Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Reasons why Superman is still the worlds GREATEST hero

greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he hooked up with Wonder Woman

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

In b4 the "pffft. Every single superhero does that" comments

ironknight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he is the greatest

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#6  Edited By Teerack

Because Batman keeps saying Clark is the best.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hes Batmans sidekick

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Prepare for all the trolls :|

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Spiderman are laughing at this thread.

GoldenGrham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GoldenGrham

He's not the greatest he's just popular I'm not saying he isn't a great superhero but I'd say the best superheros would be the ones that aren't super in any way. The human to more closely being humans are the best but what writer is gonna wanna explore something that's so limited in power when you got overpowered characters like supes. Characters are better when you can relate to them in some way thats not to far from their own feats. Batman is a prime example although I'd still pick someone else only cuz batman's abilities derive from his money which enables him to use his genius ideas for tech so in a sense his wealth is more of his power that his own mind.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not the greatest he's just popular I'm not saying he isn't a great superhero but I'd say the best superheros would be the ones that aren't super in any way. The human to more closely being humans are the best but what writer is gonna wanna explore something that's so limited in power when you got overpowered characters like supes. Characters are better when you can relate to them in some way thats not to far from their own feats. Batman is a prime example although I'd still pick someone else only cuz batman's abilities derive from his money which enables him to use his genius ideas for tech so in a sense his wealth is more of his power that his own mind.

Batman is arguably just as unrealistic a power fantasy as Superman is. He's rich, he's beloved, he's strong, he's fast, he's a genius, he's a detective, he's got a cool car, and did I mention he's rich?

Granted, I get what you're saying though, about being relatable. Personally, I disagree though. I think any character can be related to. Some more than others, but that's not something that's a huge draw for me, personally. Now, with characters like Vergil and Terry, yeah, I like them especially because they are similar to me in some ways.

But at the same time, I enjoy reading about fantasies that could never be reality. Learning about characters I could never be anything about, and probably finding out I have something in common with those characters whether they're human or not. That's just me though.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a prime example of someone who knows little about Superman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.