Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Really? REALLY!?....

Avatar image for redlanternsuperman
    RedLanternSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes, yes I'm late to the party with new 52 Superman and DC comics in general. School, moving, financial problems, all hampering my comic book needs.

Anyways, over the years I've been told countless times by people that "Superman is boring, Mary Sue" all that jazz and I usually ignore it since I've always been a die-hard Superman fan. But mostly I was really looking forward to New 52 Superrman taking away the spotlight away from Batman and being the best DC character ever.

And when I heard he wasn't going to be auto paired with Lois I was extremely excited, as he could be with someone interesting, someone who was his opposite, someone who could bring excitement in a relationship and in his books. But when i saw this atrocity I nearly flipped a table. Seriously DC? You've been trying to make Superman interesting for years, and one of the first things you do is pair him up with Wonder Woman in the new series?

Why DC would you pair Superman and Wonderwoman? The most generic, boring Superhero couple in the history of comics. Diana is literally the female version of Superman, nothing interesting could spawn from this. What are they going to save the day together, then fly off into the sunlight and share a kiss? Really? And don't bring up Kingdom Come Diana and Clark, it was an alternate universe where anything could have "drama".

Now most people are going to be like "get over it", "who cares it's going to blow over." or "you're focusing way to much on the couple and not the actual comic"

Well I care. I love Superman, he is an iconic character and represents the American wat. And I really wanted him and his comics to be an interesting, dramatic and action packed read.

Unfortunately this may be a small thing, but its a complete step in the wrong direction for writing Superman.

Hopefully this blows over fast, but we shall see.

TL;DR

Pairing Superman with Wonder Woman may be small and will probably never blossom or hold any significance. But It's a complete step in the wrong direction for making Superman an interesting character.

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By INLIFE

This is seriously old news, where have you been?

And they are not paired up. It was just a kiss that they both shared during an intimate moment. They both state that it was nice, but they are not taking it seriously yet. I believe that it is the next issue after this kiss.

Anyway, this is not an instant thing, the writer will attempt to lead up and not rush to any relationship that is possible.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By krspaceT

Well the kiss apparently killed Booster Gold so its not all that simple

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmashBrawler

This may be old news, but it would be way funnier if a guy made a thread about The New 52 like it was just announced.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ssejllenrad

I didn't read the rant cause I'm laughing my ass off that Slowpoke image.. Nyahahaha!

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By cameron83

@INLIFE said:

And they are not paired up. It was just a kiss that they both shared during an intimate moment. They both state that it was nice, but they are not taking it seriously yet. I believe that it is the next issue after this kiss.

Anyway, this is not an instant thing, the writer will attempt to lead up and not rush to any relationship that is possible.

and also it is most likely a character development thing for both supes and wonder woman.And btw people,they've kissed 500 fu^king times before.In fact this is what fans have always screamed about.The complaints are just...

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By INLIFE

@cameron83 said:

@INLIFE said:

and also it is most likely a character development thing for both supes and wonder woman.And btw people,they've kissed 500 fu^king times before.In fact this is what fans have always screamed about.The complaints are just...

I Know........This Should Be Made A Tradition. It Only Happens Once Every While And Does Not Last............Like Holidays.

But Yes, There Is A Lot Of Character Development Involved, And The Booster Gold Thing Is Very Interesting...........Can Not Wait To See Where It All Leads Up To In The New-52.

Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Saucedo17

I gotta use that slowpoke image one day.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By sethysquare

uhm????????? that was so yesterday

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Lvenger

@RedLanternSuperman: This is very old news but I agree. The two are too alike and possess no chemistry for an interesting relationship. Also what's worse is DC have been hyping up Superman and Wonder Woman as the next power couple then in Justice League #13 they simply had Superman and Wonder Woman say "Oh it was just a spur of the moment thing. Nothing more." If you're gonna hype this up I'd expect them to deliver.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.