Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Rumored Smallville Movie In Production?

• 59 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I have to admit that I am surprised that Smallville has made it to its ninth season.  More so that we have yet to have seen Superman appear.  Yesterday I reported that General Zod has been cast for the upcoming season as Brian Austin Green as Metallo .  What else could the CW have up their sleeves?

AICN received a tip (from an untested source) with some information about the Comic-Con presentation for Smallville .  Apparently this source saw some signage for the panel.

On black, with crimson/red text in the same font lettering that Smallville uses, and a transparent grey Superman "S" watermark behind the text:

METROPOLIS

CHRISTMAS 2010

Then at the bottom is a banner advertising the Smallville presentation, with the time/place (can't remember).

If next season is the final season of Smallville (the idea of a tenth just seems to be pushing it), it seems likely that maybe they'll end things with a full length tv movie.  The source claims that Metropolis is not a new series but rather a "movie-length project."

I say, if there's any way at all that the show will continue, they should simply end it and evolve it into Superman in action.  The credibility that Clark would remain Clark just seems to have gone on long enough. 

What are your thoughts?  I know some have already mentioned that the show should go away.  What do you think about "Metropolis"?  Do you think there's any truth to this rumor?  Would you watch Tom Welling if he suited up?

Avatar image for deadpool_a_k_a_wade_wilson
    DeadPool a.k.a Wade Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

No, dislike the show

Arach-Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arach-Knight

They should have done this a few seasons ago.  Then again DC should have let the show use Welling as Superman instead of blocking it to maintain the integrity of a movie franchise that hasn't done squat.  I'm fine with Metropolis as long as he flies and we never have to hear "Red/Blue Blur" again.

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Green ankh

I think it should end with clark pulling open his shirt to revel the S in the classic pose.

Todd would make a great superman. Much better then Roth was

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEGRAAF

i posted this in Smallville new series (spoiler warning) this morning

TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheBug

This show has run its course. The writing has been terrible and its just seems like they drag every storyline as long they can. Hopefully the show will have a decent farewell, and we can see some tights.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DEGRAAF

i htink if they have a movie of it the would bring back michael rosenbaum to play lex in his return

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tyler Starke

I hope not

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LastSon1027

This is the best news I have heard in a while! I love Smallville and I think Tom Welling would be perfect for Supes in the movies. Even if this is only a TV movie it will still be great to see. I can only hope that it launches him into the spotlight as the next to take over the role of Superman in the movies. WOOT WOOT! 

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By johnny_spam

This show made Clark and Lana last eight years, they killed Lex Luthor, it made other hereos in the JLA fight crime first before Clark, Kara first met Clark when he graduated then dissappeared, and after all that it hasn't made Clark stronger it's made him pathetic hopefully this show will get cancelled since it's on fridays.
    Since Superman always gets revamps in comics it's time he got revamped in movies and TV forget all the crappy movies and shows and make something that feels like a Superman movie should feel.

Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I ay they should go foward and make season nine and put Tom in the tights.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#11  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

What ever happened to that Superman reboot?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#12  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " i posted this in Smallville new series (spoiler warning) this morning "
    Aaaaand I posted it in the news...?
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF

it doesnt matter now i posted what i said from that one in to this one

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEGRAAF
    this would be cool. We would finally get Tom in the suit.

Does anyone think this is a good idea? If so do you think they should take even more liberties for the movie or try to make it more true to the comic?
    E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.
    God, just end it. I don't even care if they get to the episode where Clark becomes Superman anymore! Just cancel it. We'll fill in the blanks, then try and forget this show ever, everexisted. I hate Smallvile and its lack of respect for the continuity of the source material and its total waist of a cast! 
    skillin villin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By skillin villin

I don't care, this show just needs to disappear

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By MrDirector786

I say finish it off and begin his career as Superman.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Although I'd like to see Clark evolve into Superman at some point, I'm not hung up on it. Smallville has been the best Superman vehicle for awhile now (even without Superman actually being in it). It doesn't bother me at all how certain sequences have been portrayed out of place. We've gotten to see adaptations of some of the coolest DC characters in the Superman universe. Like the Legion, that was badass. The JLA with Cyborg.....I mean sometimes its a good thing to go off script. They even managed to turn Lana into a likable character (in my opinion). A made for t.v. movie about Smallville is a win win in my book. (but I heard that Tom Welling has already signed on for a tenth, yes tenth, season)

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By sora_thekey

It's actually not a bad idea.....

the rule was "no tights, no flight"

How about ending the series with both things..... Clark finally putting on the Supes identity and flying away!!!!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn
    Uh maybe this could work here

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Decept-O

Reminds me of the classic Pat Benatar song, "It's A Little Too Late".   

