Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Recommend me a Superman Trade (Blog a Day 7..kinda)

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 2

Edited By BradBrains

whats up all. 

just saw the australlian pink floyd show tonight. it was super rad. 

gonna be a short one today as im am tired as balls. but i come to you with a question. 

i come to the community with another question .i need a good superman story to look into. preferably something available in trade form. ive already read all-star and red son.  

let me know. 

im sorry this blog was kinda a cop-op today. 

later,  need to be up in 6 hours.
    Brad Brains

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
    @BradBrains: THE BRITISH SUPERMAN ONE!!! 

That is one of the greatest stories EVAR. But I can't remember exactly what it's called. 

Edit: True Brit! That's what it is: Superman: True Brit
    roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By roadbuster
    @BradBrains:  
    Birthright 
    For All Seasons
    Secret Identity 
    Peace on Earth 
    Lex Luthor: Man of Steel
    It's A Bird 
    Kingdom Come 
    For Tomorrow 
    Earth One 
    Godfall 
    Up, Up, and Away 
    Strength 

... off the top of my head. 

Superman's always in stock no matter where you buy, so just flip through, and if it interests you pick it up.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

I'm sorry, but For Tomorrow blew.  

Go for Kingdom Come. 

roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By roadbuster
    @The Dark Huntress: Art has a significant subjective component.  I'm not a fan of Godfall, but I know people who adore Turner art so I suggested it.  Ross is incredible, but for a lot of people it's also challenging- they don't want to see their imaginary heroes cast in a photorealistic- much less an aged Norman Rockwell- light.  Nonetheless, the happiest readers are those who keep an open mind... so I provided a range of works of varying art, writing, and story styles.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_
    @Mainline: Art wasn't my problem with the story. I ADORE Turner's (may he rest in peace) art. Now that you mention it, though, I do have to say that, as a fan of Ross' as well, I don't know how much I like him doing full interiors. I think he's much better suited to covers, but that's just my opinion. 
    roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By roadbuster
    @The Dark Huntress: No, that was my point.  I think many people like the art of For Tomorrow (justifying DC putting out an Absolute HC) and Godfall even if the story isn't their favorite... and since comic fans range from those who love art to those who love writing or both, there's no reason not to recommend a range. 

I think some of the "Wow" factor for Ross has been lost over time now that more people have emulated his style (or aspects of it) and he's become more prolific, but definitely when he started doing high profile interiors it was pretty astounding.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Primmaster64

That 100 page spectacular that came out.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ssejllenrad

Action Comics # 1! PM me if you want scans.. :D

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9  Edited By BradBrains
    @ssejllenrad: i actually own a copy...well a reprint. its an interesting read for sure
    Demas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Demas

Superman: Our Worlds At War... massive 512 pages of full-color modern-era storytelling for $15... not the best story but great value.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ssejllenrad
    @BradBrains:
     Well good for you.... That issue rules!!! The beginning of an icon and of great superhero comicdom.

If I may suggest, Last Son of Earth and its sequel Last Stand on Krypton are good reads. Stories are a bit dull but there are deep issues discussed (especially on the sequel). That goes for Superman's Metropolis as well. If you like noir scifi (as the 1920s movie it was taken from), you'll love Superman's Metropolis. If you like a light read try Superman/Batman: World's Funest. It's more of a rent-it kinda book rather than to-own. But it's still good.

Oh and since the holidays are coming, I also suggest 2006's " Superman: Yes, Tyrone, There Is A Santa Claus".. Hehehe!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.