Replacement superman?

#1 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Old news, but i found out about this just now

I also heard that, in preparation for a possible loss of rights to Superman, that DC Comics had prepared notes and sketches on a new Superman – using the trademarked name but with a completely different back story and even appearance...
No longer necessary it seems. But what if?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/31/superman-and-the-law/

I wonder how this replacement superman would have looked like?

I mean name aside, he would have been completely different

#2 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

I never knew DC had a plan for that. It's an interesting idea.

#3 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet 50 bucks it was Mon-El. Come on we're all thinking it. They make Daxamites the new Kryptonians and Mon-El becomes the new Superman. It's just so obvious, given how Mon-El has the same powers as Supes a reversed color scheme of a costume. I mean look at this!!

Art by CAFU.

You can't deny this is what they had in mind

#4 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Mon-el and Superwoman!!

#5 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

Like This!!!

Majestic all the Way

I would have said Icon, but lets face it, he is creator owned; DC would literally have another Superman on their hands once the character got popular and the owners wanted more $$$$!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.