Why would I want more whiney soap opera crap, little action, a total disregard for Superman's comic book background (granted, his comic book continuity is also skewed), and the possibility Clark MIGHT suit up?   I think not.   Any knowledge if it would be a theatrical release or just a made for T.V. movie?  Like I care, but I am curious where this crapfest would appear so I can avoid it.

anunsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By anunsi

I lost respect for the show when they turned supes greatest villians into crybabies! hope he chokes on kryptonite:)

themaskedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By themaskedhero

I gave up on the show 3 years ago. I don't care now.

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Green ankh

I didnt watch Till Green Arrow came on. I think the show is better now than ever. Love Lois disliked Lana. I love how they stick in all the comic history and hints that the non-comics reader misses but we get. I think the writers are very clever.
    I borrowed the first few seasons on DVD and could not watch then i found them so bad.
    I think it really has grown.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By speedlgt

its time for the suit! they draged this way too long if hes not gonna don the cape then just forget it already. I mean would that really make smallvile suck to have a superman tv show that HAS SUPERMAN IN IT?

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LP
    @LastSon1027:  I agree!!! I'D LOVE TO SEE A SMALLVILLE MOVIE!!
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    Sits alone and watches Smallville
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Gambler said:
    "Sits alone and watches Smallville "

lol its ok i tivo it. ive also bought all the season out for sale.

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LastSon1027

I own every season, it has to be my favorite show of all time. But I'm also a huge Superman fan so I may be a little biased.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

as long as the show ends

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31  Edited By Comiclove5

Nope this is going to suck I tried watching this show for 3 seasons after it started suck..........didn't happen.

suuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By suuperman

This would be great news, I look forward to hearing more about it at comic-con.

For those who keep saying the show has run its course, I think you are being narrow minded to think the making of someone like superman can be contained into 4 seasons of high school. In fact in movie continuity he isn't even superman till his 30's, in the comics, he spent most of his 20's searching for his place in the world. (depending on which version of the origin you read) So to say Smallville has run its course is short sighted. There is a lot to explain, and they need to be given a chance to make more sense of things like lois lane already appearing in the show. they sorta already explained the doomsday aspect last season (although I hated there fight it did explain how doomsday got trapped underground which in the comics is his first apperance he is breaking out of underground)

Anyway I love the show, I agree it would be nice to see the tights and flying, but it has not run its course at all.

I would freakin love a movie.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DEGRAAF

i know this wouldnt happen but i would like to see him get trained by members of a secret organization of super heroes that go by JSA

Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Retnex

Its been said plenty of times that the writers of smallville promised "no tights, no flights" to keep the story focused on Clark instead of Superman. Although that made sense for awhile (and it hurts me to say this because I am a Smallville fan) it has run its course. If they wanted to continue this show they should have broken that promise or made a spin-off. When it comes to superheroes Im only into the action, and all Smallville really is anymore is drama. So a movie would be cool, but I cant imagine it will make anymore sense than this show has for the last couple of years.

Reaper 13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Reaper 13

Stopped at season 7 so I have no idea what's going on with the show.  Once I realized that they where not going to make Clark man the F up and become Sups, I gave it up.  At least they got rid of Lana's most annoying butt.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NightFang3

So is Metropolis a movie or show cuz i look both idea's.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Media_Master

I feel like he kinda shouldn't have the S and the whole suit, than it will become another Lois and Clark Adventures-blah

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sidney

Damn why all the Smallville haters? Jeez! Be happy they even making a live action movie this will be chte cloest to a Superman movie we wil get in a long time if Clark becomes Superman. And it will be on free tv so if it sucks atleast we did not waste 12 bucks in the thearters.

Echonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Echonis

Growing up, I was a huge Superman fan, and no one will ever compare to Christopher Reeve in my opinion. However, Tom Welling has done a respectable job, and I think his portrayal deserves the dignity of wearing the suit. I've been disappointed in the show numerous times, but I still find myself drawn to it. Erica Durance as Lois was one of the smartest additions to the show since it's inception. I wish that I could see Erica and Tom play out the relationship to the end. The chemistry between them was instantly clear, and I found myself cursing when Lana returned at the moment Clark and Lois were about to kiss. I think a "made for TV movie" would be a reasonable way to end this series. Even Stargate SG-1 had several movie-length features in it's time, but then... that is the SciFi channel and they will make a movie about anything. End Smallville, but end it well.

