Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Roulette Will Appear On The Sixth Episode Of Smallville

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Looks like another actual comic book character has been added to this coming season of Smallville.  Roulette will be played by Steph Song.  On August 21 she Twittered

I’m gonna be guest starring on a well known series. Clue: ” It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s…”

She doesn't straight out say who she's playing but mentioned she's playing a villain and is on episode 6 (which is entitled "Roulette").  She also mentioned that she'll be a "trickster, a villain, a master deceiver all in a very tight red dress." 

Roulette, as you may know, is a villain and has appeared on the animated Justice League show.  Do you think it's good casting?  Do you think her character will make a good addition to an episode of Smallville?

Thanks to Bruce Vain for the heads-up.  I'm not sure if he's following her on Twitter or just happened to see this mentioned elsewhere...
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bruce Vain

I saw it elsewhere, and no problem G-Man. 

She'll definitely look good as Roulette that's for sure. Be nice if they had some of the heavy hitters in the cage fighting too like Atomic-Skull.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By NightFang3

I'll give it a shoot.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Decept-O

@ G-Man:  Don't question Bruce Vain's sources  just go with it.  Ancient Chinese Secret.   

@Bruce Vain: THAT would get me to finally watch an episode.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AngelFrost

Woooo!

Roulette will make an awesome addition to Smallville. :) 
    I just hope they dress her exactly the same as in the comics. I love her style.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @AngelFrost said:
    "Woooo!  Roulette will make an awesome addition to Smallville. :)  I just hope they dress her exactly the same as in the comics. I love her style. "
    I think they will they were pretty accurate with how Zatanna looked. 

@Decept-O:
    LOL  Exactly 

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Media_Master

She looks hot!!

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @Bruce Vain said:
    " I saw it elsewhere, and no problem G-Man.  She'll definitely look good as Roulette that's for sure. Be nice if they had some of the heavy hitters in the cage fighting too like Atomic-Skull. "
    Looking at her. I think she'd look good in just about anything.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @Bruce Vain said:
    " I saw it elsewhere, and no problem G-Man.  She'll definitely look good as Roulette that's for sure. Be nice if they had some of the heavy hitters in the cage fighting too like Atomic-Skull. "
    Looking at her. I think she'd look good in just about anything. "

That's for sure plus it helps that she was # 1 sexiest woman in the world by FHM  in Asia .
    The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Psyentist
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @Bruce Vain said:
    Or nothing...HAHAHAHA!!! I can't believe I just said that...SO not me...
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @The Psyentist said:
    " @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @Bruce Vain said:
    Or nothing...HAHAHAHA!!! I can't believe I just said that...SO not me... "
    I guess we will just chock it up to channeling your inner frat boy, and leave it at that. lol
    The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Psyentist
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @The Psyentist said:
    " @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @Bruce Vain said:
    I guess we will just chock it up to channeling your inner frat boy, and leave it at that. lol "
    No, I I have no inner frat boy...I was channeling someone else's inner frat boy. ;)
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @The Psyentist said:
    " @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @The Psyentist said:
    " @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @Bruce Vain said:
    I guess we will just chock it up to channeling your inner frat boy, and leave it at that. lol "
    No, I I have no inner frat boy...I was channeling someone else's inner frat boy. ;) "

LMAO
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @The Psyentist said:
    " No, I I have no inner frat boy...I was channeling someone else's inner frat boy. ;) "
    Oh, sure you have one. Didn't you ever watch The Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy? Everyone has an inner Frat Boy, even you.
    The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The Psyentist
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @The Psyentist said:
    " No, I I have no inner frat boy...I was channeling someone else's inner frat boy. ;) "
    Oh, sure you have one. Didn't you ever watch The Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy? Everyone has an inner Frat Boy, even you. "
    You got me. Beneath my asexual, anti-hedonist exterior, I am a frat boy.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @The Psyentist: 
    It's something we all have to deal with. Just don't let your inner Frat Boy define you. lol

I read a book. That puts mine in a comma for a week, a month if there are no naked woman in the story, four months if it requires constant use of any word over three syllables. I like my Sherlock Holmes novels.
    TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By TheBug

Roulette is such a cool villain. I think she could definitely work in Smallville. She's a great, yet small scale character. Smallville should shy away from doing big A- list villians, lets not repeat the epic fail that was Doomsday.  

I hope we get to see some meta-human cage matches.
    The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Psyentist
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @The Psyentist: 
    It's something we all have to deal with. Just don't let your inner Frat Boy define you. lol

I read a book. That puts mine in a comma for a week, a month if there are no naked woman in the story, four months if it requires constant use of any word over three syllables. I like my Sherlock Holmes novels. "
    AHAHA! That's hilarious!

