Scott Snyder Talks Superman

#1 Posted by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad he sees and knows the huge differences between the Batman and Superman tones. I hear a lot of people worried that Scott is going to make Superman dark but I don't believe that's going to be the case. This will still be a challenge to Scott considering his tones and atmosphere for his previous works. Lee on the other hand is going to knock the ball out of the park. There is no doubt in my mind that Lee will do nothing less of an excellent job.

#3 Posted by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88: I quite agree.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this story. I haven't read a great Superman book in a while.

#5 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for next year.

#6 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so glad the world didn't end today. We are getting this book, the new Sandman book and Man of Steel. Gonna be a good year.

#7 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glitch_Spawn: Superman saved us :P
#8 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: I just read the whole interview and just the little Snyder said has me excited already. The joke about Superman IV was good to lol.

#9 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glitch_Spawn: LOL indeed.
#10 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: Does anyone know if it's a mini or?

#11 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glitch_Spawn: So far...Ongoing.
#12 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: Hmm *pulls out old Man of Steel tpb*

#13 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome, cant wait.

#14 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88 said:

I am glad he sees and knows the huge differences between the Batman and Superman tones. I hear a lot of people worried that Scott is going to make Superman dark but I don't believe that's going to be the case. This will still be a challenge to Scott considering his tones and atmosphere for his previous works. Lee on the other hand is going to knock the ball out of the park. There is no doubt in my mind that Lee will do nothing less of an excellent job.

I agree.But i don't think that Scott made Batman dark he just made his villains dark,i just hope that will be the same cass with superman.and as for lee,he never did disappoint me.i can't wait to see what are does two going to do with superman

#15 Posted by Billy Batson (58021 posts) - - Show Bio

Read it earlier. Worthless interview.
BB

#16 Posted by toptom (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

seems great! i hope that they will keep his current powerl level and intellect...but i am confident about that. can't wait for the art!

#17 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3094 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for this title, it sounsds like it's gonna be great!

#18 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Jim should draw Wonder Woman in a second title before he starts another Superman run. . . . :)

#19 Posted by Lvenger (19851 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icon: Nice interview. I was sceptical about Snyder writing Superman but he won me over with his official announcement and subsequent interviews. Snyder knows the character and isn't going to do his usual dark twisted stuff with Superman. But his plans still make it sound like he knows what to do with Superman.

#20 Edited by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Yes, overall I was impressed with what Snyder had to say. What I got out of this interview is that he understands who Superman is; his sense of responsibility and restraint (i.e. why Superman holds back so often), his loneliness and isolation, that Superman is inspired by humanity and not just here to inspire us, and the toughness or boldness of Superman, that he just won't ever give up. That makes me think he will write the character well, so I'm excited. And I know Lee's art will kick ass.

#21 Posted by Jean199999 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@Glitch_Spawn: Superman saved us :P

Nope Buffy did, and yet again the world won't remember a thing of her struggles to thwart the apocalypse.

#22 Posted by Lvenger (19851 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icon: Agreed on all counts. I can't wait for his new series! I'm thinking it'll be released to coincide with Man of Steel fever in June/July.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.