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sidney
    @Echonis said:
    "

Growing up, I was a huge Superman fan, and no one will ever compare to Christopher Reeve in my opinion. However, Tom Welling has done a respectable job, and I think his portrayal deserves the dignity of wearing the suit. I've been disappointed in the show numerous times, but I still find myself drawn to it. Erica Durance as Lois was one of the smartest additions to the show since it's inception. I wish that I could see Erica and Tom play out the relationship to the end. The chemistry between them was instantly clear, and I found myself cursing when Lana returned at the moment Clark and Lois were about to kiss. I think a "made for TV movie" would be a reasonable way to end this series. Even Stargate SG-1 had several movie-length features in it's time, but then... that is the SciFi channel and they will make a movie about anything. End Smallville, but end it well.

"

sort of agreed.
    Jak Spairo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jak Spairo

i would like it if it wasnt so drama-ee...i know its a drama show but when all the action is in the last 4 minutes of the show i get bored...the only times i've seen action other than that time period is the doomsday cycle thing. i wouldnt watch it if thats the way it would be

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sidney

Have the movie be based off the death of Superman comic book from 93. Clark Kent should already be Superman when this movie happens and should be i say about 7 years in. Have the movie take place 7 years into the future. Superman takes on Doomsday in a real fight that deprived us from this season and both get killed. But course Superman comes back to life and all that stuff.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RedK

actually thoght how this should all end after i saw the first season and heard the no tights no flight rule

season finale
    after some big fight were Kal wins but he's really beat up lois knows who he is and all that then it shifts to 5 years later. he walks out of the daily planet in his suit and glasses
    talking on the phone to lois(audience dosen't know). a person walks by (from left to right) reading a paper we clearly see the head line (is it a bird?) and then another person reading a different paper walks by (this time from right to left)

then he hears some say help and the theirs a big bang and every one sees smoke.  He says "lois got to go theirs trouble" then looks right then left and sees a phone booth and runs in and does a supe spin and then a red blue blur flys out and into the outer atmosphere and he stops (assesing the situation) and we see the back of his head and the cape with the S camra pans slowly and we get a glimse of the watch tower and then he speeds away in a blur anits finished

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sidney
    @RedK said:
    "actually thoght how this should all end after i saw the first season and heard the no tights no flight ruleseason finaleafter some big fight were Kal wins but he's really beat up lois knows who he is and all that then it shifts to 5 years later. he walks out of the daily planet in his suit and glassestalking on the phone to lois(audience dosen't know). a person walks by (from left to right) reading a paper we clearly see the head line (is it a bird?) and then another person reading a different paper walks by (this time from right to left)then he hears some say help and the theirs a big bang and every one sees smoke.  He says "lois got to go theirs trouble" then looks right then left and sees a phone booth and runs in and does a supe spin and then a red blue blur flys out and into the outer atmosphere and he stops (assesing the situation) and we see the back of his head and the cape with the S camra pans slowly and we get a glimse of the watch tower and then he speeds away in a blur anits finished "

Sounds weak. Lol but nice attempt.  I rather see a 1040s cartoon like thing happen. Remmeber that 1940s show Superman. It was a cartoon. ''UP IN THE SKY! IS IT A BIRD? IS IT A PLANE? NO ITS....ITS....ITS.....SUPERMAN!
    Obsurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45  Edited By Obsurity

I like the idea that they'd finish the series off with a TV movie. The series been dragging on for a while

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sidney
    @Obsurity said:
    "I like the idea that they'd finish the series off with a TV movie. The series been dragging on for a while "

Agreed.
    sylar_badass09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By sylar_badass09

just trun Clark into superman, I love the show but come on.. 9season..  .  its time to see superman..  

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RedK
    @sylar_badass09:  he's goning to wear the S in this season so he is close to being called superman
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EnSabahNurX

Um side note they need to upgrade the superman suit like they did for batman in the movie, because the speedo doesn't work anymore, i say streamline the suit keep the S, cape and belt, but just upgrade the look.

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Sidney

SV sucks no SV movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.