I myself am currently reading Frankenstein...
    mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mattydeNero

I say the more legit DCU characters the better.  Last season was so sweet.  Glad to see they're not letting up.  I also heard that TOYMAN will be coming back.  I think that was my fav ep. last season.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jefprice

I missed last season, have we seen GL yet? Or Bats? Or Superman for that matter? Maybe they should do these things that they promised us in season 4 before we get more 2nd and 3rd tier DC people.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AngelFrost
    @jefprice said:
    " I missed last season, have we seen GL yet? Or Bats? Or Superman for that matter? Maybe they should do these things that they promised us in season 4 before we get more 2nd and 3rd tier DC people. "
    I read somewhere that they can't use Batman for some legal reasons. Which is why they haven't shown him yet.  And nope, No GL, but I think it would just look too corny on screen tbh,  His powers I mean. Special effects on television aren't as good-looking as in the movies.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jefprice
    @AngelFrost: I read that as well however the writers/producers say it's not true, that thye just haven't done it yet.  

GL could be pulled off. It would be that much harder then anyone else they've done. It'll look like Clarks laser eyes...only green. Lol
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AngelFrost
    @jefprice: Well I guess we won't know for sure. 

Well, Clarks laser eyes look good, travelling in straight lines :P but to make a whole shape or construct out of that would just look completely cheesey and fake in my opinion.  lol
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jefprice
    @AngelFrost: It shouldn't be true, but with those producers it's hard to tell, they said Green arrow and Batman would be in season 3....yeeeeeah....Lol 

Lol it very well could. I hope they come through though. They could most likely do it. . . . I think lol

I really want to see the idea they tossed about a few years back too, ending the show with a mini called Metropolis, and with him becoming Superman at the end. Perfect ending I think. I'd also love to see a movie with these guys doing JLA but it looks like they're scrapping that too. Dang DC, if they weren't owned by 400 places all wanting their own thing we'd get to see some of this maybe. 
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AngelFrost
    @jefprice:  In the end it's all hear say, lol.  So, We'll have to see.

Yeah, I doubt we'll see 'Superman' anytime soon. Since theirs a strong possibility of another season after this one. :) and I prefer to see Clark as Superman in the end too, save the best until last.

I heard about the Justice League movie, they have a whole cast too, but its been put on hold ... I'd love to see that too. It seems Marvel are pulling out all of the Comic movies while DC are slowly fading.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jefprice
    @AngelFrost: 

-Yeah on hand blames the other. That's normal. 

-I read that, which is fine with me as long as they don't have too many filler eps where nothing happens. I enjoy this show and it's not my type of show. Just keep it good. They could even pull of a transition from Clark to SM and make a new show from it. If done right. 

-Oh yeah like 90% of the cast from Smallville! All the JLA people, but like you said it's in 'Hold' which I think has Tom W mad from what I heard from him.  

Marvels big thing is they still own themselves. So they can do these things and take chances, I was just talking about this with some other posters, DC has sold themselves out to others who are now taking it over seas. It makes everything harder and we lose in the end. We may not be happy with everything Marvel does, but at least it's them doing it.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AngelFrost
    @jefprice:  Hm ... I don't think Smallville is that good for a spin-off show about Clark as Superman, they don't have the budget tbh.

Well I would have prefered to see a new cast, since Smallville are supposed to be younger versions of the JL. So it's good that they recasted for a movie.  and I HATED  Black Canary in Smallville  ¬_¬ I <3 Black Canary, but Smallville just ruined her.

Yeah, the only real movie DC has to cling onto are the Batman ones. Which come out ever 2 years or something. Marvel has several and several in production.
    Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Satyrquaze

Roulette is a damn good villain if written correctly, I have to admit, I'm a fan. 

I'll withhold judgment on her appearance on Smallville until I see it.
    04nbod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By 04nbod
    @jefprice:  They can't use anyone with a movie in development
    rasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By rasx

Roulette thats great news, I would also like to see a young version of John Henry Irons!
    Raia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Raia

I've always love when they bring other characters from the comics into Smallville and basically tell him to hurry and complete his destiny or whatever. I've always liked it, but they should really bring Kara back, I liked Supergirl, or maybe they could being in Darkseid and take out Doomsday, I don;t like him

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    UnsolvedParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By UnsolvedParadox

I liked Steph Song on J-Pod (if not the rest of the show), seems like a good fit as Roulette.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.