Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Scott Snyder Interview on Unchained Conclusion

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Although I've made several threads pointing out and critiquing the late, late, LATE delays Unchained has gone through, I think this interview makes it clear, even if it's never admitted, that Jim Lee is the one responsible for these delays. Snyder's interview with Newsarama demonstrates that he has had the end game for his one shot Superman storyline in mind and I really enjoyed listening to Snyder's discourse on what the next issues have in store for the Unchained storyline. Check the link out here if you're interested in what Snyder has to say and feel free to share your thoughts or grievances about Superman Unchained below:

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading, damn it I meant to say reading. How could I listen to a written interview? :P

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

No Caption Provided

This is what waiting for Unchained is like

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I recently read issues 1-5, and remembered why I liked it again. ( these delays are really killing the title )

But anyway I am most excited for the Lex/Jimmy story. I mean Superman's story is good too, but that one seems more interesting to me. While the Lois one has not grabbed my attention at all.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By 2cool4fun

Btw, I think Wrath is supposed to represent the Superman from The Dark Knight Returns, which I find very awesome. As it shows us just how different the real superman is from that one.

I mean just the way Snyder described what Wrath is saying to superman, reminded me so much of the speech Superman gave to Batman in TDKR

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Jim Lee is always an issue when it comes to art. He holds everything up. He does great work but he is so slow

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's nice that Snyder has planned for years ahead ;)

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I need to reread the whole series

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: Basically you're right on the Wraith point, Snyder has said that Wraith represents the Golden Age Superman who was more willing to bash the Japs and sock Hitler on the nose whilst dragging Stalin to the League of Nations. A super being who's more willing to take the greater good path and interfere more in the course of human history whilst remaining slightly aloof.

I need to reread the whole series

No kidding, it's a lot to take in :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unchained is the best superman book out there I am sad that it isn't gonna be going on for much longer. And the delays just make it worse, even though jim lee's art is still awesome.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

It's a shame Unchained is ending. I really want to see more of Scott's plans for Superman. But with his creator-owned work returning, I understand he has to leave something and Batman isn't a choise considering how overhyped it is.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My opinion about Unchained didn’t change since last similar thread. Nevertheless, it’s a pretty solid title … miniseries, too bad that it will last only 9 issues.

I glad about whole character development part Snyder talked about; glad that he included Super’s cast. What I don’t like entirely – another one Trinity cameo. In New-52 rout of guest-appearances in Superman’s titles is increased. I would have thought that with BM/SM and SM/WW titles out here this situation would improve, but even in mini-series dedicated to Superman himself Bruce and Diana going to play a important part. Maybe I just nitpicking, but still I don’t like it very much.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eternal19

It sucks that Superman unchained is ending but I dont think that it is that good anyway. There is just too many things going on at one time.AC seems more focused to me and paks superman has more personality.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Reading, damn it I meant to say reading. How could I listen to a written interview? :P

Audio clip?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucks that Superman unchained is ending but I dont think that it is that good anyway. There is just too many things going on at one time.AC seems more focused to me and paks superman has more personality.

True but conversely, Pak's AC can be seen as a bit empty and fluffy as opposed to telling a linear story like Snyder is doing. Both Unchained and Action Comics have different strengths that Superman titles have been needing in the New 52.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.