Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

School Vance Astro on Superman!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I haven't read Superman,but I want to start.Just want to know a few things before I get started. 

What is Superman and Lois Lane's relationship status?
    What is New Krypton? 
    Where did Flamebird and Nightwing (Chris Kent) come from? 
    Does Powergirl and Supergirl's storylines currently have anything to do with Superman's? 
    Where are Cyborg Superman and Superman Prime? 
    Who is currently Superman's biggest foe? 

More questions will follow...    

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Martian

The only ones I can really answer are

What is New Krypton? Is Kandor on a planet existing on the opposite side of Sun from Earth. It is the home of well the Krpytonians and is lead by General Zod.

Who is currently Superman's biggest foe? I would say General Zod is the biggest threat right now.

Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " The only ones I can really answer are

What is New Krypton? Is Kandor on a planet existing on the opposite side of Sun from Earth. It is the home of well the Krpytonians and is lead by General Zod.

Who is currently Superman's biggest foe? I would say General Zod is the biggest threat right now. "
    So are all the people on New Kryton endowed with the same abilities as actual Kryptonians like Superman?
    Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Editman
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:

Who is currently Superman's biggest foe? I would say General Zod is the biggest threat right now. "
    So are all the people on New Kryton endowed with the same abilities as actual Kryptonians like Superman? "
    Most
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Editman

Pretty much

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Martian
    Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By Mutant X
    @Editman said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:

So are all the people on New Kryton endowed with the same abilities as actual Kryptonians like Superman? "
    Most "
    That's pretty lame. Why not give all of Gotham high-tech gadgets and costumes that resemble bats. And put them on high protein diets. Haha.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Editman said:
    " Pretty much "
    So,was there people born there who are now like Superman?
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Martian
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:

Yes, currently Superman is in character of training them since no one else is used to their powers like he is.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:

Yes, currently Superman is in character of training them since no one else is used to their powers like he is. "
    That's actually pretty cool.I don't know why I didn't like Kent before...oh yea the stupid ass feats.
    Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Editman
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Editman said:
    " Pretty much "
    So,was there people born there who are now like Superman? "
    I think All Kryptonians have Supes Power, but he is stronger because he spent more time in the yellow sun,idk
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Martian
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:

Yes, currently Superman is in character of training them since no one else is used to their powers like he is. "
    That's actually pretty cool.I don't know why I didn't like Kent before...oh yea the stupid ass feats. "
    Its actually pretty cool. New Krypton is split into three different Guilds. There is the Military(Superman) which is for the protection of New Krypton. Then there is the Science Guild which comes up with new things to make life better on New Krypton. Then there is the Labor Guild(Slaves) lol
    Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Editman
    @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:

That's actually pretty cool.I don't know why I didn't like Kent before...oh yea the stupid ass feats. "
    Its actually pretty cool. New Krypton is split into three different Guilds. There is the Military(Superman) which is for the protection of New Krypton. Then there is the Science Guild which comes up with new things to make life better on New Krypton. Then there is the Labor Guild(Slaves) lol "
    didn't Kara join the Science Guild?
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Martian

I don't think she has joined any. I know that Supes' aunt, I think, is in the Science guild.

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chaos Agent
    @Vance Astro said:
    "   I haven't read Superman,but I want to start.Just want to know a few things before I get started.   What is Superman and Lois Lane's relationship status?What is New Krypton? Where did Flamebird and Nightwing (Chris Kent) come from? Does Powergirl and Supergirl's storylines currently have anything to do with Superman's? Where are Cyborg Superman and Superman Prime? Who is currently Superman's biggest foe?  More questions will follow...     "
    1. Married. Superman is currently off world but that's not because of any change in their relationship. Greg Rucka confirmed that relationship is solid.
    2. New Krypton was the city of Kandor that was kept by Brainiac on his ship and that Superman when freeing it accidently released it in the antartica (or was it the north pole?). Due to various conflicts between the people of Earth and Kandor, Alura, the aunt of Superman, mother of Supergirl and new representative of Kandor decided to take the complete city with their population to a planet on the opposite position when looking at the sun that Earth has, then transformed it into a planet and named it new Krypton.
    3. Flamebird is Thara Ak-var. The adopted (not confirmed but strongly implied) daughter of the parents of Supergirl once Kandor was stolen from Krypton, she is also the former head of security for the representants of Krypton, she recently revealed to have fire based powers that other kryptonians have never shown, this almost surely due to his connection to the legendary Flamebird of Kryptonian mythology. Chris is the son of General Zod and his wife Alura, given birth inside the Phantom Zone giving him different characteristics to most kryptonians. (EX: Tactile telekinesis like the one of Connor Kent, almost invulnerable to Kryptonite, lesser strong (physically) than other kryptonians and sudden age changes.) That's a vague description which is completely filled in Greg Rucka's latest action comics annual. Strong read that I highly recommend, features the origins of both Flamebird and Nightwing and how they got together, as well as give a strong talk into Kryptonian mythos.
    4. Powergirl as far as I know doesn't, prove being that it's the only current series not put with the Superman preview solicits in Newsarama. Supergirl though is strongly connected and is sure to be even more with the upcoming crossovers Codename: Patriot which features all the 4 main comics and a crossover with  Greg Rucka's Action Comics named "The hunt for Metron".
    5. Cyborg Superman hasn't been seen since the final of the Sinestro Corps war, he was being taken by the manhunters. Superman Prime was recently in Final Crisis: Legion of three worlds and according to a news article of G-man, he'll be in the 4th issue of the soon to be relaunched Adventure Comics featuring Superboy (Connor Kent) and the Legion of Superheroes.
    6. General Zod (Kneel before Zod!...sorry I just love it)
    hope that helps
    Editgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Editgirl
    @Editman said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:

Its actually pretty cool. New Krypton is split into three different Guilds. There is the Military(Superman) which is for the protection of New Krypton. Then there is the Science Guild which comes up with new things to make life better on New Krypton. Then there is the Labor Guild(Slaves) lol "
    didn't Kara join the Science Guild? "
    (this is post for a friend xP) 

Editman you dumb@$$, and Yes Supergirl joined the science guild 

(again... this is for a friend xD)
    Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Editman
    @Editgirl said:
    " @Editman said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:

didn't Kara join the Science Guild? "
    (this is post for a friend xP) 

Editman you dumb@$$, and Yes Supergirl joined the science guild  (again... this is for a friend xD) "
    -_-....................Stupid trick, (Not YOU your friend)
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Chaos Agent said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "   I haven't read Superman,but I want to start.Just want to know a few things before I get started.   What is Superman and Lois Lane's relationship status?What is New Krypton? Where did Flamebird and Nightwing (Chris Kent) come from? Does Powergirl and Supergirl's storylines currently have anything to do with Superman's? Where are Cyborg Superman and Superman Prime? Who is currently Superman's biggest foe?  More questions will follow...     "
    1. Married. Superman is currently off world but that's not because of any change in their relationship. Greg Rucka confirmed that relationship is solid.
    2. New Krypton was the city of Kandor that was kept by Brainiac on his ship and that Superman when freeing it accidently released it in the antartica (or was it the north pole?). Due to various conflicts between the people of Earth and Kandor, Alura, the aunt of Superman, mother of Supergirl and new representative of Kandor decided to take the complete city with their population to a planet on the opposite position when looking at the sun that Earth has, then transformed it into a planet and named it new Krypton.
    3. Flamebird is Thara Ak-var. The adopted (not confirmed but strongly implied) daughter of the parents of Supergirl once Kandor was stolen from Krypton, she is also the former head of security for the representants of Krypton, she recently revealed to have fire based powers that other kryptonians have never shown, this almost surely due to his connection to the legendary Flamebird of Kryptonian mythology. Chris is the son of General Zod and his wife Alura, given birth inside the Phantom Zone giving him different characteristics to most kryptonians. (EX: Tactile telekinesis like the one of Connor Kent, almost invulnerable to Kryptonite, lesser strong (physically) than other kryptonians and sudden age changes.) That's a vague description which is completely filled in Greg Rucka's latest action comics annual. Strong read that I highly recommend, features the origins of both Flamebird and Nightwing and how they got together, as well as give a strong talk into Kryptonian mythos.
    4. Powergirl as far as I know doesn't, prove being that it's the only current series not put with the Superman preview solicits in Newsarama. Supergirl though is strongly connected and is sure to be even more with the upcoming crossovers Codename: Patriot which features all the 4 main comics and a crossover with  Greg Rucka's Action Comics named "The hunt for Metron".
    5. Cyborg Superman hasn't been seen since the final of the Sinestro Corps war, he was being taken by the manhunters. Superman Prime was recently in Final Crisis: Legion of three worlds and according to a news article of G-man, he'll be in the 4th issue of the soon to be relaunched Adventure Comics featuring Superboy (Connor Kent) and the Legion of Superheroes.
    hope that helps "
    Thanks alot.
    Edit Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Edit Lad

ooh my mentors are here :D

Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Editman
    @Edit Lad said:
    " ooh my mentors are here :D "
    O_o WTF?
    Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chaos Agent
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Chaos Agent said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    hope that helps "
    Thanks alot. "
    no problem

anything else?
    Edit Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Edit Lad
    @Editman said:
    " @Edit Lad said:
    " ooh my mentors are here :D "
    O_o WTF? "
    less funny faces. More crime fighting!
    Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Editman

