Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Rocksteady and Superman Not a good mix?

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After playing Arkham Knight seems to confirm Lex Luthor is running for President in this universe and his primary goal is meta-humans being kept in check ( Wouldn't surprise me if Lex Luthor and General Sam Lane are the main antagonist) so we have are plot for a Superman game. I remember I predicted this would be the plot and superman's earth based foes would be the main threat.

But I kinda started thinking, shout out to Lvenger but maybe Rocksteady isn't the right studio and WB Montreal is. Say what you want about Arkham Origins but the Boss Battles where amazing and on point. Rocksteady's Batman games seem to suck when it comes to bosses, something Superman NEEDS. His boss battles cannot be crappy because he is fighting characters like parasite, atomic skull, Livewire, Metallo, Toyman ( maybe taken out differently but you get my point). Playing Arkham Knight, my favorite game of the arkham series it seems to me the boss battles in almost all the games where sub-par and not well done.

What are your thoughts? I think Boss Battles in a Superman game are essential and are important to being "Superman" has well has his core being saving people( most people seem to want and grand theft auto superman for some reason).

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Considering they have done nothing Superman related you can only speculate.The people who created one of the best trilogies of gaming might know a bit more than us about what works or not.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DRUDOX19

@squalleon: True but their track record in terms of Batman have been sub-par at best. Hey maybe there gonna change things up because they are dealing with a different animal in Superman.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drudox19 said:

@squalleon: True but their track record in terms of Batman have been sub-par at best. Hey maybe there gonna change things up because they are dealing with a different animal in Superman.

As you said, Batman and Supes are vastly different. Its like comparing FPS to a Platformer. Because you are good at one, it doesn't mean you will be good at the other.

Also I don't see how the Arkham series is sub-par...

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
    MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drudox19 said:

As you said, Batman and Supes are vastly different. Its like comparing FPS to a Platformer. Because you are good at one, it doesn't mean you will be good at the other.

Also I don't see how the Arkham series is sub-par...

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Moul

Batman is the perfect character for a videogame, Superman on the other hand is the worst choise you could possibly think. Plus I don't think casual gamers would buy a Superman game, he's not as popular as Batman

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul said:

Batman is the perfect character for a videogame, Superman on the other hand is the worst choise you could possibly think. Plus I don't think casual gamers would buy a Superman game, he's not as popular as Batman

If the game is good they will buy it. Only the feeling of being Superman is something no one can resist to. It doesn't have to do with popularity in this instance, I believe. Plus Superman is popular enough to guarantee good sales.

Plus with the current capabilities of the gaming industry a Superman game is only a matter of time.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By darkdetective27

@moul: Its not like Batman games were any good or popular before the Arkham series. I think some of his were considered some of the worst ever made as well. Yes Superman isnt as popular as Batman, but youre telling me that if someone told you that they managed to make a great or even just a good Superman game that you wouldnt check it out because everyone knows he has bad games and would have to check it out to judge it for themselves. People would still probably check it out if you slapped Rocksteadys name on it because again Batman had horrible games before the Arkham series and look what they did.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
    MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DRUDOX19

Where did I say Rocksteady was sub-par I am saying there weakness in the franchise was implementing Boss mechanics something Superman NEEDS to have because he is fighting Meta-Humans and his villains are unique and have different power sets. I think Superman is possible and the people saying Superman is OP has a argument is idiotic since in the Arkham games the Batman we played has isn't really Batman from the comics and he is depowered has well. He needs more help then other interactions of Batman in this series case you guys didn't see. Its has if some people want the FULL Superman experience being he has to be All Star Superman or else world story superman with godlike powers. No that is not going to happen he will be depowered to fit the game no matter what just has Batman was.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Superman: The M.A.W?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocksteady have proven that they can make good Batman games. Which are nothing like what a Superman game would be like. Can't say they aren't the right company, just that they haven't proven it. I don't think anyone is making a superman game anytime soon though. Way too hard.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Squalleon
    Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Rocksteady have proven that they can make good Batman games. Which are nothing like what a Superman game would be like. Can't say they aren't the right company, just that they haven't proven it. I don't think anyone is making a superman game anytime soon though. Way too hard.

^^^

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give it to Bungie or maybe Ubisoft. I would feel they could do Superman better than Rocksteady, but that's my gut talking.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Bungie has gotten particularly bad with chopping up portions of a whole game into DLCs (I'm lookin at YOU, Destiny). I'd fear what they'd do if they got their hands on Superman. IDK about Ubisoft, they're a bit too obsessed with the AC franchise, even releasing two games a year.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.