Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Scott Lobdell leave or stay?

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Scott Lobdell leave or stay? (36 votes)

Stay 31%
    Leave 69%

What do u think? I find myself praying sometimes that he leaves the title an quits making a joke of superman

• 
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh for the love of god. Can we just let this subject die. Lobdell has done a far better job than the last two writers that where on the title. Yes H'El on earth had a rather dull ending but it's lead into an interesting story about krypton. Psy war may be dumb but that is warping up.instead on condemning him give him a chance and stop compiling (not a jab at the OP) people. To get to the gold you have to get throw the mine first.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

LEAVE. EVERYTHING. NOW.

Guy's a hack writer, has a real d-bag personality, ruined Tim Drake, ruined the Teen Titans, etc. I haven't ever, and won't ever, read his Superman stuff. But I'm assuming it's crap. Only thing of his I ever enjoyed was Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Oh for the love of god. Can we just let this subject die. Lobdell has done a far better job than the last two writers that where on the title. Yes H'El on earth had a rather dull ending but it's lead into an interesting story about krypton. Psy war may be dumb but that is warping up.instead on condemning him give him a chance and stop compiling (not a jab at the OP) people. To get to the gold you have to get throw the mine first.

Would the gold be a new writer? Or would the gold represent Lobdell finally writing a good story?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Leave. Please.

ectoborge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ectoborge

honestly I'm only buying it for Kocafort's killer art.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly I'm only buying it for Kocafort's killer art.

Pfft...LOL!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PowerWoman

Scott Lobdell's superman is powerful,I think superman fans would be like it

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

@jaken7 said:

LEAVE. EVERYTHING. NOW.

Guy's a hack writer, has a real d-bag personality, ruined Tim Drake, ruined the Teen Titans, etc. I haven't ever, and won't ever, read his Superman stuff. But I'm assuming it's crap. Only thing of his I ever enjoyed was Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Wait... are you... me?

You got everything I would have said down to the letter.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By lifeboy

He's awesome. Right behind my 2 favs aquaman and catwoman. But just alittle below he-man. Keep on truckin Scott! Wear that Superman wind breaker with PRIDE buddy! :)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

@jaken7 said:

LEAVE. EVERYTHING. NOW.

Wait... are you... me?

You got everything I would have said down to the letter.

Hahaha! Dude, you have no idea how many times I've seen your posts and thought the exact same thing. I stopped pointing it out a long time ago because it was getting ridiculous. Glad to see we still agree on almost everything. Lol

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rao, threads like this one still appears…

Since the beginning of New-52 Lobdell is best author on Superman title (and better than many before, in Pre-Flashpoint Universe). I admit that he can’t produce really good character development or speech, but he creates an interesting plotlines and arcs. His stories have big untapped potential, but at least I can develop them further in my imagination. What created Perez and Jurgens before Lobdell – those just totally forgettable, boring and plain stories.

If DC can find for Superman title some really (and I mean REALLY) good author, well, green light for them. If they can’t – let Lobdell do his job.

@z3ro180 said:

Just my thoughts exactly.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toptom

@sanohibiki said:

Rao, threads like this one still appears…

Since the beginning of New-52 Lobdell is best author on Superman title (and better than many before, in Pre-Flashpoint Universe). I admit that he can’t produce really good character development or speech, but he creates an interesting plotlines and arcs. His stories have big untapped potential, but at least I can develop them further in my imagination. What created Perez and Jurgens before Lobdell – those just totally forgettable, boring and plain stories.

If DC can find for Superman title some really (and I mean REALLY) good author, well, green light for them. If they can’t – let Lobdell do his job.

@z3ro180 said:

Just my thoughts exactly.

ooooh, finally...i love you guys.

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
    turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

he shouldnt even be writting greeting cards.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Honestly, they aren't the ideal stories I want from Superman but you know what? They are enjoyable to say the very least.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By PeppeyHare

Please for the love of god leave.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Lvenger
    kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Squalleon

Leave.
    Or at least get a co-writer.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAVE

Get someone who is interested in more than just 'Superman Punches monsters and stuff'. Hell, Snyder has expanded more of Superman's character in 3 issues of Unchained than Lobdell has in his 13+ issue rune.

Geoff Johns has some spare time just finishing his runs on Green Lantern and Aquaman, I think. He wrote some great Supes stories a few years ago. He should take over the Superman title.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.