LOL

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By danhimself
    @Vance Astro said:
    "  I haven't read Superman,but I want to start.Just want to know a few things before I get started.  
      What is Superman and Lois Lane's relationship status? 
    What is New Krypton?  
    Where did Flamebird and Nightwing (Chris Kent) come from? 
     Does Powergirl and Supergirl's storylines currently have anything to do with Superman's? 
     Where are Cyborg Superman and Superman Prime? Who is currently Superman's biggest foe?   
    More questions will follow...     "

easy stuff 
    1. married 
    2. located on the opposite side of the sun it's the bottled city of kandor reenlarged and using their crystal tech they made a new krypton where the 100,000 kryptonians live 
    3. Flamebird is from New Krypton...Chris Kent is Zod and Ursa's son from the phantom zone he's now suffering through the pain of extreme aging 
    4. Powergirl? no...Supergirl? yes she's currently attached to the New Krypton arc traveling from New Krypton to earth for missions given to her by her mother 
    5. Cyborg was all but destroyed during the Sinestro Corps Wars and as far as I know hasn't been seen since....During Legion of 3 worlds Prime was sent back to Earth prime but will shortly be returning to fight Conner
    Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Chaos Agent

btw there will be a Superman Secret Files 2009 one-shot in I believe August 12 which will have profiles of all the major current and future players of the Superman comics and brief stories featuring them.

Would be a great place to start in case you don't want to play catch up (which you should, they are all good lol)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Chaos Agent said:
    no problem  anything else? "
    I'll ask more questions as I find stuff in the comics I don't know.
    ~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
    @Nobody said:
    " Its actually pretty cool. New Krypton is split into three different Guilds. There is the Military(Superman) which is for the protection of New Krypton. Then there is the Science Guild which comes up with new things to make life better on New Krypton. Then there is the Labor Guild(Slaves) lol "
    There's also the religious guild and artists guild.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Can someone tell me where Krypto is?

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
    @Vance Astro said:
    " Can someone tell me where Krypto is? "
    Kent's house in Smallville with Superboy I'm guessing (like seen in Adventure Comics #1 and Blackest Night: Superman #1).
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Thanks Wanderer.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE? 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By danhimself
    @Vance Astro said:
    "

WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE? 

"

wish i would have seen this earlier 

but anyway...because Chris Kent was born in the Phantom Zone his body chemistry is different from normal Kryptonians and since the Phantom Zone was destroyed and he's now out in the real world his body is going through aging spasms...that's why he's so much older than he was when he first appeared and why he's so much weaker than normal kryptonians and has TK like Conner
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Thanks danhimself.

Racer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Racer_X
    @Vance Astro said:
    " Thanks danhimself. "
    just curious but why the sudden interest in superman?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Racer_X said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " Thanks danhimself. "
    just curious but why the sudden interest in superman? "
    I kept seeing scans from Action comics and they looked good so I decided to see what all the fuss was about.I like the direction the comic is going in and the concept of New Krypton.
    Racer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Racer_X
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Racer_X said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " Thanks danhimself. "
    just curious but why the sudden interest in superman? "
    I kept seeing scans from Action comics and they looked good so I decided to see what all the fuss was about.I like the direction the comic is going in and the concept of New Krypton. "
    ahh i c 
    i got some of the superman/batman comics which are pretty good too
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Anyone know what changed about Supes in the NEW 52?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Billy Batson

His suit.
    BB

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By Gambit1024

He and Lois aren't married anymore, his parents are dead, his best friend is Jimmy Olsen, the first time he flew was with the Legion of Superheroes, Krypto's in the Phantom Zone along with Zod, and the only important enemies seen thus far are Luthor, Darkseid, and Metallo (to my knowledge anyway)

Oh, and the suit. It's Kryptonian battle armor, from what I gather.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Primmaster64

...I thought you didn't care about Superman? :/

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Primmaster64 said:
    ...I thought you didn't care about Superman? :/
    I made this thread didn't I?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Gambit1024 said:

He and Lois aren't married anymore, his parents are dead, his best friend is Jimmy Olsen, the first time he flew was with the Legion of Superheroes, Krypto's in the Phantom Zone along with Zod, and the only important enemies seen thus far are Luthor, Darkseid, and Metallo (to my knowledge anyway)

Oh, and the suit. It's Kryptonian battle armor, from what I gather.

Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.