Scott Lobdell rocks.

#1 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wanna say that I think Scott Lobdell rocks and he should definitely continue to write Superman as long as possible.

I've been a huge fan ever since he started writing TT, Superboy and RHATO. But when he was rumoured to write Superman, I was a little skeptical at first. But after I read a few more of his work, I thought we should give him a chance considering how lousy Superman the book itself has been. And his interview on what he plans to do with Superman kinda give me even more confident.

Superman #0 was the time where we could all say that he really delivered.

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Superman #0 as a concept could've gone wrong so easily. Lobdell did a really good job on it though.

#3 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. @TheCrowbar:

#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (6712 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: if the jim lee and scott snyder rumor is true then that would be two great titles baring the s sheild

#5 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare:It was good but not spectacularly good like Morrison's been delivering virtually every month since he started. Superman 0 was better than all of the previous Superman issues combined but it's still too early to get on the Lobdell is awesome bandwagon. Once we see his run unfold, then we can properly judge it.

#6 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare:It was good but not spectacularly good like Morrison's been delivering virtually every month since he started. Superman 0 was better than all of the previous Superman issues combined but it's still too early to get on the Lobdell is awesome bandwagon. Once we see his run unfold, then we can properly judge it.

I have faith in him. Especially with the creative team of RHATO

#7 Posted by krspaceT (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Lobdell is great....

@Z3RO180 said:

@sethysquare: if the jim lee and scott snyder rumor is true then that would be two great titles baring the s sheild

For Action Comics..........AWesome!

#8 Posted by Supes1903 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

Scott Lobdell is great....

@Z3RO180 said:

For Action Comics..........AWesome!

Nope, the rumor is that Lee/Snyder combo will be on the new Man of Steel title.

#9 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed the Superman 0 issue a lot more than the Action Comics 0 issue.

#10 Posted by JohnnyGat (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm... never really got into Superman but might check it out. I like how Lobdell has done Red Hood the most.

#11 Posted by krspaceT (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supes1903: Man of steel...well Bat has four spin offs that are him, let alone the others, Teen Titans has one and gets another and Green Lantern has three....Supes can have three

Though if we have Man of steel, JLA and Teen Titans spinoff with raven, and assuming its just them, that's three titles to loose. G.I combat is one (Whose idea was it to even bring another war title in.....), what other two tittles could be give up?

My pull list is Worlds Finest, Earth 2, Team 7, Phantom Stranger, Ravagers, Justice League, Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, New Guardians, Teen Titans, and now the Lobdell Superman. Wanted to get Batman and got to Issue 4 before issue 5 was out of print....so buying the Trade is out.

erm are any of them......

#12 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

The #0 issue was good. I hated the Annual. I'm going to wait before deciding whether or not I like his Superman.

#13 Posted by Sovereign91001 (5051 posts) - - Show Bio

The 0 issue was a HUGE step in the right direction. I really hope he continues to impress, Superman deserves a good showing in more than one title.

#14 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Scott's going to do a fine job on Superman. Issue #0 was pretty fun and hinted to some interesting things in the future. I look forward to seeing what happens on H'el on Earth.

#15 Posted by krspaceT (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: Was the Annual awesome.....no. But it was readable, and give Scott credit for still working with his predecessors plot. Had Scott Snyder keeled over when writing Batman #7, would the replacement guy finished the Owls? Zatanna, Power Girl, Voodoo......those are just three comics I know had problem when authors changed and either ignored plot (Zatanna), a major character (Power Girl, Atlee), and introduced some strange clone thing (Voodoo)

IStatic was good with retaining bit......but it was only two issues

#16 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT 1. You thought it was readable. I thought it was horrible.

2. I'm just going to wait and see if he turns out to be a Scott Synder.

#17 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: annual was only plotted by scott and acripted by nicieza.

Also it was very editorially mandated to include all the heroes for a crossover that never happened.

#18 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

I think my favorite part about Lobdell's writing is his dialogue, he really makes these characters realistic and entertaining, I'm really interested in seeing his take on Superman, zero issue was quite interesting and I have total faith the crossover event with the super family will be great.

#19 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare:Okay, so? I liked one issue that he was credited as being the writer, and I disliked the other. I'm just going to wait and see if I'll continue reading his Superman. I'm neither going to jump on the Lobdell bandwagon of blind optimism and start fawning over him, nor am I jumping on the hat bandwagon. I'm just going to wait and see.

#20 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

lobdell's good, his RHATO is great,i find his teen titans great(except for the whole tim drake thing.........anyway) and his superboy was pretty good.lets hope his SUPERMAN is good, hopefully he givs it his absolute A-game,loved the zero issue.

#21 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: annual was only plotted by scott and acripted by nicieza.

Also it was very editorially mandated to include all the heroes for a crossover that never happened.

It should also be noted that the plot of the Annual was solicited as a completely different story than it ended up being by the time it came out. I'm thinking that there were quite a few miscommunications over this one, lol. Hardly Lobdell's fault.

#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17970 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobdell wrote a surprisingly good issue with #0 and as a die-hard fan of the character, I truly hope he can continue to deliver.

#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (15085 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman #0 was really good and intrigued me a lot.It was actually far better than Action Comics #0 and after it I have expectations about Lobdell's run on Superman.

#24 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Lobdell wrote a surprisingly good issue with #0 and as a die-hard fan of the character, I truly hope he can continue to deliver.

AMEN.

#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17970 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Heh, we can finally agree something.

#26 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@sethysquare: Heh, we can finally agree something.

Oh right. I guess we mostly disagree on JL issues with Geoff Johns.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.