Question in Regards to Superman: Beyond.

#1 Posted by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently in Superman Beyond, Clark is weaker then he is currently (or was before Flashpoint). How is this possible? Shouldn't he be more powerful, considering he's absorbed more sunlight?

#2 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3482 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicStooge said:

Apparently in Superman Beyond, Clark is weaker then he is currently (or was before Flashpoint). How is this possible? Shouldn't he be more powerful, considering he's absorbed more sunlight?

I'm not reading the series, but if I remember correctly, they took the opposite approach of Kingdom Come and All-Star with Beyond. Instead of getting more powerful as he lives longer and absorbs more sunlight, he is getting older and weakening over time in that series.
#3 Posted by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi said:

@ComicStooge said:

I'm not reading the series, but if I remember correctly, they took the opposite approach of Kingdom Come and All-Star with Beyond. Instead of getting more powerful as he lives longer and absorbs more sunlight, he is getting older and weakening over time in that series.

Ah. Makes sense, kinda. I prefer the KC approach, but I can role with that.

#4 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3482 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicStooge: Yup yup. Just a different approach to an aging Supes.
#5 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

The approach is that he's cells are decaying as a result of ageing and he can't absorb sunlight the way he used to. It makes sense to me since that happens when you get older.

#6 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

he is pretty much powerfull. in a recent issue,he has pushed ( pretty fast) a k-nite moon into the sun. he was wearing a suit that was shielding him from the radiation,but it was not protecting him at 100%.

#7 Posted by Hyperlight (5436 posts) - - Show Bio

they take different approaches in different storyline... generally the writers consider him ages and his genetics optimally efficient.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.