8 24%
7 14%
6 8%
5 1%
4 1%
3 1%
2 1%
1 6%

There has been a lot of discussion on here regarding Man of Steel. Some people love it, some hate it. What is the the movie's average score as rated by ComicVine viewers? IMDB visitors have rated it a 7.8 with 157,000 votes. Is there a difference between what the average movie goer rates the film versus comic fans?

#1 Posted by Wolverine08 (37937 posts) - - Show Bio

MOS gets an 8 from me. It was solid, but had some flaws that should be addressed in the sequel.

#2 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

We already have this.

#3 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

8. Not the best superhero film but the best Superman film IMO.

#4 Posted by Cap10nate (2118 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

We already have this.

Whoops. Do you have a link to it? I looked for a poll before I created this, but I obviously missed this. I just saw all the threads where people were voicing their opinions on the movie and wanted to see some numbers put to the opinion.

#5 Posted by RedLantern23 (883 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give it an 8. Enjoyable, but room for improvement

#6 Posted by New_World_Order (12302 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@cap10nate: Couldn't find it...This new system sucks...Oh well carry on.

#8 Posted by DTSLanternCorps (240 posts) - - Show Bio

Who gave it a 1??? I WILL FIND THEM!

#9 Posted by RedLantern23 (883 posts) - - Show Bio

The people who gave it a 1 are seriously butthurt.

#10 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

The people who gave it a 1 are seriously butthurt.

I think it's just one person.

#11 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

7. It was good but, not as great as people are making it out to be

#12 Posted by Hawk80 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by Z3RO180 (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

I gave it a 9.

#14 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5848 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7481 posts) - - Show Bio

6 1/2. Maybe 7.

#16 Posted by trickarrow (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I give it a 9. The final battle between Superman and Zod could of been more creative.

#17 Edited by War Killer (19851 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked 8, but I go more with an 8.5 rating. Was it perfect? No, but no movie is. Did it have some issues? Yes, but then again Superman isn't the easiest character to work with. I feel that they did a lot of things right but also felt they rush a few things that could have been fleshed out some in certain areas. But overall, as a starter to what will hopefully be the next DC trilogy, as well as the start to the DC Cinematic Universe, I felt that this was the step in the right direction. So yeah, I give Man of Steel an 8.5/10.

#18 Edited by knightofthechronicle (638 posts) - - Show Bio

8, for some reason the way that Ma Kent and Lois acted seemed a little too...hostile I guess is the word. Also, the way that the scenes jumped around (not necessarily from the past to the present, just between scenes) didn't seem right to me, I thought a more easier transition would have been good. All and all, great movie, hope to see more.

#19 Posted by RDClip (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

A solid 7.5 (but i'll round up to 8 for the poll) There were things that I had problems with and things that could have been done better, but I got what I wanted and that was great visuals and great action. As much as I bitch about CG, Superman was one character that needed CG to show what he is really capable of.

So Zack Snyder and co get a B from me; not bad, enjoyable, there were flaws, but use the criticisms to make the next one better.

#20 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by k4tzm4n (36108 posts) - - Show Bio

Staff
#22 Edited by soldierofel (98 posts) - - Show Bio

10 out of 10 for me. Personally my favourite film of the year and my favourite comic book movie.

#23 Posted by ComicStooge (11791 posts) - - Show Bio

8.5-9.

#24 Posted by Mucklefluga (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Posted by PowerHerc (80657 posts) - - Show Bio

I give it a 9.

It was great but it wasn't absolutely perfect therefore it doesn't get a 10.

#26 Posted by TDK_1997 (14392 posts) - - Show Bio

It gets an 8 from me.It was great and I enjoyed it a lot but there is room for improvement.

#27 Posted by shieldzeal (67 posts) - - Show Bio

#28 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio
@tdk_1997 said:

It gets an 8 from me.It was great and I enjoyed it a lot but there is room for improvement.

this

#29 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

8. I would say 7 but when I saw it the second time it was so much better.

#30 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

8. I would say 7 but when I saw it the second time it was so much better.

exactly the s-a-m-e.

#31 Posted by Justthatkid (2337 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Cap10nate (2118 posts) - - Show Bio

So far using the 64 votes in the poll, ComicVine has rated Man of Steel at 8.33 compared to the 7.8 by all viewers who rate on IMDB.

#33 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

~4~ it was so meh and adding all that blah didn't help it much

#34 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@mynamewasdeleted: I thought you said you liked it ? was I misinformed ? hehe

I said I liked it, but that I did like Lone Ranger more... and that was right after seeing it, sooooo the gloss has already worn off and honestly upon further reflection it's a 4, Lone Ranger's a 5, Iron Man 3 is a 6. Though it could have been the lousy format (IMax 3d- yea, it wasn't the format)... my issue is that it left me feeling sorta let down at the end, almost sad over all the destruction and no warm fuzzy ending. I want my heroes to be heroic and now that I've had a day or so to let that movie sink in I think Superman was a bit of a downer.

#36 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by SoftMachineOo (128 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

this

#38 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

8. Not bad.

#39 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (363 posts) - - Show Bio

A very great 9 for me! Loved it so much in fact that I preordered the Sideshow Premium Format Man Of Steel figur for around 400 bucks. I even think it is a better franchise start/origin movie than Batman Begins, which I also loved.

#40 Edited by ValendianKnight (297 posts) - - Show Bio

9 for me. Better than any of Nolan's Batman films, or anything Marvel has put out. Loses to Watchmen.

#41 Posted by FlashKnight (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't I give it an 11?

#42 Posted by FlashKnight (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Who gave it a 1??? I WILL FIND THEM!

You freaking won this thread

#43 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (11295 posts) - - Show Bio

I gave it an 8.

#44 Posted by deaditegonzo (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

10/10, best super hero movie ive seen to date, and until the Batman Vs Superman announcement, I thought it would be a launching point for a DC Movie Renaissance.

#45 Posted by consolemaster001 (4891 posts) - - Show Bio

#46 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5939 posts) - - Show Bio

9. I loved it.

#47 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14586 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Rambo1610 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I also rated it 9. Was awesome! People always hate on Superman, hes definitely on of the coolest for me! Will be adding this to my collection.

#49 Edited by flameboy298 (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

Action 10/10 Superman film 7/10

#50 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1474 posts) - - Show Bio

I gave it a nine, some flaws but overall great film. I prefer it over other movies so far

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.