that they will break up. Tomasi's thing seems to be testing out the relationship and showing that they can get through it all.

While I wouldn't put it past DC to disrespect Wonder Woman like that, I'm hoping they don't do it. I really wouldn't put it past DC though, since, the only way to make Lois Lane look like the best woman for Superman is to make all other women look bad.

Lana was crazy in the P52 universe, and if they make Diana betray him in some creepy stalker way I think I might be done with Superman solos for a while.

DC needs to find a more peaceful way to separate the two of them.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:
    @azza04 said:
    @saintwildcard said:
    @azza04 said:

While I wouldn't put it past DC to disrespect Wonder Woman like that, I'm hoping they don't do it. I really wouldn't put it past DC though, since, the only way to make Lois Lane look like the best woman for Superman is to make all other women look bad.

Lana was crazy in the P52 universe, and if they make Diana betray him in some creepy stalker way I think I might be done with Superman solos for a while.

DC needs to find a more peaceful way to separate the two of them.

Lois, his supposed best friend and Diana his girlfriend have conspired behind his back and leaked his secret ID....it sounds so stupid, like a TV drama. Yeah I have a feeling I'll be finished with the title for a while if this turns out to be the explanation.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04 said:

She and Lois agreed on the outing of the SID. Who knows?

No real interest in JLA.

I guess Lex's "Green Knight" suit will be used against Supes.

Superman and Grayson have my interest, that's for sure.

Kinda sad that DW war which is Johns' the story that was build up for years uses cliches like evil Superman.

I love seeing Supes and Dick together. Their interactions are always great no matter the identity Dick holds.

JLA- Read the preview for the first issue and that has me interested, so looking forward to this.

JL-Thought i would be looking forward to this. Still am but not for anything Superman.

Grayson- Genuinely excited for this.

I thought the preview was okay. The art was kinda silly in places, like how Superman is posed.

Yeah, what I said above to Superguy

*sigh*

Glad I am not the only one. I love the interactions between these two

I can't wait for Grayson and Superman!

Yeah!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04: At first I thought maybe it was some sort of jealousy thing, but now I see you meant that maybe she was just in cahoots with Lois. I think Lois did most of he planning, but at worst she told Diana what she was gonna do. I don't think Diana planned alongside Lois. I also think since Clark was too pissed a Lois, Lois had a girl chat with Diana about this thing so that's probably what she was referring too.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: If Diana did it out of jealousy that's even worse. Wonder Woman fans would be so mad and quite rightly so. It would be terrible characterization. I doubt this is the explanation they use. I have to say, I wasn't all that excited about this story arc but I'm curious enough now just to see how this mess plays out, even if I have a feeling it will piss me off.

I'm wondering whether this will somehow tie into that scene in Futures End where Diana say's her well being is the last of Clark's worries. Or if that's just going to be left unresolved.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

So it seems that the Truth arc will not resolve Superman exposed identity. Clark, for all intended purposes is gone. Has for the shadow warriors, let me guess, they're Superman subconscious manifestations. And once he faces the reason why they appeared, his powers are gonna come back like nothing happened. (God I hope I'm wrong!)

Has for the war between Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor will currupt Superman... Honestly I don't know what to think about it. What kind of curruption? Will it be willingly or forced upon him? Has long has they change that ridiculous belt they put on Superman suit. I wonder who's brilliant idea was to place what it seems like a arrow in Superman's belt.

Has for the rest... I got nothing to say, for now.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

Has for the war between Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor will currupt Superman... Honestly I don't know what to think about it. What kind of curruption? Will it be willingly or forced upon him? Has long has they change that ridiculous belt they put on Superman suit. I wonder who's brilliant idea was to place what it seems like a arrow in Superman's belt.

Has for the rest... I got nothing to say, for now.

I expect a silly fight with Luthor coming out as a good guy. Personally I don't want to see any kind of "corrupt" Supermen for the next decade or so because with Injustice, Earth 2 etc I got my fair share of my favorite character turning constantly evil in some way.

Worst thing is that sometimes it looks like a tiny skull on his belt. Why? Why even put that shape and not a classic Superman pentagon at the least.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

Personally I don't want to see any kind of "corrupt" Supermen for the next decade or so because with Injustice, Earth 2 etc I got my fair share of my favorite character turning constantly evil in some way.

Absolutely! I'm also tired of seeing Superman go off the reservation, and simply go nuts. We already have Injustice for that same purpose.

But I got to confess, that maybe the word "curruption" might be misleading in a way. And I'll explain why. When I saw the cover where we see Batman seating in the Mobius chair and Lex on one side and Superman on the other looking like he was doing his Flare thing but in Black and White, in that moment I thought "Hmm... Wonder if the Anti-Monitor while trying to get rid of Superman, will actually give him anti-matter powers or something related, and that's why the look."

And reading about the "curruption" thing, I can't wonder but think that maybe something will actually happen to him, but not in a evil kind of way. Lets imagine for a second that the Anti-Monitor anti-matter energies are somehow absorved by Superman, but he can't handle that power both physically and mentally, giving him a kind of endless hunger for power, and the change allows him to actually absorve all kinds of matter and energy and he himself starts fighting both Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor, while at the same time consuming everything around him, to grow more powerful.

When I saw Batman in the chair I thought immediately that Batman greatest challenge in this arc would be to not lose himself in the power, but maybe it will be both Superman and Batman fighting for their very souls.

Has for Lex. I found it strange in the preview were we saw him shouting "Superman, where are you!" while holding what seemed like Superman cape. I would expect anyone but Lex to do something like that. If he's gonna come out of it looking like a hero... Who knows?? Most likely, seeing that he always has a way of spinning things in his favor. To be honest that's like my last concern right now. Has you might have guessed it by what I just wrote :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.